Offshore oil and gas exploration activities have in recent times been on the increase. This is because as the number of new discoveries of oil and gas reserves decreases, there is need to fully exploit existing resources. These offshore exploration activities have their concomitant technological challenges, which are quite different from those experienced during onshore exploration. These challenges have led to the rampant use of Floating production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) platforms, and major modifications of the process equipment used on these platforms such as coil-wound heat exchangers and contacting columns. The process plant for these operations includes Vapour Liquid Equilibrium (VLE) contacting devices for absorption, stripping and distillation. Such sways will result in tilting of the VLE equipment mounted on the platforms and lead to a loss or total collapse of the efficiency of such equipment. The design of VLE equipment which can operate under such conditions without loss of efficiency still remains a major Engineering challenge.
Engr Onyelucheya’s current research is focused on the development of a plate column that can operate without loss of efficiency under vertical, tilt and motion conditions is the motivation for this research work.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B. Engr, 1997, Chemical Engineering, Federal University of Tech., Owerri, Nigeria
- M. Engr, 2003, Chemical Engineering, Federal University of Tech., Owerri, Nigeria
- PhD, In View, Chemical Engineering, Federal University of Tech., Owerri, Nigeria
Membership of professional bodies
- CORPORATE MEMBER, NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERS (NSChE) – 2003
- GRADUATE MEMBER, NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS (NSE) – 2001
- REGISTERED ENGINEER, COUNCIL FOR REGULATION OF ENGINEERING IN NIGERIA (COREN)-2007
- Okpala, K. O.,Onyelucheya, O. E., Effiong, E. E., “Infusion of Crude oil Sludge with Kernel Chaff as a Calcine Adsorbent for Deodorization of Kerosene”. Journal of Chemical Society of Nigeria, Vol. 2, 2003.
- Onyelucheya, O. E., “Environmental Education: A Priority for Sustainable Environmental Protection in Nigeria”. International Journal of Environmental Issues, Vol. 1, 2003.
- Onyelucheya, O. E., Okpala, K. O., Effiong, E. E., “Dispersion Properties of Alkali Produced from Empty Fruit Bunches of Three Different Species of Oil palm” ,Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 4(2008), 38 – 42.
- Osoka, E.C.; Njiribeako, A.I and Olebunne, F.L. ‘A Rheological Study of Starch Gelatinisation under strong Alkali Conditions’ Journal of the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers. Vol.24, No.1 and 2, 2009, pp 103-110.
- Onyelucheya, O.E.,Osoka, E.C.,Onyelucheya,C.M., “Effects of Palm Bunch Ash on Bioremediation of Crude Oil Contaminated Soil”, Journal of the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers, Vol 25, (2010), 64-72.
- Osoka, E. C., Onyelucheya, O. E., “Data-Driven Model for Palm Bunch Ash Enhanced Bioremediation of Crude Oil Contaminated Soil”, Inter. Jour. Of Engineering. (India), Vol 4, No 3, (2010), 357 – 364.
- Olebunne, F.L., Onyelucheya, O.E., Osoka, E.C., Ekeke,I.C., “Empirical Modeling of Kaolinite Clay-Catalysed Esterification Reaction Using Factorial Design”,Inter. Jour. Of Engineering Science” (Ghana), (Accepted for Publication)
- Olebunne, F.L.; Onyelucheya, O.E.; Osoka, E.C. and Ekeke, I.C. ‘Empirical Modelling Kaolinite Clay-Catalysed Esterification Reaction Using Factorial Design’ International Journal of Engineering Sciences,Ghana. (Accepted for publication)
- Olebunne, F.L.,Igbokwe, P.K., Onyelucheya, O.E., Osoka, E.C., Ekeke,I.C. “Mechanistic Modeling of Clay-Catalysed Liquid-Phase Esterification of Acetic Acid”, Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences (Manchester, United Kingdom),Vol 2,No 4,(2011),631-635.
- Onyelucheya, O. E., “Application of Computational Fluid Dynamics in Drying Equipment Designs”, First Nigerian Drying Symposium, Delta Park, University of Port Harcourt, October 2003.
- Onyelucheya, O. E.,Okpala, K. O.,Orga, A. C., “Drying Kinetics of Cassava Slices” ,First Nigerian Drying Symposium, Delta Park, University of Port Harcourt, October 2003.
- Onyelucheya, O. E., “Achieving Vision 20/2020: The role of Incorporating Indigenous Software Development in Chemical Engineering Education”, Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSChE) 38th Annual Conference, Warri, October 2008.
- Osoka, E. C., Oghome, P. I., Onyelucheya, O. E., “Rate Model for Bioremediation Based on Total Hydrocarbon Content”, Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSChE) 38th Annual Conference, Warri, October 2008.
Lecturer I, Federal University of Technology, Owerri