My career started in 1987 at MARTRIC W. A. Ltd. (construction engineers), Orji, where I was the Assistant Civil Engineer. In 1988, I joined OSAC Engineering Nig. Ltd. (consulting engineers), Egbu, and held the position of Design/Project Engineer. In 1989, I joined the the Works Department of Alvan Ikoku College of Education, Owerri, where I rose to the position of Principal Works Engineer. By the year 2000, I left Alvan and joined the Quality Assurance Department of Bouygues Nig. Ltd. (BNL, a foremost French Building construction firm), Abuja. After undergoing some on-the-job training in QA/QC, certified by SON Nig. and SGS UK, I rose to the rank of Head, Quality Assurance Department in 2002. My interest in academics made me to leave BNL in 2003 to join the services of Federal University of Technology, Minna, as a lecturer in Civil/Structural Engineering. Presently, I am a lecturer in Civil/Structural Engineering at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, since 2005.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B. Engr. (Nig.) in Civil Engineering, 1985.
- M. Engr. (Nig.) in Structural Engineering, 1990.
Membership of professional bodies
Member of Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- “Concrete With Groundnut Shell Ash As Admixture” Procceedings Of The Sixth Annual Engineering Conference, Federal University Of Technology,Minna, Niger State, June 2005.
- Project Quality Plans (For Major Construction Projects Executed By Bouygues Nigeria Limited, Dragages Engineering And Construction Limited, Abuja.
- Quality Management System Manual. (For Bouygues Nigeria Limited (BNL)), (Documents That Describe The Procedures For Achieving High Standards In Workmanship And Project Performance).
- General Operating Procedures. . (For Bouygues Nigeria Limited (BNL)), (Documents That Describe The Procedures For Achieving High Standards In Workmanship And Project Performance).
- Former Departmental Examinations Officer
- Former Member Of S.E.E.T. Welfare Committee,
- Member Of Departmental Laboratory Committee.