Dr Damian Obioma Dike, a Senior Lecturer in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department, Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Nigeria is a 2008 doctoral graduate of Tennessee Technological University, USA. He currently also serves as the University Alumni Relations Officer, FUTO. He worked with Cummins Inc (Power Generation) USA as a Senior Project Engineer from 2008 to 2010, where he designed and supervised the execution of 53 low and medium voltage paralleling system projects. At FUTO, he leads the electrical power and embedded systems research team (EPERT). He also serves as a coordinating consultant engineer to JENCEL Consults limited.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, Tennessee, USA 2008.
- M. Sc. Electrical Engineering (Power System Option), FUT Owerri, 2002.
- B. Eng, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, FUT Owerri, 1995
- D. O. Dike and S. M. Mahajan, “Voltage Stability Index-based Reactive Power Compensation Scheme,” accepted for publication in the proceedings of IASTED International Conference on Power and Energy Systems, Sept.3, 2012, in Gaborone, Botswana.
- Iheaturu, N.C, Rauhe, J.C., Costa, F.M., Madufor, I. C., Ugochukwu, C. N and Dike, D. O., “Raw materials Development for Renewable Energy Supply in Nigeria: A case for the utilization of spent oil base drilling mud (SOBM) filler in Wind Turbine Blades,”. Applied Signals Reports, Vol. 1, Issue 3, May 2011.
- Iheaturu, N.C., Ryzard, P., Madufor, I.C., Rauhe, J.C., Sadiku, R.E. and Dike, D. O., “Polymer Process Technologies for Wind Turbines: Prospects for Energy Efficiency and Improved Energy Generation in Nigeria,” AppliedSignals Reports, Vol. 1, Issue 4, October 2011, p.1-22.
- Dike, V. N, Chineke, T.C., Dike, D. O. and Akujor, C.E. “Synthesis of wind and solar energy options: A viable way of boosting energy generation in Nigeria, “International Conference on Renewable and Alternative Energy (FUTO Alternative Energy 2011), August 7 – 11, 2011.
- C. O. Ahiakwor, U. C. Chukwu and D. O. Dike, “Optimal Transmission Line Pricing Algorithm for an Emerging Restructured Power Utility,” published in the Proceedings of IEEE Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, April 21-24, 2008, Chicago IL, USA. .
- D. O. Dike and S. M. Mahajan, “L-index Modulated Voltage Source Converter,” published in the International Journal of Emerging Electric Power System, Berkeley Electronic Press, Berkeley, CA 94705, USA (October, 2008).
- D. O. Dike and S. M. Mahajan, “Utilization of L-index in Microgrid Interconnected Power System Network,” published in the Proceedings of Power Engineering Society General Meeting, July 20-24, 2008, Pittsburg, PA, USA.
- D. O. Dike, S. M. Mahajan and G. Radman, “Development of a Versatile Voltage Stability Index Algorithm,” published in the Proceedings of IEEE Electrical Power Conference 2007, Montreal QC, Canada, October 24-26, 2007.
- D. O. Dike and O. B. Obah, “Remodeling of West African power pool to include HVDC links for improved performance”, IREJEST, Nigeria, 2004.
- O. D. Momoh and D. O. Dike, “Dynamic and Steady State Analysis of Boost Rectifier Supplying Voltage Sensitive Load”, published in the Proceedings of the 38th SSST/IEEE Conference, Macon Georgia, March 4 – 6, 2007, pp. 42-46.
- D.O. Dike and O. D. Momoh, “An Integrated AC/DC Super-grid System – A Mechanism to solving the North American Electrical Power Crisis”, published in the Proceedings of the 38th SSST/IEEE Conference, Macon Georgia, March 4 – 6, 2007, pp. 204-208
- Deputy Managing Director, FUTO Consult Ltd (2010 – 2011)
- Lecturer I, EEE Department, FUTO ( 09/2007 – 09/2011)
- Senior Electrical Engineer – Systems Design, Cummins Inc Power Generation Unit, Fridley, MN 55432, USA (Sept. 2008 – Sept 2010).
- Research Assistant, Center for Energy Systems Research, Tennessee Technical University, Cookeville, (August 2005 – August 2008).