Linda Oluchi Akajiaku is a Food Technologist and a Lecturer II in the Department of Food Science and Technology, School of Engineering and Engineering Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State Nigeria.
She had her B.Sc. Honours degree in Food Science and Technology from Imo State University, Owerri, Nigeria in 2007, M.Sc in Food Technology from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria in 2012 and currently on her Ph.D programme in the Department of Food Science and Technology, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, Umuahia, Nigeria.
She has worked in the food industry as a production supervisor in Mosmmera Guest Palace Water Treatment Plant, Lafia, Nassarawa State. She is a member of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) and was a member of the Local Organizing Committee of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) 39th AGM/Conference in 2015.
Linda has also served as a member in Food Safety Services (Nigeria) Ltd / Royal Life Saving Society, Imo State Chapter (in the period of 2009- 2015).
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.Sc. Honours degree in Food Science and Technology, Imo State University, Owerri, Nigeria, in 2007
- M.Sc. in Food Technology, University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria in 2012
- Ph.D in Food Science and Technology, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria (In view)
Membership of professional bodies
- Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (Member).
- Nigeria Institute of Management [Chartered] (Member)
- Food Processing Technology
- Food Preservation
- Food Storage Stability Studies
- Nutritional and Chemical composition of underutilized and lesser known food crops – seeds and nuts
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Food Product Development
- Food Packaging Technology