- Academic Staff
Miss. M. Olumba
Mr. C. C. Onwuachu
Mr. O. E. Okeke
Mr. G. N. Nwaji
Mr. U. V. Opara
- Other Schools
- Our Resources
QUALIFICATIONS AND ACADEMIC DEGREES/CERTIFICATES OBTAINED
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Industrial Engineering - 2005
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng) in Mechanical Engineering - 1994
- Bachelor of Engineering(B.Eng) in Metallurgical Engineering - 1988
- West African School Certificate (WASC) - 1981
- First School Leaving Certificate - 1976
- Teaching, research and public service experience at University level since 1992 as a Teaching Assistant at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri and progressed to a Senior Academic at Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State University, Owerri and the University of Port Harcourt.
- Taught a variety of courses at both the undergraduate and Postgraduate levels which includes Engineering Drawing, Industrial Studies, Operations Research, Thermodynamics, Quality Control and Reliability, Workshop Practice, Productivity Engineering, Network Analysis, Entrepreneurship and Innovations, The role of Engineers in the Society at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- Taught Engineering Drawing, Engineering Mathematics, Operations Research, and Advanced Quantitative Techniques as a part-time and Adjunct Lecturers respectively at the Imo State University, Owerri from 1996 to date.
- Taught Principles of Industrial Engineering, Quality Assurance and Reliability at the University of Port Harcourt while on sabbatical leave [2009-2010].
- Supervised over seventy-five student undergraduate theses, about ten master’s theses and co-supervised 2 doctoral theses at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- Design and Construction of a Press for the Production of Shovel Blade.
- Design and Construction of a Manual Duplicating Machine for Rural Schools and Cottage Industries.
- Prevention of Pipeline Corrosion by Cathodic Protection – a design of local alternative to an imported anode.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRED
- Dr. in Industrial Engineering.
- Doctoral thesis was on “Modelling of Interrelationship between Productivity, Quality, Maintenance and Value created in Manufacturing”
- Eng in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Industrial Engineering. M.Eng thesis on “Value Creation and Analysis in Small Scale Industries”.
- Robust expertise in Industrial Engineering and Shop Floor Management.
- Certificated Overseas Training on CATIA V5 Software for 3D modelling and surfacing under the Commonwealth Special Assistance to Africa at the Central Institute of Tool Design, CITD Hyderabad, India.
- Certificated Overseas Training in Hardware Technology at CITD, Hyderabad, India.
- Certificated Overseas Training in AUTOCAD at CITD, Hyderabad, India.
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS AND PRODUCTIVE WORK
- Remy Uche . Determination of Relationship between Productivity and Maintenance, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.5. No.10, pp 1789-1794.
Remy Uche and Saturday Ebigenibo . Predictive Modelling and Analysis of Tool Life in Lathe Cutting Operations, International Journal of Engineering, Vol.4. No. 1, pp 13-23.
Remy Uche and Tyger E. Dumo .Improved Concepts and Modelling on Solar Energy Technology, International Journal of Engineering, Vol.4. No.1, pp 1-12.
Uche, R. and O.N. Oguoma .A Model of Relationship between Fraction Defective and Productivity, International Research Journal in Engineering, Science and Technology, Vol.2 No.2, pp 158-175.
Uche, R. and O.N. Oguoma .Determination of the Relationship between Forced Machine Downtime and Maintenance, International Research Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology, Vol.2 No.2, pp 187-202.
Uche Remy .Interfacing Six Sigma and JIT for Increased Productivity: The Warri Refinery Case, Global Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.2 No.4, pp 503-508.
Uche Remy and Nwobi-Okoye C.C .Balancing Machine Depreciation and Maintenance Cost for Enhanced Productivity, Global Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.2 No.4, pp 535-540.
B.C Chukwudi and Remy Uche. Flocculation of Kaolinite Clay using Natural Polymer, Pacific Journal of Science and Technology, Vol.9. No.2, pp 495-501.
Uche Remy and Chidozie C. Nwobi-Okoye .Maintenance Error Oriented Reliability Determination Model, Pacific Journal of Science and Technology, Vol.10. No.2, pp 303-310.
Remy Uche and Ebieto C.E . Process Monitoring and Control of Machining Operations, Asia Research Publishing Network, Vol. 5. No. 3, pp 62-66.
LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES/WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- Embedding Employability Skills in Postgraduate Curriculum: International Workshop sponsored by the British Council at the University of Greenwich, Medway Campus, Kent, United Kingdom, 21st – 25th June, 2010.
1st African Student Affairs Conference in London School of Business, TASMAC London, 25th – 27th June 2009.
Rotary International Conference in San Antonio, Texas, USA, 18h June – 24th June 2001.
Rotary International Convention in Birmingham, United Kingdom, 17th June to 22nd June 2010.
Christian Pilgrimage to Holy Land of Israel, 7th March – 18th March 2009.
Youth development and Leadership Conference organized by the National Universities Commission at the NUC auditorium, Abuja, 13th – 14th January 2009.
3rd Nigerian Universities Research Fair, jointly organized by the National Universities Commission and the University of Lagos, 28th March 2008.
Leadership Training Workshop organized by the Academic Staff Union of Universities [ASUU] at Hill Top Hotel, Jos, October 2005.
Supervisory Management Workshop organized by the Industrial Training Fund [ITF], 26th March – 28th March 2008.
KSJI Supreme-Subordinate Commandery Nigeria, National Military Workshop, Pastoral Centre Owerri, 28th 30th May 2010.
Annual General Meeting, International Engineering Conference and Exhibition of the Nigerian Society of Engineers [2002-Date].
Annual Engineering Assembly organized by the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria - COREN [2003-Date].
Institute of Operations Research and Management Sciences [INFORMS] International Conference and Annual General Meeting at the Phoenix Convention Centre, Phoenix, Arizona, - 13th October – 17th October 2012.
The Metallurgical, Mining and Materials Division of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Workshop on Condition Monitoring and Machine Diagnostics, 14th – 16th May 2007.
FUTO Consult Ltd and Jeso International organized National Seminar on “Effective Handling of Students’ Problems in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions” 14th – 16th November 2007.
NNPC Special Intervention on Science and Technology Education Training workshop for 9 Niger Delta States and 24 Federal Universities on the use of NNPC sponsored Skill ‘G’ Technical and Vocational Training Equipment, 18th – 24th February 2008.