- Academic Staff
Miss. M. Olumba
Mr. C. C. Onwuachu
Mr. O. E. Okeke
Mr. G. N. Nwaji
Mr. U. V. Opara
- Other Schools
- Our Resources
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS/PRESENT STATUS
B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering Technology, Alabama Agricultural & Mechanical University, Alabama U.S.A., 1983.
M.Sc., Industrial Technology, Alabama A. & M. University, Alabama, U.S.A., 1984.
Ph.D., Manufacturing Engineering, American University, U.S.A., 1992.
Onuoha, G.O. & Miller L.P.: Alloy Selection and Design of Gunmetal Casting.
Technical Report No. AAMU/87/58 Department of Mechanical Engineering, A & M. University, Alabama, USA, (1987).
(ARTICLES IN MONOGRAPH AND/OR CHAPTER IN LABORATORY MANUAL)
Onuoha, G.O. & Anderson R.A.: "Introductory Technology for Colleges and Universities", Department of Industrial Technology, A. & M. University, AL., USA, (1986).
Onuoha, G.O.: "Classification of Metals" Dept. of Mechanical Engineering Technology, A & MUniversity, A1", USA, (1989).
Onuoha, G.O.: "Metal Work-Workshop Safety" Dept. of Mech. Engineering Tech. A & M University, AL., USA, (1989).
Onuoha, G.O. 'Metal Work-Drills and Drilling Machines', Department of Mechanical Engineering, American University of Science and Technology, AL., USA, (1990).
Onuoha, G.O.: "Metal Screw Thread Forming, AmericanUniversity of Science and Technology. AL., USA (1990).
ARTICLES IN LEARNED/ REFERRED JOURNALS
(Thirty-two (32) Journal Articles)
Major productive work (such as technical inventions. Significant useful technological designs, construction of useful products, pilot developments in techniques or in teaching or organization methods etc.
(Ten (10) Major Productive Work).
Books in main discipline and published by reputable publishers at the following levels: University Teaching/Research: Seven (7) Books
i. Onuoha, G. O.: Text Book on "Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM)" Vol. 1 (For Undergraduate Studies). First published in 1984, reprinted 1988, 2000, 2006., International Edition.
ii. Onuoha, G.O.: Text Book on " Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacture (CAD/CAM)"Vol. 2 (For Graduate Studies), (1984, 1988, 2000, 2005). International Edition.
iii. Onuoha, G.O.: Text Book on “Manufacturing Technology and Workshop Practice” Vol. 1 (for Undergraduate Studies), (1986 and 2000, and 2003) International Edition.
iv. Onuoha, G.O.: Text Book on “Manufacturing Technology and Workshop Practice” Vol.2 (for Graduate Studies), (1986, 12.000 and 2004) International Edition.
v. Onuoha, G.O.: Text Book on "Manufacturing Technology and Workshop Practice" Vol. 3 (for Graduate Studies), (1986, 2000 and 2005). International Edition.
vi. Onuoha, G. O.: Text Book on "Industrial Welding Techniques" (1995 and 2002) International Edition.
vii. Onuoha, G, O.: Text Book on “Foundry Practice and Techniques” (2001) International Edition.
University Text: Five (7) Books
Onuoha G. O. Text Book on “Engineering Workshop Practice II with questions and answers, (2008) International Edition.
Onuoha, G.O.: Text Book on "Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacture (CAD/CAM)"Vol. 2 (Revised 2006) International Edition.
Onuoha, G.O.: Text Book on “Manufacturing Technology and Workshop Practice” Vol. 1 (200S) International Edition.
Onuoha, G.O.: Text Book on "Manufacturing Processes Vol. 1 (2007) Int'l Edition.
Onuoha, G.O.: Text Book on "Manufacturing Processes Vol. II (2006) Int'l Edition.
Onuoha, G,O,: Text Book on "Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM)" Vol. 1 (Revised 2007) International Edition.
Onuoha G.O. Text Book on "Engineering Workshop Practice Ill” (2005 ).
Onuoha G. O. Text Book on “Engineer in Society” (2012)
Onuoha G. O. Text Book on “Introduction to Computers in Mechanical Engineering” (2013).
Onuoha G.O. Text Book on “Computer Aided Manufacture (CAM)(2014)
(1) Onuoha, G.O.: "Design, Manufacturing and Testing of a Lens". Paper Published in the A. A&M.U. Academic Publications Vol. 4 (11) (1987).
(2) Onuoha G.O.: Report on Engineering Experience of Dr. G.O. Onuoha, PP. 1-13, Submitted to COREN, February 2002.
TEACHING AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Full-Time Post Master Teaching in a University or at an equivalent level (with dates, employed, posts held).
Alabama A. & M. University (1984 -1989) Instructor
American University (1989 -1992) ‘Assistant Professor
University of Port Harcourt (Nigeria) (2000 - 2002) Senior Lecturer
Federal University of Technology, Owerri (2002 to Present) Senior Lecturer
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Significant Experience Gained during this reporting period.
- Achievement of the Design and Manufacture of the Prototype Model of FUTO SAT 1 Satellite.
- Achievement of over 50 systems Design and Manufacture Projects that can uplift the financial capacity and revenue generation for FUTO.
- Advanced Computer Software Development and programming experience
- Improved Teaching Techniques and Experience
- Improved Research Methodologies and applications.
- Design and Development of Advanced Systems Experience.
- Development of new technologies, new innovations, and inventions for the society's needs.
- New innovations in Design, Manufacture, and maintenance Culture including maintenance of advanced systems such as the Maintenance of a Robot, Computers, Laser printers, photocopies, Automotives, Satellite systems, Communication systems, Radar, Air Traffic Control Systems, Aircraft design, manufacture, and maintenance, the Concept which I am now teaching the students in ENG 102, ENG 201, ENG 206, ENG 314, MEE 206, .MEE 303, MEE 505, and IPE S09.in FUTO.
- I have also gained significant experience through a comprehensive Research Study effort and practice to improve the use of Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) to design and manufacture Machine tools and Production equipment and machinery such as the use of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machines, Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Systems to manufacture Components and parts of which I am presently teaching the students in ENG 104, ENG 201, ENG 203, ENG 206, MEE 206, MEE 303, MEE 505 and IPE 509, MEE 621, and MEE 622 respectively.
- I have gained significant research and practical experience also in advanced Corrosion Control techniques to solve the problems of the Oil and Gas Industry in Nigeria.
- I am currently working on the development and design of power generation system that will provide adequate power supply and stability at the transformer stations, this system will improve the present services currently offered by Power Holding.
- Operates Micro Computer and Manufacturing Equipment Efficiently
- Competency in Teaching, Research with Technical, Engineering and Management Skills.