- Academic Staff
Miss. M. Olumba
Mr. C. C. Onwuachu
Mr. O. E. Okeke
Mr. G. N. Nwaji
Mr. U. V. Opara
- Other Schools
- Our Resources
Nnamdi Verus Ogueke joined the Federal University of Technology, Owerri in 2000 and is currently a Senior Lecturer and the Acting Head, Mechanical Engineering Department. He is actively involved in teaching and research in the primary area of Refrigeration and Energy. His research activities in solar refrigeration, solar water heating, passive cooling technology, bioreactors to produce biofuels among others have produced over 25 scientific papers in archival journals and about 7 in refereed conference proceedings, one of which won an award of the Best Paper in 2005 ASME Conference (Solar Heating and Cooling Track) held at Orlando Florida, USA. Dr. Ogueke has supervised five (5) PhD students. He is a member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Associate Member, American Society for Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) and is duly registered by the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN). He is also the Staff Adviser, Nigerian Universities Engineering Students Association (NUESA). Dr. Ogueke holds a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master Degree in Thermal Engineering and Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering (Energy and Power option). All his degrees are from the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria. He is happily married and the marriage is blessed with children. Dr. Ogueke enjoys watching football and discussing national and international politics.
Doctor of Philosophy, PhD (Mech. Eng. – Energy and Power Option) - 2006
Master of Engineering, M.Eng. (Thermal Engineering) - 1999
Bachelor of Engineering, B.Eng. (Mech. Eng. – Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Eng. Tech.): Second class – Upper division - 1994
West African School Certificate, W.A.S.C. - 1987
First School Leaving Certificate - 1982
- Best year one student in the mechanical engineering department, 1988/89 academic session.
- ASME–ISES 2005 Best Paper Award (with Engr. Prof. E. E. Anyanwu).
- Renewable Energy (solar, wind, biomass) and its Applications to Engineering Systems (Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, Drying, Heating etc.)
- Energy Conservation and Management
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Drying Processes
- Modelling/Simulation of Thermal System
- Simulation of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator (B.Eng. Project)
- Heat and Mass Transfer Analysis of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator (M.Eng. Thesis)
- Transient Analysis and Performance Prediction of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator (PhD Thesis)
- Anyanwu, E.E. and Ogueke, N.V. (2003). Design Consideration for Wind Energy Powered Water Pumping Facility for sites in Nigeria. Environment Protection Engineering, 29(2), pp. 65 – 77.
Anyanwu, E.E. and Ogueke, N.V. (2005). Thermodynamic Design Procedure for Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator. Renewable Energy, 30, pp. 81 – 96.
Anyanwu, E.E. and Ogueke, N.V. (2007). Transient Analysis and Performance Prediction of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator. Applied Thermal Engineering, 27, pp. 2514 – 2523.
Ogueke, N.V. and Anyanwu, E.E. (2008). Design Improvements for a Collector/Generator/Adsorber of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator. Renewable Energy, 33(11), pp. 2428 – 2440.
Ogueke, N.V. and Anyanwu, E.E. (2009). The Performance Analysis of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator during Collector Cool-Down and Refrigerant Evaporation/Readsorption Phases. Proc. IMechE, Part E: J. Process Mechanical Engineering, 223(E1), 11-19.
Ogueke, N.V., Oteh, U.U. and Anyanwu, E.E. (2009). Heat Transmission Through Building Envelopes: Predicted And Validated Indoor Temperatures. Advances in Science and Technology, 3 (1), 11 – 16.
Ogueke, N.V. (2009). Energy Saving Agricultural Produce Dryer. Advances in Science and Technology, 3 (2), 113 – 119.
Ogueke, N.V., Anyanwu, E.E. and Ekechukwu, O.V. (2009). A Review of Solar Water Heating Systems. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 1 (4), 1 – 21.
Ogueke, N.V., Njoku, M.C. and Anyanwu, E.E. (2009). Design Construction and Testing of a Cylindrical Solar Water Heater. International Journal of Energy for a Clean Environment, 10 (1 – 4), pp. 57 – 72.
Nwaigwe, K. N., Okoronkwo, C. A., Ogueke, N. V. and Anyanwu, E. E. (2010). Review of Nocturnal Cooling Systems. International Journal of Energy for a Clean Environment, 11(1 – 4), pp. 117 – 143.
Ogueke, N. V. and Anyanwu, E. E. (2011). Review of Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator III: An Overview of the Solar Collectors for Refrigeration Applications. Advances in Science and Technology, 5 (2), pp. 76 – 94.
Nwaigwe, K. N., Okoronkwo, C. A., Ogueke, N. V., Ugwuoke, P. E. and Anyanwu, E. E. (2012). Transient Analysis and Performance prediction of Nocturnal Radiative Cooling of a Building in Owerri, Nigeria. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, 4 (15), pp. 2496 – 2506.
Agulanna, C. N., Onuoha, G. N., Anyanwu, E. E., Ejike, E. N. O. and Ogueke, N. V. (2012). Experimental Studies of Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Fraction of Municipal Solid Wastes Using a Bioreactor with Integrated Flow Features. Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences, 3 (3), pp. 461 – 469.
Ogueke, N. V., Abam, F., Nwaigwe, K. N., Okoronkwo, C. A., Ugwuoke, P. E. and Anyanwu, E. E. (2013). The effect of seasonal variation and angle of inclination on the performances of photovoltaic panels in south-eastern Nigeria. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, 5 (3), pp. 794 – 800.
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (2000 – Date)
- Involved in teaching a variety of courses including Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Heat and Mass Transfer, Thermodynamics, Solar and Wind Energy Conversion, Numerical Methods in Heat Transfer, etc.
- Supervision of students on their Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate Degree Research Projects in Mechanical Engineering.
- ZINEK Nig. Limited June 2004 – Date
* Principal Consultant on Mechanical Engineering matters.