- Academic Staff
Miss. M. Olumba
Mr. C. C. Onwuachu
Mr. O. E. Okeke
Mr. G. N. Nwaji
Mr. U. V. Opara
- Other Schools
- Our Resources
A Profile of Engr. DR. Godson Ogubuike Osueke; FNSE
Engr Dr. Godson Ogubuike Osueke hails from Ndibinuhu Abueke in Ihitte/Uboma local Government Area of Imo state. He attended St. Patrick school, Abueke where he Obtained the first school living certificate with distinction in 1964 and his West African School certificate from Ibeku High school, Umuahia in 1974. He then went to Government College Afikpo for his advanced level in Sciences and also served as college captain for IBIAM House. He went on to be one of the pioneer students at Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) permanent site, Efurum, warri where he bagged PTI Diploma in Petrochemicals (1977- 79). His outstanding performance earned him automatic employment with NNPC in 1980 and was one of the pioneer indigenous Technologist at the Kaduna Refinery/PPL. He continued his education two years later at Texas Southern University in Houston, USA and Texas A&M University, Prairie view where he bagged B.S (Cum Laude) in Industrial Engineering and M.S Industrial Engineering respectively. While in USA, Engineer Osueke was the founding member of the famous “Nigerian Foundation” which they registered in Houston, Texas in 1982. He won the prestigious National Dean’s list honour in the USA in 1982.
His engineering practice took him to National Productivity Centre as a Productivity Research Officer. He was one of the pioneer staff of Benin zonal office in charge of research operations within Edo, Delta, Ondo and Ekiti States. He rose to Ag. Director of Technological Services at the Abuja Corporate headquarters from where he transferred his services to the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) as a lecturer in Mechanical Engineering. He is a Senior Lecturer and has over 49 Technical publications(Local and International). He holds his Ph. D. in Industrial Engineering from Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria. He is married with four children.
QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED WITH DATES:
First School Leaving Certificate (Distinction) - 1964
West African school certificate - 1974
Advanced Level Certificate (science) - 1976
P.T.I Diploma (Petrochemical Engineering) - 1979
B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering - 1983
M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering - 1985
PhD in Industrial Engineering. 2012
WORKING EXPERIENCES WITH DATES:
- Chemical Technician- NNPC, Kaduna. Jan. 1980-1981
- Production Supervisor- Engineers and Fabricators Company (EFCO) Houston, Texas.USA. 1982-1983
- Maintenance Consultant- APAC, Guef division, Houston, Texas 1983-1984
- Lecturer- Kaduna Polytechnic. 1985-1987
- Lecturer/Head of dept., Mechanical Eng. Sokoto State poly. 1987-1989.
- Planning Engineer- Resin Paints Industries ltd, Owerri. 1989-1992
- Chief productivity Research officer-National productivity Centre. 1993-2005
- Snr. Lecturer- Federal University of Technology, Owerri. 2005-date.
- Member, Presidential Visitation Panel to Kaduna Polytechnic- 2011.
- Fellow, Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Registered Engineer, COREN.
- Forty - Nine Technical Publications(both local and International).
CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE SOCIETY:
1996 – Member, NSE/Exhibition Sub Committee; “Edo 96”.
1997 – Member, NSE, Technical Committee, Benin Branch.
1997 – Member, NSE, Innovations and Inventions Committee, Benin Branch.
1998-99. Co-opted Exco Member, Benin Branch.
2001-05. Member, NSE, Technical Committee, Abuja Branch.
2003 – Founding Member, NSE, Abuja Engineers Ltd (AEL), Abuja Branch.
2003-05. Member, AEL Management, Abuja Branch.
2006-07.Chairman, NSE, Technical Committee, Owerri Branch.
2007 – Pioneer Editor, The Heartland Engineer Journal, Owerri Branch.
2007-09. Editor-in-Chief, The Heartland Engineer, Owerri Branch.
2007-09. Technical Secretary, NSE, Owerri Branch.
2009-2012. General Secretary, NSE, Owerri Branch.
2005-11. Ag. National Secretary, NSE, Industrial Division.
2006-11. Member, NSE/Local Content Committee.
2011-Date. Member, NSE/ National Content Committee.
2009 – Member, Conference Planning Committee, ”Yankari 2008”.
2009 – Member, NSE/LOC, ”HEARTLAND 2009”.
- Member, Presidential Visitation Panel to Kaduna Polytechnic.Kaduna.
2011-2013. Projects Coordinator, Mech. Eng. Dept. FUTO.
- Monitor, National Examinations Council, Imo State.
2012-Date. Chairman, Trinity Group of Lutheran Churches in Owerri (LCN).
2012- Date. Ambassador, Lutheran Church of Nigeria.
2012-Date. Chairman, Abueke and Eluama- Abueke Development Union, Owerri Branch.
2013-Date. Examinations Officer, Mech. Eng. Dept. FUTO.
DETAILS OF ACADEMIC/PROFESSIONAL PUBLICATIONS BY ENGR. DR. G. O. OSUEKE. FNSE.
- OSUEKE, G.O (1983); Improvement on Employee Productivity in the Industry. Proceedings of America Society of Manufacturing Engineers (ASME) Conference. Houston. Texas. USA
- Osueke, G. O.(1988); Teacher Preparation for Technological Take-off in Nigeria. Educational Studies Association of Nigeria (ESAN) Vol 7. No. 2
- Osueke, G. O (1989); Design of Water Quality Information System. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Water Quality. University of Colorado.USA.
- Osueke, G. O.(1997); Maintenance Management as Strategy for Improving Industrial Productivity in Nigeria. Proceedings of the International Engineering Conference of Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Osueke, G. O. & Chukwu, S. O.(1998); Pollution and Waste Problems: Identification and Solution Techniques. Proceedings. Nigerian Society of Engineers Conference @ the University Of Benin.
- Osueke, G. O.(2005); Product Design Towards the Year 2010. Proceedings of the 2ND National Conference of the Nigeria Institution of Production Engineers. Benin City. The University of Benin. Nigeria.
- Osueke, G. O.& Osueke, J. C.(2005); Tools and methods for Total Quality Management in the Food Industry. Proceedings of the 29th Annual Conference of NIFST Abakaliki. Nigeria.
- Osueke, G. O.(2005); Effective Time Management for Poverty Eradication Programmes in Nigeria. The Nigerian Engineer. Technical Journal of NSE, Lagos. Nigeria.
- Osueke, G. O.& Nwakaudu, M. S.(2006); Emerging Technologies to minimize Adverse Organizational Impact on total Environment. Nawacs Journal of woman Academics. Vol 1 No.2 Imo State University. Owerri. Nigeria.
- Osueke, G. O.(2006); Local Government Councils as Facilitators for Industrialization and Economic Empowerment at the Grassroots. Proceedings of 2006 National Conference of National Association of Women Academics. Owerri Nigeria. NAWACS.