Dr. Izuegbunam Fabian Izundu
Dr. Fabian Izundu Izuegbunam had his undergraduate studies at Federal University of Technology, Minna where he obtained Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) in Electrical and Computer Engineering in 1995. He worked with Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited, QIT, Eket while on NYSC Program between 1995 and 1996; and as a Contract Electrical Engineer from 1996-1998. He joined FUTO as a Research Assistant in 1999 and obtained Masters Degree in Power System Engineering (M.Eng) from Federal University of Technology, Owerri in 2002. His Ph.D research was on ‘Transient Stability Analysis of Nigeria Power System: Multimachine Approach’ which he completed in 2011 at Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- P.hD (Power System Engineering, 2011).
- M.Eng (Power System Engineering, 2002),
- B.Eng (Electrical & Computer Engineering, 1995)
Membership of professional bodies
Member Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE).
- ‘Strategies for the Improvement of Power Supply from a metropolitan Sub-station’, Inter. Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, Vol. 4(1), pp 81-85.
- ‘Power Generation with Hydroxy gas-fuelled System’, The Heartland Engineer, Vol. 4(1), pp 78-86.
- ‘Simulation of Synchronous Generator Load Angle measurement for a machine to Infinite bus System using Simpowersystems tool’, International Journal of Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp 585-594.
- ‘Conceptual Design of a Solar Tower Power Plant with a Co-generative Vapour driven Turbine’, Inter. Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, Vol. 6(4), pp 438-447.
- ‘Decomposition of water into highly combustible Hydroxyl gas used in internal combustion engines for electricity generation’, Inter. Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, Vol. 6(4), pp 448-454.
- ‘SIMULINK Simulation of Synchronous Generator load angle Estimation via Linearized Rotor dynamic Equation’ International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 6, No. 7, pp 1411-1424.
- ‘Power Evacuation Assessment and Contingency Evaluation of the Pre-Reform 330KV Nigeria Power System using MATLAB’, Accepted for publication in International Journal of Engineering, Vol. 5(1) Edition.
- . ‘MATLAB Simulation of Power Flow and Contingency Evaluation of the Proposed 330KV Nigeria Network’ Global Journal of Engineering & Technology, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp 361-368.
- ‘Coherent generator based Transient Stability Analysis of the 16 machines, 330KV Nigeria Power System’ Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences (JETEAS), 2(3): 456-461.
- ‘Impact of Power Sector Reform on the Nigeria Power System Transient Stability’, The Proc. of Inter. Conf. on Power systems operation and planning (ICPSOP) 2012, Nairobi, Kenya, pp 40-46.
Coordinated Degree Projects and undergraduate seminars from 2001-2006 & 2008, and has been involved in committee activities at departmental and school level. He has supervised many undergraduate projects, and is presently supervising postgraduate research at both master’s and doctorate degree cadre.
Electromagnetic Fields & Waves, Electrical Machines, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Power & Machines, Theory of Electronic Instrumentation & Measurements, Power System Planning Reliability & Economics, and Electromagnetic of Electrical Machines. He also teaches the following Postgraduate Diploma courses: Electrical Machines, Power Electronics, Electrical & Electronic Engineering Materials and Computer Modeling Simulation & Forecasting.