OSUAGWU CHIDI GIDEON
- Academic Staff
Prof. (Mrs.) V. A. Onwuliri
Prof. A. O. Ojiako
Prof. N. Nwachukwu
Prof. (Mrs) N. C. Agha
Prof. (Mrs) G. N. Okwu
Prof. R. N. Nwaoguikpe
Dr. C. O. Ibegbulem
Dr. L. A. Nwaogu
Dr. K. M. E. Iheanacho
Dr. A. C. Ene
Dr. C. S. Alisi
Dr. (Mrs.) A. A. Emejulu
Dr. C. O. Ujowundu
Mr. K. O. Igwe
Miss A. U. Ezirim
Mrs. D. I Ukairo
Mrs. C. Okey-Mbata
Miss. C. P. Ihedimbu
Mr. C. I. Iheme
Mrs. H. O. Ugwo
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- ♦ Ph.D (Biochemistry, 1993) University of Port-Harcourt, Nigeria. Dissertation on “Blood Redox Changes in Sickle Cell Disease”
- ♦ Post-graduate studies in Medicinal Chemistry, University of Houston, Texas (1978-79).
- ♦ M.Sc. (Chemistry, 1978) Youngstown State University, Ohio.
- ♦ B.Sc. (Biology/Chemistry, 1975) Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana Pennsylvania (Norah E Zink University Scholar, 1972-1975).
Have published sizable journal articles/books in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Systems’ Modeling, and African Cosmology.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG and Ayuk, AA; Derivation of Epsilon (e) and Pi (p) From the Kinetic Molecular Theory of Matter; Global Journal of Pure and Applies Sciences, Vol 16 (3), June 2010.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Oxidative Stress: Sickle Cell Anaemia as Model; Proceedings of the International Union for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Marrakesh Morocco, April 2009.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Primary Pyruvate Acidosis in Sickle Cell Anaemia; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; Vol 24 (2), 2009.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Mole Not pH for Hydrogen Ion Concentration; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; vol. 23 (2); 51-54, 2008.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Further Evidence of Pi (p)-based Erythrocyte Dimensions; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; 23 (1): 48-52, 2008.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG and Madumere, HEO; Depleted Blood Fructose in Diabetes; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Vol 23 (1), 12-14; 2008.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Turbulence: Erythrocyte Structure and Fluid-Dynamic Pi (p) Designs; Journal of Medical Research and Technology; Vol 4 (2); December, 2007.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Polyhedral Charge-packing Model for Blood pH Changes in Disease States; African Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 6 (9), 1128-1131; May, 2007
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG and Mbeyi, CU; Altered Hexose Sugar Metabolism in Sicklecell Anaemia; African Journal of Biochemistry, Vol 1 (3), 037-040; August, 2007
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; The Energy Cost of Kidney Proton Dialysis in Sickle Cell Anaemia; African Journal of Biotechnology, Vol 6 (2) 128-130; January, 2007.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Nwanjo, HU and Ajaegbu, VU; Decreased Erythrocyte Resting Membrane Potential in Sicklecell Anaemia; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 24 (2): 51-54, 2008.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Physicochemical Logics of the Natural Selection of Biostructural Elements; Journal of Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; 25 (1), 2010.
- ♦ Igwe, CU, Onyeze, GOC, Onwuliri, VA, Osuagwu, CG and Ojiako, AO; Evaluation of Chemical Composition of the Leaf of Spondias Mombin Linn from Nigeria. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, Vol 4 (5): 706-710, 2010.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Mechanism of the Anti-sickling Effects of Cajanus Cajan and Phenylalanine; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 25 (2): 2010.
- ♦ Alisi, CS; Ojiako, AO; Osuagwu, CG and Onyeze, GOC. Response Pattern of Anti-Oxidants to Lipid Peroxide Concentration in Carbon-tetroxide Hepato-toxicity is Tightly Logistic in Rabbits. European Journal of Medicinal Plants; 1(4): 118-129, 2011.
- ♦ Alisi C.S, Onyezeaco, Ojiako O.A and Osuagwu .G Evaluation of the Protective Potential of Chromolaema adorata linn. Extract on Carbon Tetrachloride – induced Didative live damage. International Journal of Biochemistry Research and Review 1 (3): 69 – 81, 2011.
- ♦ Alisi C.S, Ojiako O.A, Osuagwu C.G. and Onyeze G.C, Free Radical Scavenging and in – vitro Antioxidqant effects of ethanol Exctract of the medical Herb chromolaema odorata linn.
British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 1(4): 141 – 155, 20211.