The following activities are undertaking in the machine shop:
(1) Training of students on the use of Engineering production machines, such as lathe, shaping, drilling, grinding and milling machines
(2) Machining of shafts/spindles
(3) Cutting of keyways both external and internal
(4) Knurl surfaces production
(5) Boring of holes
(6) Drilling of holes
(7) Production of bevel and spur gears
(8) Cutting of internal and external threads.
(9) Milling of flat surfaces
(10) Angular milling
(11) Cutting of pulleys.
At the fitting shop undergraduates, and postgraduate students of Engineering and selected students on Industrial attachment are exposed to hands-on training.
Besides students training, the section renders services to industrialists through the production of needed spare parts and machines including Agro-allied machines.