Dr. Ifeanyichukwu P. Ogbuewu
- PhD Animal Physiology/ Reproduction – 2013
- M.Sc. Animal Physiology / Reproduction – 2008
- B. Agric. Tech. – 2002
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship position awarded to me by the Department of Agriculture and Animal Health (AHH), College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES), University of South Africa (UNISA), Florida Science Campus, Johannesburg, South Africa from July 01, 2018 – On-going.
- International travel grant awarded by United Nations University Institute for Natural Resources in Africa Operating Unit of Cameroun (UNU-INRA-OU/CM) to enable me to participate in the summer training course on Computer Applications to the Analysis and Management of Natural Resources: Geomatic held at University of Yaoundé I, Yaoundé Cameroun from July 13 – 25, 2017.
- International travel, lodging and daily expenses grant awarded by Swedish International Development Authority (Sida) funded Programme Agriculture for Food Security (AgriFoSe 2030) in partnership with the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) to enable me to participate in the Introduction course on Meta-analysis held in World Agroforestry Centre Nairobi, Kenya from November 28 – December 04, 2016.
- Doctoral research grant award by the TETFUND of the Federal Ministry of Education, Nigeria to enable me to undertake the Doctoral study titled “Studies of physiological responses of rabbits to ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe) rhizome powder” in 2011.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member, South African Professional Natural Scientist
- Registered Animal Scientist with Nigerian Institutes of Animal Science (NIAS/RAS 00225)
- Member, Society for African Journal Editors (SAJE)
- Member, Nigerian Society for Animal Production (NSAP)
- Member, Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN)
- Member, Animal Science Association of Nigeria (ASAN)
Courses Assigned to Teach
MGT 409, MGT 909, MGT 801, MGT 813, MGT 855
Courses assigned: Structure of the Nigerian Economy, Man
Course and Code
- AST 201 Principles of Animal Production I
- AST 405 Anatomy and Physiology of Farm Animal
- AST 407 Reproductive Physiology and Endocrinology of Farm Animals
- AST 502 Swine Production
- AST 509 Research Techniques & Computer Application In Animal Science
- AST 512 Rabbits and Mini-livestock Production
- AST 513 Biotechnology in Animal Production
- AST 514 Research Techniques in Animal Science and Technology
- AST 708 Animal Reproduction
- AST 709 Livestock Anatomy and Physiology
- AST 805 Advanced Endocrinology
- AST 806 Advanced Vertebrate Physiology
- AST 807 Advanced Reproductive Physiology
- AST 813 Environmental Physiology
- AST 831 Biotechnology in Animal Production
- AST 902 Recent Advances in Animal Biotechnology
- AST 904 Global Issues in Animal Industry
- AST 910 Recent Advances in Reproductive Physiology
agement Thought and Philosophy, Management Theory and Practice, Global Economic Environment, Global Procurement and Contract Administration.
- Tutor (National Youth Service Primary Assignment) in the Hope International School, Ipetumodu, Ife North Local Government area of Osun State, Nigeria, March 2003 – February 2004.
- Technical sale representative, Farmavet Nigeria Limited, Aba, Abia State, 2004 – 2005.
- Community Facilitator to the Government of Abia State of Nigeria on Third National Fadama Development Project (FADAMA III project), World Bank Assisted Project, 2008 – 2013.
- Secretary of the Scientific-Technical Subcommittee that organized the 43rd Annual Conference of Nigerian Society for Animal Production (NSAP) held at New SAAT Lecture Theatre, the Federal University of Technology Owerri between 18 –22 March 2018.
- Lecturer: Department of Animal Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, June 2005 – till date.
My current research interest centres on the following areas:
- Optimizing reproductive efficiency and productivity of livestock and poultry through nutritional interventions using a quadratic regression model.
- A meta-analysis of the response of livestock and poultry to alternative feedstuffs-based diets novel feed supplements and probiotics.
- Identification and characterization of the diversity medicinal plant species used in animal reproduction intervention in southeastern Nigeria using nutritional, phytochemical and molecular markers.
- Ogbuewu IP, Okoro VM, Mbajiorgu CA. (2020). A meta-analysis of the influence of psychobiotic (pepper) supplementation in broiler chicken performance. Trop. Anim. Hlth. Prod., 52 (1): 17-30. doi.10.1007/s11250-019-02118-
- Ogbuewu IP, Okoro VMO, Mbajiorgu EF, Mbajiorgu CA. (2019). The beneficial effect of garlic (Allium sativum) in livestock and poultry nutrition: A review. Agric. Res., 8 (4): 411- 426, doi: 10.1007/s40003-018-0390-y
- Ogbuewu IP, Mbajiorgu CA (2019). Supplementation and optimization of ginger (Zingiber officinale) rhizome powder in growing rabbit diets. Indian J. Anim. Res., pp. 1-5, doi: 10.18805/ijar.B-1017.
- Modisaojang-Mojanaja MMC, Ogbuewu IP, Mokolpi, BG, Oguttu JW, Mbajiorgu CA. (2019). Mineral composition of Moringa oleifera leaf meal (MOLM) and the response of ross 308 broilers to MOLM supplementation. Apple. Ecol. and Envtal Res. 17(4): 8139 – 8150.
- Ogbuewu IP, Mbajiorgu CA. (2019). The potential of leaf and seed meals of tropical plants in chicken diet: effect on spermatozoa and egg production. Trop. Anim. Hlth. Prod., 51:267-277. doi.org/10.1007/s11250-018-
- Okoli IC, Achonwa CC, Ogbuewu IP, Ezema C, Mbajiorgu CA, Emesowurum MC. (2019). The impact of on-site feeding practice on the reproductive indices of reared under-educated smallholder systems in Imo state – Nigeria. Trop. Anim. Hlth. Prod., 51 (4): 831-837. doi: 10.1007/s11250-018-1758-5
- Ogbuewu IP, Mbajiorgu CA, Okoli IC (2019). Antioxidant activity of ginger and its effect on blood chemistry and production physiology of poultry. Comp. Clin. Path., 51(2): 255 – 266, https://doi.org/10.1007/
- Modisaojang-Mojanaja MMC, Ogbuewu IP, Oguttu JW, Mbajiorgu CA. (2019). Moderate levels of dietary Moringa oleifera leaf meal supplementation improve blood values in broiler chickens. J. Agric. Food and Environ. 17(3-4): 39-44. doi: https://doi.org/10.1234/4.
- Iwuji TC, Ogbuewu IP, Herbert U (2018). Haematology and serum biochemistry of growing New Zealand White (NZW) rabbits administered Panax ginseng extracts. Comp. Clin. Path., 27:1691-1697. doi.org/10.1007/s00580-018-
- Ogbuewu IP, Okehi MC, Jiwuba PC (2017). Effect of psychobiotic (turmeric) supplementation on semen and blood characteristics of rabbits. Comp. Clin. Path., 26:817 – 822. doi: 10.1007/s00580-017-2452-0.
- Jiwuba PC, Ahamefule FO, Ogbuewu IP, Ikwunze K (2017). Blood chemistry and haematology of West African Dwarf Goats fed Moringa oleifera leaf meal (MOLM) in their diet. Comp. Clin. Path., 26:621-624. doi: 10.1007/s00580-017-2434-2.
- Uchegbu MC, Ogbuewu IP, Ezebuiro LE (2017). Blood chemistry and haematology of finisher broilers fed plantain (Musa paradisiaca L) peel in their diets. Comp. Clin. Path., 26:605 – 609. doi: 10.1007/s00580-017-2421-7.
- Ogbuewu IP, Ukaegbu FC, Odoemelam VU, Ugwuoke FO, Echereobia CO, Okoli IC (2016). Studies on the diversity of medicinal plant species utilized for goat reproduction in Abia State Nigeria. J. Livestock Sci., 7: 1 – 12.
- Ogbuewu IP, Jiwuba PD., Okoro VMO, Mbajiorgu CA, Okoli IC (2016). Neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf and kernel and their effects on production and physiology of poultry: A review. Comp. Clin. Path., 26 (2): 299 – 307. doi 10.1007/s00580-016-2336-8.
- Ogbuewu IP, Emenalom OO, Okoli IC (2015). Alternative feedstuffs and their effects on blood chemistry and haematology of rabbits & chickens: a review. Comp. Clin. Path., 26 (2): 277 – 286. doi.10.1007/s00580-015-2210-0.
- Ogbuewu IP, Ezeokeke CT, Okoli IC, Iloeje MU (2015). Blood chemistry and relative organ weights of rabbits fed neem leaf meal-based diets. Nig. J. Anim. Prod., 42 (2):111-121.