Dr Ogechi E. Kadurumba
- Commendation letter from 74th Senate of the Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike for making a CGPA of 4.30
- Best graduating student class of 2005 Animal Science Department, Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike Abia State.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Registered Animal Scientist with Nigeria Institute of Animal Science (NIAS)
- Member, Nigerian Society of Animal Production (NSAP)
- Member, Animal Science Association of Nigeria (ASAN)
Courses Assigned to Teach
- AGR 207 Introduction to Agricultural Biotechnology
- AST 304 Elements of Animal Production
- AGR 303 Agricultural genetics
- AST401 Quantitative and Hereditary Genetics in Animal Breeding
- AST 510 Applied Animal Breeding
- AST 513 Biotechnology in Animal Production
- AST 701 Principles of Agricultural Genetics
- AST 702 Applied Animal Breeding and Genetics
- AST 703 Design and Analysis of Livestock experiment
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri, (FUTO) Imo State Nigeria
- Position: Senior Lecturer
- Duties: *Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students
- *Conducting research/project works
- *Academic advisor for undergraduate students
- *Invigilating examinations
- *Organising students’workshops /practicals
- *Computing and Compilation of student results.
- Period: 2009 to date.
- African Chicken Genetic Gains Nigeria (ACGG-NG) project team
- Position: Field Officer(FO) / Supervisor
- Conduct a baseline survey of rural households rearing chicken
- Duties: * distributed improved strains of local chickens to selected rural households
- * Pay regular biweekly and monthly visits to farm households to collect data on body weights, bird inventory and exits, disease and feeding management practices
- * upload data regularly to ACCG cloud
- * organize community innovative platforms every quarter
- * vaccinate birds
- * Monitor and supervise other Field Officers
- * Report directly to the National Coordinator any challenges faced by FOs in the field
- Period: 2015 – 2018
- MOUAU Teaching and Research Farm Ltd. Umudike Abia State Nigeria.
- Position: Industrial Trainee.
- Duties: Management of poultry, Pig, Rabbit and Cattle, Sheep and goat, tree crop and food crop production. Nursery techniques and soil sterilization, irrigation farming, marketing farm produce, extension services and data analysis and record keeping.
- Period: January 2002 – December 2003.
Strategic Management and
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Genomics and bioinformatics
- Conservation of indigenous germplasm
- Food security
- Molecular Biology
- Akpan, P.L, Okoye, U.C, Onyechere, O.P (2018) Business Imper
Publicationsatives and Sustainable Growth of Food and Beverage Firms in a Developing Economy. IJJRM
- Kadurumba, O.E. and Ogbuewu, I.P. (2011). Bodyweight and growth characteristics of the progeny chicks of two breeds of the Nigerian local chicken in a humid tropical environment. Int. J. Agric. and Rural Dev. 14 (2): 649 – 651.
- Okoro, V.M.O., Ogundu, U.E., Kadurumba, O.E., Iloeje, M.U., Okoro, C.L.., Nosike, R.J. &Ibe, S.N. (2012). Genetic variations in locally adapted Turkeys, Additive and non-additive genetic effects on growth traits. Genomics and Quantitative genetics 4: 1- 7. http://www.sciencedirect.com
- Kadururmba, O.E., Ogundu, U.E., Kadurumba, C., &Unamba-oparah, I.C. (2012). Growth performance and economic benefits of Broiler starters fed unfermented cassava root meal supplemented with palm oil as a substitute for maize. Int’l Journal of Agric. and Rural Devt.15(1) Pp: 902-905
- Ogbuewu, I.P., Iwuji, T.C., Kadurumba, O.E., Omede, A.A., Unamba – Oparah, I.C., Aladi, N.O., Etuk, I.F. &Etuk, E.B. (2012). Manipulation and reconstruction of atoms and molecules: a new technology tool kit in animal agriculture. Adv. Agric. Sci. and Eng Res., 2 (4): 131 – 138.
- Ogbuewu, I.P., Enumaibe, C., Kadurumba, O.E., Iwuji, T.C., Ogundu, U.E., Etuk, I.F., Opara, M.N., Okoli, I.C &Iloeje, M.U. (2013). Sexual libido, testicular histology and physiology of rabbit bucks fed diets supplemented with toasted soybean seed meal. J. Agric. Tech., 9 (1): 21 – 28. www.ijat.aatsea.com
- Ogbuewu, I.P., Kadurumba, O.E., Okoli, I.C. &Iloeje, M.U. (2013). Effect of ginger rhizome powder supplement and sex on haematological indices of pre-pubertal rabbits. J. Agric. Tech., 9 (1): 11 – 19. https:// www.ijat.aatsea.com.
- Kadurumba, O.E., Iloeje, M.U. &Ibe, S.N. (2014) Differentiation of the Nigerian local chickens in a humid tropical Environment based on Biologic Markers. Adv. Agric. Sci. and Engr. Res., Vol 4 (1) 1488 – 1493.
- Kadurumba, C., Kadurumba, O.E. & Ahiwe, E.U. (2014). Measurement and sources of economic efficiency in pig production in Ebonyi State, Nigeria: A stochastic frontier function approach. Adv. Agric. Sci. and Engr. Res., Vol4 (2): 1522 – 1527.
- Kadurumba, O.E., Ibe, S.N., Okoro, V.M.O., Odoemelam, V.U., Ogbuewu, I.P. &Nwaogwugwu, U.C. (2014). Bodyweight as a discriminant factor among three breeds of the Nigerian Local chicken Adv. Agric. Sci. and Engr. Res.,Vol 4(4) 1590 – 1594
- Okoro, V.M.O., Kemka, B.I., Okoh, E.H., Osuchukwu, R.C., Obiozor, O., Kadurumba, O.E., Ogundu, U. E. and Ibe, S.N. (2014). Genetic variability among pig populations in Imo State, Nigeria using random amplified polymorphic DNA-PCR. Nig. Journal of Genetics. 28: 44-47. https://reader.elsevier.com>
- Okoro, V. M., Ogundu, U. E., Okani, M., Oziri, I., Eneowo, O. Olisenekwu, O. T., Kadurumba, O.E., Ogbuewu, I. P., Onyemauwa, S., Ukwu, H. O. &Ibe, S. N. (2015) Principal Component Analysis of Conformation and Blood Marker Traits at Pre- and Post-Weaning Stages of Growth in F2 Crossbred Nigerian Indigenous X Landrace Pigs. Animal Biotechnology, 26:4, 243-250.
- Ahiwe, E.U, Okere, P.C., Egenuka, F.C., Obikaonu, H.O., Kadurumba, O.E., Ekeledo, P.O. &Okehie, U.N. (2015). Involvement of Women in Poultry Production: A Veritable way for Poverty reduction in Nigeria. Int’l Journal of Agric. and Rural Devt. Volume 18(2): 2195-2202.
- Kadurumba, O.E., Okoli, I.C., Okere, P.C., Ikpamezie, L.C., Nwogu C.M., Egenuka, F.C. &Ngezelonye, I.F. (2015). Rural Production and Phenotypic Variations among Indigenous Ducks In Imo State Nigeria.Int’l Journal of Agric. and Rural Devt.Volume 18(2): 2287-2291.
- Iwuji T.C., Obiejezie, N.R., Ogbuewu, I. P., Etuk, I. F., Ahiwe, E. U., Kadurumba, O.E. and Ezea, J (2016). Reproductive and Haemato-Biochemical influence of aqueous extracts of Moringa oleifera leaves on adult New Zealand Rabbit Bucks.. International Journal of Life Sciences and Technology (2016), Volume 9, Issue 9, Page(s):74-80.ISSN: 0974-5335 IJLST (2016), 9(9):74-80.
- Jiwuba, P.C., Ugwu, D.O., Kadurumba, O.E. and Dauda, E. (2016) Haematological and serum biochemical indices of weaner rabbits fed varying levels of dried Gmelina Arborea leaf meal. International blood research and reviews 6(2): 1- 8. Publishers: science domain international.
- Jiwuba, P.C., Kadurumba, O.E., Nwoko, A.C. and Dauda, E. (2016). Nutritional evaluation of graded levels of pigeon pea seed meal on growth performance and blood chemistry of broiler starter birds. Case studies Journal. Impact Factor 3.582.
- Iwuji, T.C., Nwapi, D.O., Ogbuewu, I.P. Kadurumba, O.E., Egenuka, F.C. and Okere, P.C. (2017). Management, blood and reproductive parameters of rabbits reared in Imo State Nigerian Journal of Animal Production Vol 44(2): 248 – 256.
- Jiwuba, P.C, Kuka, T.T., Kadurumba, O.E., Nwachukwu, C.O. (2017). Evaluation of Haematological and Serum Biochemical Characteristics of Annona muricata (Sour Sop) Leaf Extract on Broiler Birds. International Journal of Research Studies in Microbiology and Biotechnology Volume 3, Issue 4, 2017, PP 6-11
- Jiwuba, P. C, Onwujiariri, E. B. and Kadurumba, O. E. (2018). Carcass yield, organ response and cost/benefit evaluation of West African dwarf goats fed yellow root Cassava Peel-Centrosema leaf meal-based diets. Nigerian Journal of Animal Production 45(2): 342 – 351.
- Kadurumba, C., Kadurumba, O.E. and Enekwachi, M.E. (2019). Piggery waste management practices and environmental implications on human health in rivers state Nigeria. Int’l journal of agric. And Rural Devt. Volume 22(1): 4161-4166.
- Kadurumba, C., Kadurumba, O.E. and Mgbada, J.U. (2019). Profitability and market appeal age among smallholder broiler farmers in Enugu state Nigeria. The International Journal of Agriculture, Management and Technology, 2(1): 127- 134.
- Onwujiariri, E.B., Kadurumba O.E., Anunwanyi, O.C. (2019). Blood chemistry and carcass characteristics of broiler finishers fed phyllanthus amarus leaf extract The International Journal of Agriculture, Management and Technology, Vol 3(1): 48-51.
- Kadurumba, O.E., Ugwu, A.E., Agu, C.I. and Ikpamezie, L.C. (2019). Disease management practices of broiler farmers in Owerri West Local Government Area, Imo State Proc. 44th Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production, March 17th -21st 2019, UNIABUJA, ABUJA 839-843.
- Kadurumba, C., Mgbada, J.U., Jiwuba, P.C., Kadurumba, O.E. and Njoku, I.A. (2018). Effect of Road transport on Agricultural Development in Ivo L.G.A. of Ebonyi State, Nigeria. Proc. 52nd annual conference of Agricultural Society of Nigeria, 22nd – 26th Oct 2018, Agricultural research council of Nigeria Abuja.
- Kadurumba, O.E., Jiwuba, P.C. Iwuji, T.C. Egenuka, F.C. Okata, U.E. Ozuo, U.K. Agu E.C.and.Iloeje M.U. (2018). Morphological Variations among Indigenous Sheep Populations of Anambra State Nigeria. Proc. 43rd Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production, March 18th – 22nd 2018, FUT Owerri.
- Kadurumba, O.E. Okoro, V.M.O. Ugwu, C.C., Ahiwe, E.U. Ikpamezie, L.C. Okere P.C., Nwogu, C.M. and Okehi, U.N. (2018). Nanotechnology Tools and Their Application in Livestock Production, Breeding and Reproduction: A Review. Proc. 43rd Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production, March 18th – 22nd 2018, FUT Owerri.
- Okere, P.C., Egenuka, F.C., Kadurumba, O.E., Etuk, E.B., Okoli, I.C. and Udedibie, A.B.I.. (2018). Haematological and Biochemical Characteristics of Finisher Broilers Fed Graded Levels of Moringa oliefera Leaf Meal. Proc. 43rd Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production, March 18th – 22nd 2018, FUT Owerri.
- Egenuka, F.C., Obu, U.L., Kadurumba, O.E. and Iwuj, T.C. (2018). Effects of Increasing Blood Meal and Reducing Synthetic Lysine in the Diet on Performance of Layers. Proc. 43rd Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production, March 18th – 22nd 2018, FUT Owerri.
- Okata, U.E., Ihuoma, C.M., Agu, E.C., Kadurumba, O.E., Ugwu, C. C. and Uchegbu, M.C. (2018). Qualitative and Quantitative Scores of Amino Acid Content of Feedstuffs Sampled at Different Locations in Nigeria. Proc. 43rd Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production, March 18th – 22nd 2018, FUT Owerri.
- Ikpamezie, L.C., Okeudo, N.J., Aladi, N.O. Kadurumba, O.E. and Okere, P.C. (2018). Growth Performance Characteristics of Pigs Fed Fermented Palm Kernel Cake Based Diets. Proc. 43rd Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production, March 18th – 22nd 2018, FUT Owerri.
- Nwogu, C.M., Nwogu, R.K., Aladi, N.O., Kadurumba, O.E., Edih, M.C., and Okoli, I.C 2016. Egg quality indices of pullets fed commercial diets supplemented with varying levels of plantain stalk ash. 5th JAM NIAS and ASAN conference Univ. of Port Harcourt.
- Okere, P.C., Jamike, C.C., Kadurumba, O.E., Egenuka, F.C. &Udedibie, A.B.I. (2016). Effect of Nutrient Restriction at the starter phase on haematological and serum biochemical indices of finisher broilers.Proc. 41st Annual Conf.Nigerian Society for Animal Production.Abeokuta Nigeria. Pp: 460 -462.
- Kadurumba, O.E., Okoro, V.M.O., Ogundu, U.E., Iwuji, T.C., Unamba-Oparah, I.C., Ogbuewu, I.P., Ozuo, U.K. and Agu, C.I. (2014). Morphometric measurements of the naked neck, frizzle and normal chickens of Nigeria. 38th Annual GSN conference, Pp;35- 37.
- Odoemelam, V.U., Nwaogu, K.O., Ukachukwu, S.N., Esonu, B.O., Okoli, I.C., Etuk, E.B., Ndelekwute, E.K., Etuk, I.F., Ogbuewu, I.P. and Kadurumba, O.E. (2013). Growth response of broiler chickens fed Ocimumgratissimum L. supplemented diets. Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. Sustainable Anim. Agric. for Developing Countries, July, 27-31, Lanzhou China, pp: 379 – 380.
- Akpan, P.L, and Enemuo U.C (2017) Strategic Thinking and Performance of Brewery Firms; An Empirical Evidence from Nigeria (1980-2017). A paper presented at West East Institute International Conference, Boston. The U.S.A.
- Akpan, P.L, Enemuo, U.C, Onyechere, P.O and Muoneme, P.C (2017) Strategic Environmental Scanning as a Tool for Reviving Performance in a Recessed Economy; Empirical Evidence from Food and Beverage Sub Sector. A paper presented at the Department of Business Administration 2017 International Conference.
- Akpan, P.L, and Enemuo U.C (2016) Environmental Turbulence and Performance of Brewery Firms in Nigeria (1990-2015) published in Global Journal of Business and Management, Department of Business Administration, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.
- Akpan, P.L and Enemuo U.C. (2014) Technological Environment and Manufacturing firms. Evidence from selected firms in the Delta State of Nigeria. A paper presented at Global Academic Network International Conference, De Paul University, Chicago, USA. September 2014.
- Akpan, P.L., Offiong M.O, Orogbo L.O, and Enemuo U.C (2012) Conflict and Development of Oil Producing States: Empirical Reflections on Niger-Delta Region of Nigeria, published in OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development, International Centre for Research in Law ((ICIRL) and centre for Research and Social Justice and Policy (CRSJP) at Laurentian University, Canada; Ontario International Development Agency (OIDA) Canada and PSEG Institute for Sustainability Studies, Montclair State University, New Jersey, USA. Ref. No. 208/USA/12/SD, Available at www.ssm,com/link/OIDA-intl-
Journal-Sustainable-Dev.html. html OR ww.ontariointernational.org/ usa OR email@example.com, Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- Akpan, P.L and Enemuo, U.C (2011). Conflict Management and Sustainable Performance of Petroleum-Based Organizations published in Management Science Research Network.