Prof. Chike T. Ezeokeke
Professor Ezeokeke is a renowned researcher and teacher with many years of experience. He has so many publications in his kitty and has attended several conferences and seminar both locally and internationally. He is happily married with children.
- PhD (2003)
- MSc (1999)
- BSc (1984)
- Research awardee of Federal University of Technology (2007). Project executed with award: Determination of population of indigenous domestic chickens (Gallus domesticus) in individual household in Imo State, Nigeria.
- Tertiary intervention Fund for International Conference awardee (2012) to Kon Kean, Thailand. Paper presented at the conference. Title: Performance of local fowls fed plantain peels meals.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Registered member Nigerian Institute of Animal Science (NIAS)
- Member Nigerian Society for Animal Production (NSAP)
- Member World Poultry Science Nigeria Branch (WPSN)
- Member Animal Science Association of Nigeria (ASAN)
- Member Agricultural Society of Nigerian (ASN)
- Member Nutrition Society of Nigeria (NSN)
Course Code and Course assignment: Over 15 courses taught at both undergraduate and Postgraduate levels.
- Sales Manager (1986-1996).
- Lecturing, research and community service (2005 to date)
Biotechnology & Genetic Engineering using indigenous animal species.
- Ezeokeke, C.T. and Iyayi, E.A (2001). Energy and Protein Requirements for Growth of the Local Domestic Fowl. Trop. J. Anim. Sci. 4(1): 197-204.
- Ezeokeke, C.T (2005). Effect of Combination of Antibiotics as Growth promoters on the Local Fowl. Trop. J. Anim. Sci.Vol.8 no. 1:9-15
- Esonu, B.O.; Nnaemeka, A.A.; Azubuike, J.C.; Uchegbu, M.C. and Ezeokeke, C.T. (2007) Performance and Economic Analysis of broiler Starter fed Dried Rumen Digesta. International Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development. Vol. 9 (1): 77-79.Published by SAAT/FUTO. Vol. 9.ISSN 1595-9716.
- Durunna, C.S.; Ogbedeto, F.O.; Udedibie , AB.I.; Ezeokeke, C.T. and Ogundu, U.E. (2007). Effect of Anthonothana Macrophylla Leaf Meal on Performance of Broiler Starter Chickens. Trop. J. Anim. Sci. Vol. 10 nos 1-2
- Ezeokeke, C.T. (2008). Effect of prebiotics and probiotics as Natural Growth Promoters on Broiler Chicks. Nig. J. of Anim. Prod. Vol. 35, no. 1 pp. 48-55
- Ezeokeke, C.T. (2008). Effects of Prebiotics and probiotics as Growth Promoter on the Fowl (Gallus domesticus). Nig.J. of Anim. Prod. Vol. 35, no 2 pp 162-168.
- Uchegbu, M.C.; Okoli, LC; Omede, A.A; Opara, M.N. and Ezeokeke, C.T. (2008). Biochemical, physical and Performance Evaluations of some Commercial Growers and Layers Ration Manufacturers in Nigeria. Asian J. of Poult. Sci. 2(1): 1-9
- Ezeokeke, C.T.; Okpogode, O.S.; Okoli, J.C. and Esonu, B.O. (2008). Growth Performance of Broilers fed palm oil treated with Vitamin E. Anim. Prod. Res. Advns. Vol. 4(1): 78-81.
- Omede, A.A.; Opara, M.N.; Ezeokeke, C.T. and Okoli, LC (2008). The Significance of Phytohormones in Agriculture and Food. Res. Systems, 2 (1): 189-204.
- Okoli, J.C.; Ezetoha, U.C.; Opara, M.N.; Ezeokeke, C.T. and Iheukwumere, F.C.(2009). Overview of the Physiology of Aromatic Enzyme Actions and Substances that inhibits its activities. Advances in Science and Technology, Vol. 3, no. 1 April/May2009 pp 30-39.
- Ezeokeke, C.T.;Obikaonu, H.O.; Eluma B.U. and . Ogbogu, P.A. (2009). Performance and Carcass Characteristics of Broilers fed Diets containing graded levels of Palm oil supplemented with Vitamin E. Nig. Agric. J. 40 no. 1:206-213.
- Okoli, I.C.; Alaoma, 0.R.; Opara, M. N.; Uchebu, M.C.; Ezeokeke, C.T.; Durunna, C.S.; Nnadi, F.N.; Iheukwumere, F.C. and Okeudo, N.J (2009). Socio-cultural characteristics of educated small holder Pig Farmers and the effects of their feeding practices on Performance of pigs in Imo State, Nigeria. Report and Opinion pp59-65. httpc/www.scieiicepub.net/
- Ezeokeke, C.T.; Durunna, C.S.; Uchegbu, M.C.; Obikaonu, H. O. and Okoro, V.M. (2009).Local Fowl and their Egg quality in six Local Government Areas of Imo State, Nigeria. Poultry Science Journal 6: 57-64.
- Ezeokeke, C.T.; Adeyemo, O.A.; Amaechi, S.; Uchegbu , M.C.; Alor, T.E.; Durunna, C.S. and Mgberem, E. (2010). Growth performance and Egg quality of layers fed graded levels of palm Oil. Nig. J. Anim. Prod. 37 (2): 184 -189.
- Ezeokeke, C.T.; Anyanwu, B.A. and Durunna, C.S. (2010). Effect of Palm Oil Treated with Vitamin E in Diets for Broilers. Accepted for publication in Tropical Journal of Animal Science (TJAS), vol. 12, 2010 edn.
- Okoro, V.M.O.; Ezeokeke, C.T.; Ogundu, U.E and Chukwudum, C. (2010). Phenotypic correlation of body and linear measurement in Chinchilla Rabbits (Orcotolagus cuniculus). Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology and Sustainable Development, Vol. 2(2) pp 027-029. February, 2010. http://www.academi cjourn als.org/JABSD.
- Obikaonu, H.O.; Okereke, C.A.; Ezeokeke, C.T. and Udedibie, A.BJ. (2010).Nutritional Evaluations and the effects of ensiled and sun-dried Cassava peels meals on the performance of finisher Broilers. Animal Production Research Advances (14): 291-295 . www .tapa sinstitute.org/journals /apra.
- Ezeokeke, C.T.; Anyanwu , N.J. and Okoro, V.M.0. (2012). Impact of Fadama II Project on feed, Food and Poverty in Imo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Applied Sociology 2012, 2(3): 22-24. http:/journal .sapub.org/ijas
- V.M.O. Okoro, G.E. Ejiogu L. C. Okoli, G.A. Anyanwu , C.T. Ezeokeke and C.I Okoro (2012). Biometric measurements of body and internal organ traits of indigenous chickens on free range in South Eastern Nigeria. Nigeria Journal of Animal production. Vol. 39(11). Pages 14-23.
- Okoro V.M.O.; Ogundu, U.E.; Ezeokeke, C.T.; Anyanwu, G.A; Okoro, C.L. and Ukwu, H .O (2012). Genetic variations in local ecotype turkeys and effect of genotype, sex and hatch batch on growth-related measurements in live birds. International Journal of Bioscinces. Vol.2:6 pp 109-116
- C.T. Ezeokeke (2013). Performance of local fowls fed plantain peels meal. Nigeria Journal of Animal Production. Vol.40 pages 79-82.
- L. P. Ogbuewu, P. D. Jiwuba, C.T. Ezeokeke, M. C. Uchegbu, L. C. Okoli and M.U. Iloeje (2013). Evaluation of Phytochemical and Nutritional composition of Ginger Rhizome powder. Intl. Journal of Agric. and Rural Dev. 17(1) -1663-1670.
- Odoemelam, V.U.; Ahamefule, F.O.; Ibeawuchi, J.A. and Ezeokeke, C.T (2014) Growth performance and carcass characteristics of West African Dwarf Bucks fed Panicum maximum and Bambara nut (Vigna subterranean) seed meal supplemented diets. Nigerian Journal of Animal Production. Vol.41: 55-165
- Ogbuewu, J.P.; Iwuji, T.C.; Etuk I. F.; Ezeokeke , C.T.; Okoli, I.C. and Iloeje, M.U. (2014). Responses of Pubertal rabbits to dietary supplementation ginger (Zingiber officinale roes). Rhizome powder. Nig. Journal of Anim. Prod. Vol. 4(2):53-60 ISSN 0331-2064.
- Ezeokeke, C.T. and Jyayi, E.A.(2014). Population, production and improvement of local fowl of southern Nigeria ecotype. African Journal of Agricultural Research. Vol. 8 (xx), PP .xx-xx, xx April 2014. Article number: xxxxxx
- Ezeokeke, C.T., Anyanwu, B.A. and Durunna, C.S. (2014). Effect of Palm Oil Treated with Vitamin E in Diet for Broilers. Int’l Journal of Agric. and Rural Dev. Vol. 17 (3): 1959-1962.
- Ogbuewu, J.P.; Ezeokeke, C.T.; Okoli, LC. and Iloeje, M.U. (2015). Blood chemistry and relative organ, weights of rabbits fed neem leaf meal based diets. Nigerian Journal of Animal Production. Volume 42 number 2,. Pp 111-121
- Ezeokeke, C.T. and Onuoha, A.B. (2016).Nutrient Composition of Cereal (Maize), Legume (soyabean and Fruit (banana) as a complementary food for older infants and their sensory Assessment. Journal of Food Science and Engineering 6: 139-148.
- Ezeokeke, C.T. and Onuoha, I.E. (2016). Oil Extractions and Biochemical Analysis of Soyabean seed to ascertain its Nutritional importance. Int. Journal. Of Agric. and Rural dev. Vol.19 (l): 2427-2432.
- Ezeokeke, C.T. and Ezekwe, O.C. (2017). Effect of monosodium Glutamate on the liver and kidney function of Adult Albino Rats and the protective potentials of Vitamin E