Senior Lecturer, Computer Science Department
Dr Fabian O. Uzoh
NYSC period 1978-79 @ MUCAST Makurdi, Benue State, I taught Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. Then for a brief period, I taught Mathematics at Federal Polytechnic Idah before I left for PGD, MSc programmes at the University of Lagos. On completion, I secured lecturing appointment at FUTO where I became Pioneer Computer Science staff as Assistant Lecturer in 1987. I became the First Ag. HOD Computer Science Dept. in 2008. The Dept became autonomous on separating from Dept. of Mathematics. Here I rose to the rank of Senior Lecturer. Both Hardware and Software laboratories were set up during my tenure. Research fund made available then was utilised in procuring 16 Laptops, 4 Desktop computers, 2 Printers,3Electronic Boards, 1Projector, 1Air conditioner(2Horse power). The University management then supplied 15 Computer Tables and Three giant Fans. Fifteen chairs were also supplied by the University Authority.
Growth of Computer Department Science solely depends on University Management. The Dept. still lacks basic infrastructure that is essential for development. For example, Departmental Building that has classrooms, laboratories large enough to accommodate a large number of students for lectures and Practical, instead of the current sharing of several essential facilities with other Departments in the University.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.Sc (HONS) MATHS UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NUSKKA 1974-1978
- PGD COMPUTER SCIENCES UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS 1983
- M.Sc. COMPUTER SCIENCES UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS 1986
- M.Sc. COMPUTER SCIENCE UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT 2004
- PhD COMPUTER SCIENCES UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT 2008
Elementary Mathematics I, II, Mathematical Methods, Ordinary Differential Equations [ODE], Numerical Methods, Numerical Analysis, Computer Applications I & II, Introduction to Computer Organisation, Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis, Assembly Language Programming, Database Management Systems, Database Programming, Computer and Society, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Interactive Computer Graphics, Information Systems and File Structures, and Post Graduate programs in Computer Science.
- TEACHING AT MURITALA MUHAMMED COLLEGE OF ARTS SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (MUCAST) MAKURDI (NYSC) 1978 – 1979
- LECTURING AT FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (FUTO) 1987 – TO DATE
- Corporate Database Design and Implementation.
- Application of Fibonacci searching Technique to GSM database for fast and ease of current hitches in Data communication.
Specialization: Programming Languages, DataBase, Numerical computation
- UZOH O.F. (1999) Hands-On-Computer And Introduction To Basic Programming ISBN 978-028-554-7, Cel bez Publishing Owerri.
- UZOH O.F. (2000) Elements of Fortran Programming Language ISBN 978-0282554-5 Fazih Educational Publishers Owerri
- O.F. UZOH (2011) Efficient Database Architecture for GSM Networks. Journal of Institute of Mathematics & Computer Sciences, (Computer science Ser.) Vol.22.No.1 (2011) 59-66
- O.F. UZOH (2010) Enhancing Electoral Processes, Using Information Technology, (IT) Journal of Institute of Mathematics & Computer Sciences (Computer science Ser.) Vol. 21, No. 2 ( 2010) 305-313
- Orji C.E. and Uzoh O.F. The Promise of Automated Forex Trading International Journal of Pure and Applied Science, Vol. 3, Number 2 2010
- * O.F.Uzoh, *T.M. Onwugbolu, **O.C. Okeke. ( 2012) *Department of Computer Science, **Department of Geosciences Information technology (IT) Vision of the future. Journal of Science Federal University of Technology Owerri
- O.F. UZOH (2012) Sustaining Concurrency in Modern Database Architecture for GSM Networks, Federal University of Technology Owerri
- O.F. UZOH (2002) Performance Indices of Stack Based Machines Over Register Based Machines. Inter-world Journal of Science and Technology.
- O.C OKEKE and O.F. UZOH (2008) Towards Achieving Sustainable Water Resources Management in Nigeria O.C. OKEKE and O.F.UZOH (2000) Appraisal of Water Resources Management in Nigeria Journal of Nigerian Association Of Hydrogeologists (NAH) c/o Department of geology University of Ilorin, Ilorin Kwara State.
- O.F. UZOH (2000) Information Technology (IT) Benin Journal of Advances in Computer Science Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science University of Benin, Benin City Nigeria.
- O.F. UZOH (1997) Consultancy report For the Installation of Computer Facilities For FEAP/FSP Programme Imo State commission of women affairs
- O.F. UZOH (1998) Technical/ Consultancy Report for PIU Network plan of Computer Systems. Local Area Network (LAN) Ten (10) Computer Systems. Imo State Ministry of Works & Housing (Project Implementation Unit (PIU) Owerri.