Senior Lecturer, Computer Science Department
Dr Juliet N. Odii
Juliet Nnenna Odii holds B.Tech., MSc. and PhD degrees in Computer Science. An erudite scholar who upon graduation joined services of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) as a graduate assistant and currently rose to the rank of Senior Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science. She is an ardent researcher with a keen interest in Software Engineering and Data Communications. Dr. (Mrs.) Odii, as she is fondly called, is widely published with over 33 journal articles and 20 conference papers to her credit. She is married to Professor Marshall A.C.A. Odii and the marriage is blessed with children.
PROFESSIONAL/ACADEMIC AWARDS AND HONOURS
- Federal Government Scholarship Award for MSc Programme 2002
- FUTO Study Fellowship Award for MSc. Programme 2002
- FUTO Study Fellowship Award For PhD programme 2010.
- Federal Government Grant to cover Tuition for M.Sc. Programme 2002
- Federal University of Technology Owerri Research Grant for Embedded Robot Control System: Complex Instruction Set and Robotics (2014)
- CSC 201: Introduction to computer and Applications I
- CSC 301: Introduction to Computer systems
- CSC 409: Computer and Society
- CSC 302: Introduction to Operating Systems II
- CSC 202: Introduction to Computer and Applications II
- CSC 305: Introduction to Data Structures and Algorithms
- CSC 304: Introduction to File Processing
- CSC 306: Introduction to Computer Architecture
- CSC 405: Computer Hardware Systems
- CSC 507: Data Communication
- PD/CSC 609: Digital Systems Design
- PD/CSC 608:Computer Architecture & Operating System
- PD/CSC 709: Digital systems Design II
- PD/CSC708: Computer Architecture & Operating System
- CSC 805: Operating Systems Design
- SCI 802: ICT and Research Methodology
- CSC 714: Computer Networks and Communication Protocols
- CSC814: Advanced Computer Networks
- CSC 501: Software Engineering
- CSC 519: Topics in Information Technology
Software Engineering and Data communications.
Specialization: Software Engineering and Data Communications
- Odii M.A.C.A and J.N Odii (2008) Corporate Social Responsibilities as Strategy for Infrastructural Development in Nigeria Journal of Business Edge CSR Fresh Concepts.
- J.N. Odii and J.C. Onuoha (2012): A Review of Number Portability in Global System for Mobile. African Journal of Computing & ICT: IEEE Vol 5. No. 3. May 2012. ISSN: 2006-1781, pp. 15-22. www.ajocict.net
- J.C. Onuoha and J.N. Odii (2012): Improving the Efficiency of Elevator System Using Fuzzy Logic. (Computing, Information Systems & Development Informatics Journal (CISDI). An International Journal Publication of the African Institute of Development Informatics & Policy in collaboration with The Creative Research & Technology Evaluation Networks Volume 3 No 4. Sept. 2012.
- Akanji, A.W, Elusoji, A.A, Odiketa J.C., Odii J.N. and Oladosu, O.A (2013): The construction of a Web-based Learning Portfolio System through Learning Style Aware Adaptive Systems. International Journal of Recent Advances in Engineering & Technology (IJRAET), Vol. 1, issue 1, October 2013. ISSN (online): 2347-2812. pp 94-100.
- Elusoji, A.A., Akanji, A.W., Odiketa J.C., Nwokorie E.C., Odii J.N. (2013): An Academic Approaches and Attitudes towards CAA in Higher Education. International Journal of Recent Advances in Engineering & Technology (IJRAET), Vol. 1, issue 1, October 2013. ISSN (online): 2347-2812. pp 59-62.
- J. C Odirichukwu and J.N. Odii ( 2014): Bank Queuing System in Nigeria (Computing, Information Systems & Development Informatics Journal CISDI) An International Journal Publication of the African Institute of Development Informatics & Policy in collaboration with The Creative Research & Technology Evaluation Networks Volume 4 No 5. March 2014.
- Odii Juliet N., Odirichukwu J.C, Nwokorie E. C and Ejimogu Esther O. (2014): Web-Based Pre-Marital Counseling System For Sustainable Gender Compatibility. International Journal of Gender and Development Issues, Volume 1, No.3, November 2014. ISSN23608528, PP 1-7.
- Okpalla C.L, Odii J. N, Inyiama H.C, Okide S.O and Chukwuneke C.I ( 2015): “The Role of Information and Communication Technology in Healthcare Management for Efficient Healthcare Delivery in Nigeria”. International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT), March 2015, volume 21, Number 3, pp 160-162. ISSN 2231-2803. http://www.ijcttjournal.org
- Odii J.N., Ejiofor V.E. and Osuagwu O.E (2015): A Predictive Model for Evaluating Mobile Number Portability in Nigeria. International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT). Volume 29, no.3, November 2015, pp 142-149. ISSN 2231-2803. http://www.ijcttjournal.org
- Okpalla, C.L, Odii, Juliet N., Chukwu, N.C., Ezenwanne, E.C.(2016): Android Based Computer Aided Learning System for Improved Education in Nigeria. African Journal of Education Science and Technology (AJEST), volume 3, NO. 2, April 2016. Pg 49- 55 ISSN: 2309-9240: http://www.africanjest.com
- Odii J.N., Osuagwu O.E. and Ejiofor V.E. (2016): An Empirical Analysis of Factors Inhibiting the Expansion of Mobile Number Portability in Nigeria. African Journal of Education, Science and Technology (AJEST), Volume 3, No. 1, January 2016. Pg. 110 – 115. ISSN: 2309-9240: http://www.africanjest.com
- Odii, Juliet N, Ejiofor V.E, Okpalla C.L. (2016): The Analysis of the Impact of Mobile Number Portability in Nigeria. International Journal for Research in Computer Science, Vol 2, Issue 2, Paper 5, pp 30-40. February 2016. http://internationaljournalforresearch.com/
- Odii Juliet N, Chijioke Amaka I. and Okpalla C. L. (2015): Drug Information Management System for Sustainable Child and Maternal Health. International Journal of Gender and Development Issues, Volume1 no.5, November 2015, pp 186-192. ISSN: 2360-8528.
- Nwokorie E.C, Odiari A.U, Odii J.N, Opara F.C. and Onukwugha C.(2015): An Expert System for early detection
and Treatment of Learning Disabilities. International Journal of Gender and Development Issues, Volume II no.5, November 2015, Pp182-197. ISSN 2360-8528.
- Ejem A, Njoku, C.N, Uzoh O.F., and Odii J.N. ( 2016): Queue Control Model in a Clustered Computer Network Using M/M/m Approach. International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) April 2016, volume 35, No 1, pp 12-20 ISSN: 2231-2803 http://www.ijcttjournal.org/archives/volume35
- J. C. Ogbonna, C. E. Nwokorie, J. N. Odii, C. C. Ukaegbu (2016): Real-Time Public Vehicle Mobile Tracking System Using Global Positioning System Technology. International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) volume 38, No.2, August 2016, pp 71-80. ISSN: 2231-2803. http://www.ijcttjournal.org/archives/ijctt-v38p114
- J.N. Odii, M.O. Onyesolu and C.G Onukwugha (2016): A Hybrid Call Routing Framework for Mobile Number Portability in Nigeria. International Research Journal of Computer Science (IRJCS), Volume 3, Issue 09, September 2016. ISSN: 2393-9842 http://www.irjcs.com
- Akeredolu G.R, Elusoji, A.A., Odii J.N., Akanji A.W., and Aiyegbusi A.E. (2016): An Overview of Security
Issues Relating to the Internet of Things. Computing Information Systems, Development Informatics & Allied Research Journal. Vol. 7, No. 3, September 2016, pp 63-70. www.cisdijournal.net
- Odii J. N, Onwuama T.U, Okpalla C.L and Ejem A. (2016): Job Scheduling System Using Fuzzy Logic Approach International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT), vol 42 No.2, December 2016, pp 77-85 ISSN: 2231-2803. http://www.ijcttjournal.org/archives/ijctt-vol42p113
- Nwokorie, E. C., Odii J.N, Opara F.C, Njoku, S.O. and Ugwu, C.M. (2016): A Hybrid Approach to Baby Sex Prediction Using Cervical Mucus, Basal Body Temperature and Luteinizing Hormone. International Journal of Gender and Development Issues, Volume I no.7, November 2016, P116. ISSN 2360-8528.
- J.N Odii, T.U. Onwuama and F.O. Adibe (2016): An Integrated Project Evaluation system. International Research Journal of Computer Science (IRJCS), volume3, issue 07, July 2016. ISSN: 2393-9842. Pg. 7-13; http://www.irjcs.com
- Odirichukwu J.C., Odii J. N, Adibe F.O., Okpalla C.L., and OnwuamaT. U. (2017): Combating Social Engineering Threats in Information Technology as a National Security Strategy. Journal of
Digital Innovations and Contemporary Research in Science, Engineering & Technology, volume 5, no. 1, March 2017.
- Akeredolu, G.R, Elusoji A.A, Odii J.N., Akanji A.W, and Aiyegbusi A.E. (2016): Architecture Education and the Approach of Learning via Digital Gaming. Advances in Multidisciplinary Research Journal, vol 2, No.3 September 2016, Pp 233-244.
- Agbaeze, E., Elvis E, Juliet N. Odii and Stanley O. Diala (2017): Application of Multimedia Platforms for Improving Child Education in Nigeria. Accepted for publication in Management Science and Information Technology Journal of Science Publishing Group, USA, June 2017. www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/msit.
- Odii J. N., Nwokoma, F.O., Onwuama T.U. and Ejem A. (2017): The Technologies of Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Based Telephony System. Accepted for publication in International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT), July 2017, ISSN: 2231-2803. http://www.ijcttjournal.org/archives/ijctt
- Odii J. N., Nwokoma, F.O. Onwuama T.U., Eke J.I. (2017): Network Congestion Control System Using Frame Relay Technology. Published in the International Research Journal of Computer Science (IRJCS), vol 4, issue 07, July 2017. ISSN: 2393-9842 www.irjcs.com
- Okpalla C.L., Okonkwo O.R. Nwokorie E.C. Odii J.N. (2015): Impact of 3.5G Enabled Mobile Phones on Rural and Youth Development. Accepted for publication in Journal of Arts, Social Science and Technology.
- Onwuama T.U., Asagba P.O. and J.N. Odii (2015: Application of Role-based Technology in Database Intrusion Detection. Accepted for publication in Journal of Arts, Social Science and Technology.
- Adibe, F.O, Nwokorie, E.C and Odii, J.N (2015): Chabot Technology and Human Deception. Accepted for publication in Journal of Arts, Social Science and Technology.