Assistant Lecturer, Computer Science Department
Dr Mrs Chinwe G. Onukwugha
Chinwe Gilean Onukwugha started her teaching career as a teacher in a private secondary school, Fibella International School, Federal Housing Estate, Port Harcourt in the year 2004. While still teaching in secondary school, I bagged M.Sc. in Computer Science and proceeded with a PhD programme in the same field. I started lecturing in Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo in 2013 and completed my PhD programme while still there in 2014. I joined the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) in 2017. My achievement is not limited to class teaching; I actively engage in other activities such as students’ project supervision, research and journal publication, attending and presenting papers in conferences, community service.
Qualifications: B.Sc., M.Sc., PGDE, PhD
PROFESSIONAL/ACADEMIC AWARDS AND HONOURS
- Award of Excellence by National Association of Computer Science Students (NACOSS), Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo on 12th August 2015.
- Award of Excellence by National Association of Campus Journalists (NACJ) Imo State Polytechnic Chapter as the best HOD (2015/2016 session) on 12th JULY, 2016.
- Merit Award by National Association of South East Students (NASES) as the best HOD in IMOPOLY 2016 on 28th July 2016.
- Award of Excellence by Nigerian Association of Computer Science Students (NACOSS) as the best HOD in IMOPOLY Umagwo on 12th August 2017.
- Excellent Leadership Award by the Nigerian Association of Computer Science Students (NACOSS) FUTO on 11TH August 2018.
Professional Membership: MCPN, MNCS, MIEEE, MWIITSON
- Computer Networks
- Data Processing Management
- Introduction to Computer Organization
- Management Information System Design
- Introduction to File Processing
- Advanced Computer Networks Design
- Net-Centric Computing and Data Security
- Computer and Application 1
- Computer Programming 11
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Networks
Pervasive Networking, Big Data Analytics
Specialization: Pervasive Computing, DBM
- Onukwugha C. G. and Osuagwu O. E. (2012). Critical Analysis of Mobile Devices Based End-User Programming of Smart Spaces. Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences. http://cisjournal.org/journalofcomputing
- Onukwugha G. and Asagba P.O. (2013). Using Embedded Technology in End-User Programming of Smart Spaces With Mobile Devices. Computing Journal Information Systems Development Informatics &Allied research Journal Vol.5, No.1, Pp.59-68.
- Onukwugha G. and Asagba P.O. (2013). Remote Control of Home Appliances Using Mobile Phone: A polymorphous System. African Journal of Computing & ICTs Vol.6, No.5, Pp 81-90.
- Onukwugha G. and Asagba P.O. (2014). Designing Embedded System for Handheld Mobile Cell Phones for Efficient Remote Control of Household Electronic Devices. Journal of Research in Physical Sciences, International Research and Development Institute, Volume 10, Number 1, 2014, ISSN: 1597-7994.
- Ndum V.E. and Onukwugha C. G. (2013). Overview of Policy and Practice of Guidance and Counseling in Nigeria and the United States of America (USA): Role of Computer Technology. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, Vol. 2, Issue 4, Pp. 42-50, ijhssi.org
- Elusoji A. A., Haastrup A. V., Onukwugha C. G. and Odiketa J. C. (2014). An Automatic Management of Ubiquitous Systems for E-Health: Securing Body Sensor Network. African Journal of Computing & ICTs 7, No.4, Pp 131-138. Available: www.ajocict.net
- Odii J. N., Onyesolu M.O. and Onukwugha C.G. (2016). A Hybrid Call Routing Framework for Mobile Number Portability in Nigeria. International Research Journal of Computer Science,vol.3, Issue 09, September2016, Pp 9-17, irjcs.com
- Imeh Umoren, Onukwugha Chinwe & Yakise Eyo (2017). Sensitivity Analysis of Communication Protocols in Computer Network Nodes. Computing, Information Systems, Development Informatics & Allied Research Journal Vol. 8 No. 3, September 2017 – cisdijournal.net
- Amanze, B. C. & Onukwugha, C. G. (2017). Loan Fraud Detection System for Banking Industries in Nigeria Using Data Mining and Intelligent Agents: The Way Forward. International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology, Basic and Applied Sciences. ISSN Print: 2465-7301/Online: 2467-8171 Vol. 4, No. 1 September 2017.
- Onwuama T.U., Odii J.N., Onukwugha C. G., Nwokoma F. O. (2018). Mobile Phone Cloning – A Conceptual Review. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJSIS), Vol. 16, No. 8, August 2018.