Senior Lecturer, Computer Science Department
Dr Mrs Chioma E. Nwokorie
Dr. (Lady) Euphemia Chioma Nwokorie is a top-flight scholar. She graduated with first-class honours in Computer Science from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. At the University of Port-Harcourt, she had her Master’s Degree in Computer Science. She finally got her Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Computer Science from the same University. She is indeed a guru in Computer Science, widely travelled and has published many articles in local and international journals. She is a member of the Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria (CPN), Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), Institute of Electrical Electronic Engineers (IEEE), Organization of Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) and Nigerian Women in Information Technology (NIWIIT). She is the Chief Technical Adviser in Imo State on Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations. Presently she is the Acting Head of Department of Computer Science, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. She is happily married and blessed with five lovely children.
PROFESSIONAL/ACADEMIC AWARDS AND HONOURS:
- Best Student Award in Computer Science(1986)
- Ex-gratia award for personnel, payroll and Result software development (1988)
- Life Membership Award – Nigeria Computer Society.
- Good leadership Award – APSS, NACOSS
- Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) – Life member
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)-Computer & Society
- Computer Professional Registration Council of Nigeria (CPN)
- Nigerian Women in Information Technology (NIWIIT)
- Organization of Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD)
Software Engineering, System Modeling and simulation, Compiler Construction, Automata and Formal Systems, Data mining and Big Data Analytics, Computer Graphics, Computer Programming, Computer and Applications, Computer Networks and Data Communication, Enterprise Software Development, Big Data and Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality, Smart Computing
Data mining and Big Data Analytics, Software Development, Modeling and Virtual environments, Computer systems security.
- Njoku O. D., Nwokorie E. C., Amaefule A. I., (2018), Simulation of State Variables Compensator for Linearized Mechanical System, International Journal of Research, Volume 05 Issue 20, https://pen2print.org/index.php/ijr/
- Ejem A, Nwokorie, E. C., Njoku D., Odii, J. N., Adibe, F. (2017), A Survey on Plausible Approaches to mitigate Security Challenge in Cloud Computing, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, vol. 5, Issue 8, www.ijircce.com
- Eberendu, A.C., Omaiye, B. O. Nwokorie, E.C.,(2017), Using Android application to turn the smart device into a digital microscope on Arduino and window platform, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/mostRecentIssue.jsp?punumber=8271971
- C. Ogbonna, C.E. Nwokorie, J.N. Odii, C.C. Ukaegbu, (2016), “Real-Time Public Vehicle Mobile Tracking System Using Global Positioning System Technology”. International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) V38(2):71-80, August 2016. ISSN: 2231-2803. www.ijcttjournal.org. link: http://www.ijcttjournal.org/archives/ijctt-v38p114, Published by Seventh Sense Research Group
- Njoku D.E., Nwokorie, C.E., Madu F. U., (2016), “An enhanced Query Processing Algorithm for a Distributed Database System”, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Vol. 7, Issue 10, October-2016, www.ijser.org
- Odirichukwu J.C, Nwokorie E.C., Asimole I. G., Daenwe T. L, (2015), Online Students’ Project Archive with Integration of Document Clustering and Annotation, AIMS Research Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2., pp
- Dike, D.O., Nwokorie, E.C., Obiora, A.U. and Dike, B.C,(2015), Minimizing Household Electricity theft in Nigeria using GSM Based Prepaid Meter, American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER), Vol. 4, Issue-1, pp 59-69, e-ISSN: 2320-0847 p-ISSN: 2320-0936, www.ajer.org
- Nwokorie, E.C., Elusoji, A. A., (2013), A Review approach of power grid analysis in VLSI designs, International Journal of Advanced Computational Engineering & Networking (IJACEN), 1 Issue 6, pp 10-1
- Nwokorie, E. C., Odii, j. N., Opara, F. C., Njoku, S. O. and Ugwu, C. M., (2016), A Hybrid Approach to Baby Sex Prediction using Cervical Mucus, Basal Body Temperature and Luteinizing Hormone, International Journal of Gender and Development Issues, Volume 1, No.7, Nov. 2016. ISSN 23608528, PP 116 – 126.
- Okpalla, C.L., Okonkwo, O.R., Nwokorie, E.C., Odii, J.N., (2016), Impact of 3.5G Enabled Mobile Phones on Rural and Youth Development, Review of Art and Social Sciences; Quarterly journal of Inter-University Friendship Association with Contributions from Science and Technology. Volume V, No.5 January-June 2016, ISSN 1119-961 X.
- Adibe, F.O, Nwokorie, E.C and Odii, J.N., (2016), Chatbot Technology and Human Deception, Review of Art and Social Sciences; Quarterly journal of Inter-University Friendship Association with Contributions from Science and Technology. Volume V, No.5 January-June 2016, ISSN 1119-961 X.
- Nwokorie, E.C., Odiari, A.U., Odii, J.N., Opara, F.C., (2015), An Expert system for early detection and treatment of Learning Disabilities, International Journal of Gender and Development Issues, Volume II, No.5, Nov. 2015. ISSN 23608528, PP 182 – 197
- Odii, J. N., Odirichukwu, J. C., Nwokorie, E. C. and Ejimogu E. O., (2014), Web-Based Pre Marital Counseling System for Sustainable Gender Compatibility, International Journal of Gender and Development Issues, Volume 1, No.3, Nov. 2014. ISSN 23608528, PP 1-7.
- Nwachukwu, E.O. and Nwokorie E.C, (2006), “On Network system Security’’, Scientia Africana, Vol.5 (No. 1), pp 66.
- Nwachukwu, E.O. and Nwokorie, E.C., (2003), Choosing an AI Language for Scientific and Information Technology Applications. The physical Scientist, volume 2, No. 1, 2003, pp 21.
- Nwokorie E.C. and Nwachukwu E.O, (2002), Algorithms for Hill climbing search techniques, journal of National and Applied Science, Volume 3 No 1, September 2002, pp 31.
- Oleji, C.P., Nwokorie, E.C., Onuodu, F.E., Obinna, O.D. (2016), Clustering mixed dataset with Multi-Swarm Optimization and K-prototype Algorithm,http://www.ncs.org.ng/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/NCS-Conference-2016-Proceedings-Information-Technology-for-National-Safety-Security.pdf
- Odii, J. N., Nwokorie, E. C. and Onukwugha, C. (2015), Job Recruitment Model for Sustainable National Development, 4th International Conference on Gender and the Millennium Development Goals [MDGS] Beyond 2015.