Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, Tennessee, USA 2008.
- M. Sc. Electrical Engineering (Power System Option), FUT Owerri, 2002.
- B. Eng, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, FUT Owerri, 1995.
- Deputy Managing Director, FUTO Consult Ltd (2010 – 2011).
- Lecturer I, EEE Department, FUTO ( 09/2007 – 09/2011).
- Senior Electrical Engineer – Systems Design, Cummins Inc Power Generation Unit, Fridley, MN 55432, USA (Sept. 2008 – Sept 2010).
- Research Assistant, Center for Energy Systems Research, Tennessee Technical University, Cookeville, (August 2005 – August 2008).
- D. O. Dike and S. M. Mahajan, “Voltage Stability Index-based Reactive Power Compensation Scheme,” accepted for publication in the proceedings of IASTED International Conference on Power and Energy Systems, Sept.3, 2012, in Gaborone, Botswana.
- Iheaturu, N.C, Rauhe, J.C., Costa, F.M., Madufor, I. C., Ugochukwu, C. N and Dike, D. O., “Raw materials Development for Renewable Energy Supply in Nigeria: A case for the utilization of spent oil base drilling mud (SOBM) filler in Wind Turbine Blades,”. Applied Signals Reports, Vol. 1, Issue 3, May 2011.
- Iheaturu, N.C., Ryszard, P., Madufor, I.C., Rauhe, J.C., Sadiku, R.E. and Dike, D. O., “Polymer Process Technologies for Wind Turbines: Prospects for Energy Efficiency and Improved Energy Generation in Nigeria,” AppliedSignals Reports, Vol. 1, Issue 4, October 2011, p.1-22.
- Dike, V. N, Chineke, T.C., Dike, D. O. and Akujor, C.E. “Synthesis of wind and solar energy options: A viable way of boosting energy generation in Nigeria, “International Conference on Renewable and Alternative Energy (FUTO Alternative Energy 2011), August 7 – 11, 2011.
- C. O. Ahiakwor, U. C. Chukwu and D. O. Dike, “Optimal Transmission Line Pricing Algorithm for an Emerging Restructured Power Utility,” published in the Proceedings of IEEE Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, April 21-24, 2008, Chicago IL, USA.
- D. O. Dike and S. M. Mahajan, “L-index Modulated Voltage Source Converter,” published in the International Journal of Emerging Electric Power System, Berkeley Electronic Press, Berkeley, CA 94705, USA (October 2008).
- D. O. Dike and S. M. Mahajan, “Utilization of L-index in Microgrid Interconnected Power System Network,” published in the Proceedings of Power Engineering Society General Meeting, July 20-24, 2008, Pittsburg, PA, USA.
- D. O. Dike, S. M. Mahajan and G. Radman, “Development of a Versatile Voltage Stability Index Algorithm,” published in the Proceedings of IEEE Electrical Power Conference 2007, Montreal QC, Canada, October 24-26, 2007.
- D. O. Dike and O. B. Obah, “Remodeling of West African power pool to include HVDC links for improved performance”, IREJEST, Nigeria, 2004.
- O. D. Momoh and D. O. Dike, “Dynamic and Steady-State Analysis of Boost Rectifier Supplying Voltage Sensitive Load”, published in the Proceedings of the 38th SSST/IEEE Conference, Macon Georgia, March 4 – 6, 2007, pp. 42-46.
- D.O. Dike and O. D. Momoh, “An Integrated AC/DC Super-grid System – A Mechanism to solving the North American Electrical Power Crisis”, published in the Proceedings of the 38th SSST/IEEE Conference, Macon Georgia, March 4 – 6, 2007, pp. 204-208.