Engr. Dr Okechukwu Samuel Okozi
B.Eng., M.Eng. PhD
Samuel Okechukwu Okozi was born in Ekwegbe community, Igbo-Etiti L.G.A of Enugu State in 12th Nov; 1979. He attended both primary and secondary schools in Central School and Community High School both in Ekwegbe respectively. He obtained OND (Upper Credit) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from Federal Polytechnic Idah, Kogi State in 1998. He graduated from the Federal University of Technology Owerri with 21 in 2003 majoring in Power System Engineering. He obtained M.Eng and PhD (Power Systems) from the University of Nigeria Nsukka. Samuel worked as a Distribution System Operator (DSO) with the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, Enugu Distribution Zone for seven years. He is married with Children. His research interest is Power System Control and Renewable Energy.
- OND (1998) Fed. Poly Idah,
- B.Eng (2003) FUTO,
- M.Eng (2009) UNN,
- PhD (2018) UNN.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- NSE, COREN Registered
- EEE 301
- EEE 306
- PSE 312
- PSE 413
- PSE 506
- Distribution System Operator (DSO), Power Holding Company of Nigeria, Enugu Distribution Zone (2004-2011)
- Power System Control, Renewable Energy
- S.O Okozi, T.C Madueme and S.N Ndubisi, “A Fuzzy Logic based Automatic Voltage Regulator for Alternator terminal voltage and reactive power control’’, International Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, vol.1, pp. 63-71, 2009.
- O.O Obiukwu and S.O Okozi, ‘’Potential of Coal-fired power plant in Nigeria’’, ES4PG-2013, International Conference on Energy, UNN 2013, pp. 208-216, July 21-23. 2013.
- O.J Onojo, G.C Ononiwu and S.O Okozi, ‘’Analysis of Power flow of Nigerian 330kV Grid system (Pre and Post) using MATLAB’’, European Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, vol. 1, issue 2, pp. 59-68, 2013.
- S.O Okozi, J.C Onyeuche and C.C Omeje ‘’Challenge facing wind Energy in Nigeria’’, European Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1-7, 2014.
- S.O Okozi, V.C Madueme and M.A Ndubisi, ‘’Solutions to non-linearities in Load Frequency Control using Fuzzy Logic’’, Nigerian Journal of Technology (NIJOTECH), vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 593-597, 2016.
- O.J Onojo, K. Inyama, G.C Ononiwu and S.O Okozi, ‘’Contingency Assessment of Generators in the 330kV Grid and major factors Affecting Electricity Generation in Nigeria’’, International Journal of Engineering Research and Management, vol.3, issue 9, pp. 20-24, 2016.
- Obute K.C, Agu V.N, Anazia E.A, Okozi S.O and Anih L.U, ‘’Starting Steady-state Modelling and Simulation Studies of Single-Phase Transfer-Field Reluctance Motor, Operating in the Asynchronous Mode’’ International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, vol. 7, issue 1, pp. 182-189, 2017.
- S.O Okozi, F.C Paullinus-Nwammuo, E.O Ezugwu and M.A Ndubisi, ‘’Energy crisis in Nigeria-The way forward’’, International Journal of Engineering Research and Management, vol.4, issue 5, pp. 4-7, 2017.
- S. O. Okozi, P.C Chukwudi, K.C Obute and M. Olubiwe, “Reliability assessment of Nigerian Power Systems case study of 330kv Transmission lines in Benin sub-region”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Vol. 7 Issue 03, pp 399-405, 2018.
- A. E Jonathan, M. Olubiwe, S. O. Okozi and C.K. Agubor, “Exhaust Temperature Control of Heavy Duty Gas Turbine Due to Incremental Load Demand”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, vol. 7, issue 07, July 2018.
- C.O. OMEJE, S.O. OKOZI, E.O. EZUGWU, “Experimental Design of a Bidirectional Single Phasing Protection for a Three Phase Induction Motor with Voice Notification”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research Vol. 10, Issue 3, PP 342-351, March-2019.
- C.K Agubor, I.O Akwukwaegbu, M. Olubiwe, C.O Nosiri, E.E Atimati, A.O Akande, S.O Okozi, L. Ezema and B.C Okeke, “A Comprehensive Review on the Feasibility and Challenges of Millimeter Wave in Emerging 5G Communication”, Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal, Vol. 4, No. 3, PP. 138-144, 2019.
- Chimezirim O. A, Lazarus O.U, Olubiwe M and Okozi S.O, “Design of Fuzzi-Pid Tracking Controller for Industrial Conveyor System”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278-0181, pp 263-270, March 2019.
- E.O Ezugwu, D.O Dike, S.O Okozi and C.F Paullinus-Nwammuo, “Design of Power Pool Scheme for Demand-Side Management of Co-Located Banks”, American Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, ISSN: 2326-912X, 2019.
- S.O Okozi, G.C Ogbonna, M. Olubiwe and E.O Ezugwu, “Solution to the economic dispatch problem of the Nigerian power system using genetic algorithm”, Nigerian Journal of Technology (NIJOTECH), Vol. 38, pp. 1036-1047, October 2019.