B. Eng., M. Eng., PhD
Engr. Dr. Fabian Izundu Izuegbunam had his undergraduate studies at Federal University of Technology, Minna where he obtained Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) in Electrical and Computer Engineering in 1995. He worked with Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited, QIT, Eket while on NYSC Programme between 1995 and 1996; and as a Contract Electrical Engineer from 1996-1998. He joined FUTO as a Research Assistant in 1999 and obtained Master’s Degree in Power System Engineering (M.Eng) from Federal University of Technology, Owerri in 2002. His PhD Research was on ‘Transient Stability Analysis of Nigeria Power System; Multimachine Approach’ which he completed in 2011 at Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
He is currently the Acting Head of Department, Mechatronics Engineering Department FUTO. He is a member of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and also a member of Power and Energy Society (PES) an affiliate of IEEE. He is a member of Editorial Board, Nigeria Journal of Technology (NIJOTECH) and has also received an award of Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing in 2017 from Current Journal of Applied Science and Technology.
- PhD (Power System Engineering): Federal University of Technology, Owerri, 2011.
- Eng (Power System Engineering): Federal University of Technology, Owerri, 2002.
- Eng (Electrical & Computer Engineering): Federal University of Technology, Minna, 1995.
Courses Assigned to Teach
- F. I. Izuegbunam and Gloria A. Chukwudebe (2008), ‘Strategies for the Improvement of Power Supply from a metropolitan Sub-station’, Inter. Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, Vol. 4(1), pp 81-85.
- E. N. C. Okafor, F. I. Izuegbunam and G. N. Ezeh (2009), ‘Power Generation with Hydroxyl gas-fueled System’, The Heartland Engineer, Vol. 4(1), pp 78-86.
- F. I. Izuegbunam, O. S. Nduka, H. O. Nwaichi and K. I. Oguanya (2010), ‘Simulation of Synchronous Generator Load Angle measurement for a machine to Infinite Bus System using Simpowersystems tool’, International Journal of Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp 585-594
Research Gate Profile URL:
Google Scholar Page URL: