Chikwe Anthony Ogbaegbe
B.Eng., MSc. PhD
Phone Number: +2348037831063
Born on February 2, 1961. He attended National High School, Aba. Thereafter proceeded to Moscow Institute of Oil and Gas (presently University of Oil and Gas), Moscow from where he obtained Msc/Bsc. Degree in Petrochemical Engineering (Courtesy of FGN). Bagged Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Studies in Academic practice in UK (Courtesy of PTDF). Currently a Lecturer and a PhD degree holder in Petroleum Engineering Department, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. He is also a Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA), UK. He has worked in the oil and gas industry where he acquired experience in process engineering, surface production operations, reservoir engineering and formation evaluation studies.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Studies in Academic Practice, UK.
- PhD (FUTO)
Recipient of Federal Government Scholarship Award for Bachelors and Masters degree at Moscow Institute of OIL AND GAS, Moscow., Beneficiary of Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) for Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Studies in Academic Practice at New Castle University, UK and Beneficiary of FUTO Study Fellowship for a PhD Programme in Petroleum Engineering.
WORKSHOP & CONFERENCES:
He has attended workshops and conferences over the years.
TEACHING & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Academic Class Adviser, Project Coordinator, Examination Officer, SIWES Coordinator, Teaching and project supervision in petroleum engineering courses. University Lecturers skills enhancement training programme (ULSETP) at Newcastle University, UK, 2010.
- Lecturer, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, 1999 till date.
- Consultant, Core Laboratories Petroleum Services, Port-Harcourt, Nigeria, in reservoir engineering and formation evaluation studies 2001-2007.
- Categ Systems Nigeria Limited, Port-Harcourt Nigeria, in instrument calibrations and marketing, 1994-1999
- Supervisor, Core Laboratories Petroleum Services, Port-Harcourt, Nigeria, 1990-1994.
- Engineer, Japanese Gasoline Corporation (JGC), New PH refinery, Nigeria in process engineering and plant test runs 1988-1989.
- NYSC, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Kaduna in process engineering 1986-1987.
Production, Reservoir and Gas Engineering.
PUBLICATION: He has eleven published papers in reputable international journals to his name and many other papers awaiting publication. Published papers include the following
- Chikwe, A.O., Chukwuemeka, M.C., David, C.O. and Onele, A.C. Analysis of diethylene glycol and decyl amine as demulsifiers for treatment of water-in-oil emulsions: A case study of the Niger Delta, Nigeria. International journal of innovative research & development(IJIRD), August 2019 vol 8, issue 8, pp 215-222.
- Chikwe, A.O., Amajuonyi, P., Azubuike, P.C., Omaka, C.C. and Enyioko, D.N. Formulation of demulsifying agent for water-in-oil emulsion treatment on a sample from the Niger Delta, Nigeria. International journal of innovative research & development(IJIRD), August 2019 vol 8, issue 8, pp 207-214.
- Chikwe, A.O., Ajugwe, U.J., Nwagbo, C.A., and Onuh, C.H. Development of environmentally friendly oil-based mud using Almond oil, castor oil and groundnut oil. American Journal of engineering research (AJER), 2019 vol 8, issue 12, pp 88-98.
- Chikwe A.O., Agwazie, F.N., Ibezim, S.C. and Enyioko, D.N. Comparative analysis of polyethene glycol and triethanolamine as demulsifying agents for separation of a water-in-oil emulsion. International Journal of scientific and engineering research (IJSER), vol 10, issue11, Nov. 2019, pp 368-375.
- Ariche, P.O., Onwukwe, S.I., Duru, I.U. and Chikwe, A.O. Optimizing liquid recovery from a gas condensate reservoir operating below the dew point. European Journal of advances in engineering and technology(EJAET) 2019 vol 6, issue10, pp 21-35.
- Chikwe, A.O., Okeke, N.C., and Ogbuagu, E.C. A comparative analysis of decyl amine and phenol in water-in-oil emulsion demulsification process. American Journal of engineering research (AJER), 2019 vol 8, issue 12, pp 27-35.
- Chikwe, A.O., Obasie C., Onwukwe, S.I and Agwazie, F.N. Prediction of dew point pressure for gas condensate reservoir using artificial Neural Network in the Niger Delta. American Journal of engineering research (AJER), 2019 vol 8, issue 12, pp16-26.
- Chikwe, A.O. Use of Analytical hierarchy Process (AHP) to compare transportation modes of Gas-to-liquid (GTL) products from the Niger Delta region of Nigeria to Overseas. World Journal of Innovative research (WJIR), vol 8 issue 2, Feb. 2020, pp 65-74.
- C Onyemachi, S.I. Onwukwe, U.I. Duru, A.O. Chikwe and N.Uwaezuoke. Enhancing oil recovery through nanofluids flooding with Irvingia gabonensis in the Niger Delta. Journal of petroleum exploration and production technology, 17 July 2020.
- Odo, J.E., Chikwe, A., Onyejekwe, I., Oguamah, I., Okoli, N., and Ofoegbu, C.D. Metallic oxides nanoparticles: The new frontier in enhanced oil recovery (EOR). American Journal of Applied Scientific research (AJASR). July 17, 2020 vol 6, issue 3, pp 61-66.
- C Nwanwe, U.I. Duru, O.I. Nwanwe, A.O. Chikwe, K.T. Ojiabo and C.T. Umeojiakor. Optimum tubing size prediction model for vertical multiphase flow during the flow production period of oil wells. Journal of petroleum exploration and production technology, 4 August 2020.