Engr. Dr Nkemakolam Chinedu Izuwa joined the service of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri in 2002 as a Graduate Assistant. He is currently a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Petroleum Engineering. He is actively involved in teaching and research in Petroleum and Gas Engineering. Dr Izuwa has contributed to the development of academics in FUTO and oil and gas industry through research carried out in the following areas: reservoir characterization, enhanced oil and gas production (gas condensate reservoirs), prediction and resolution of liquid loading in gas wells, development of local viscosifiers for optimal drilling efficiency and natural gas management.
He has produced 26 scientific papers in archival journals and 3 papers in conference proceedings. He has supervised five master student projects and about one hundred and ten undergraduate projects. He is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (IMSPE), a fellow of The High Education Academy (FHEA) and duly registered by the Council for the Regulation of Engineers in Nigeria (COREN). Dr Izuwa holds a Bachelor Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Master Degree in Natural Gas Engineering (Reservoir Engineering option) and Doctoral degree in Petroleum Engineering (reservoir engineering option). He also has a certificate in Advanced Studies in Academic Practice from Newcastle University, Upon Tyne, UK. He participated in the MIT train the trainer program in 2017, USA. He trained in curriculum development and effective teaching methodology. He is happily married and blessed with children.
- PhD in Petroleum Engineering, 2015 (F.U.T.O)
- M.Eng. in Natural Gas Engineering, 2005 (UNIPORT)
- B.Eng. in Petroleum Engineering, 1996 (F.U.T.O)
- OND Science Lab. Tech., Akanu Ibiam Poly, 1990
- MIT-ETT Fellow – 2017
- Post-graduate certificate in Advanced Studies in Academic Practice; University of Newcastle Upon Tyne – 2012
- MIT-ETT Fellow
Courses Assigned to Teach
- ENG 309 (Fluid Mechanics)
- PET 407 (Well Logging)
- PET 415 (Petroleum Engineering Rock Mechanics)
- PET 521 (Natural Gas Engineering)
Establishment: Federal University of Technology Owerri (2002 – date) Duties : Teaching, Research, Student and community Development.
CURRENT POSITION: Senior Lecturer From 1st October 2015- till date
PROJECT AND RESEARCH INTEREST
*Reservoir Engineering, * Formation Evaluation, * Enhanced oil and Gas Recovery
*Drilling fluids, *Rock Mechanics
Reservoir Engineering, Well log Interpretation, Natural Gas
Petroleum Economics, Petroleum Rock Mechanics,
EOR Mentorship: Class Adviser from 2004 till present.
- Ag. HOD Petroleum Engineering Department (July I, 2018 till date) Internal Assessor in Petroleum Engineering Department ( 2017 Till date) Member ASUU Secretariat Building Committee FUTO branch from 2018 – date
- Member ASUU Committee on Ethics and Privileges FUTO branch from 2015 – 2018
- Departmental Coordinator: Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) 2012 – 2018
- Departmental examination Officer 2008 – 2011
- Chaired 2016 NUC Accreditation Committee in the Department
Well Capacity Evaluation, Well Test Analysis, Reservoir Characterization & Simulation, Formation Evaluation, Enhanced Oil Recovery, Curriculum Design Mentoring, Effective Teaching Method, Drilling Fluid
His research interest and current research studies are in the following areas: reservoir characterization, enhanced oil and gas production (gas condensate reservoirs), prediction and resolution of liquid loading in gas wells, development of local viscosifiers for optimal drilling efficiency and natural gas management
- Izuwa NC, Ihekoronye KK, Obah BO, Nnakaihe SE 2019 Evaluation of Low Salinity Polymer Flooding in the Niger Delta Oil Fields Journal of Advanced Research in Petroleum Technology & Management Volume 5, Issue 3 – 2019, Pg. No. 17-38
- S. T. Ekwueme; K. K. Ihekoronye; N .C. Izuwa (2019) “Analyses of Fluids Used in Gravel Pack Placement in Sand Control Operations,” CS Canada, Advances in Petroleum Exploration and Development Vol. 17, No.1, 2019, pp. 49-53 DOI:10.3968/11004
- Nwakwue JE, Izuwa NC, Ihekoronye KK, Obah BO,( 2019) “Resolving Field Development & Management Challenges in Large Heterogeneous Reservoirs Using Segment Models,” Journal of Advanced Research in Petroleum Technology & Management Volume 5, Issue 1 – 2019, Pg. No. 24-33
- K. K. Ihekoronye; N. C. Izuwa; B. O. Obah (2019) Low Salinity Waterflooding; A Promising Prospect to Improve Oil Recovery in the Niger Delta Oil Fields CS Canada Advances in Petroleum Exploration and Development Vol. 17, No. 1, 2019, pp. 54-71
- Izuwa, N.C, Nwogu, N.C, Amaefula, R.C, Ihekoronye, K.K.(2019) “Publications Experimental Evaluation of the Suitability of Local Agro Materials as a Potential Alternative to Conventional Sodium Asphalt Sulfonate in Fluid Loss Control “ International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research Volume 10, Issue 6, June-2019 201 – 219 ISSN 2229-551
- Eluagu R.C, Anyadiegwu C.I.C, Izuwa, N.C (2019) Economic Analysis Of Monetization Of Natural (Flare) Gas Using Modular Gas Technology (Mgt) System As Strategy For Managing Gas Flaring In Nigeria” International Journal Of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology ISSN: 2277-9655 January 2019 pp 189 – 205
- Princewill Ikpeka, Nkemakolam Izuwa, Christian Omeh; 2019 Compositional Simulation of the Effect of Water Injection on Gas Condensate Reservoir Performance “Journal of Advanced Research in Petroleum Technology & Management Volume 5, Issue 1 – 2019, Pg. No. 1-16
- Patrick Godwin Oyindobra Ossai, Princewill Nnaemeka Ohia(2018) “ An Overview of the Production Potentials of Gas in Tight Sands and Shale Gas Formations Worldwide: A Key Factor for Consideration in Nigeria” Journal of Advanced Research in Petroleum Technology & Management, Vol.4 Issue 3&4 Pg 1-5
- Patrick Godwin Oyindobra Ossai, Stanley Ibuchukwu Onwukwe, Nkemakolam Chinedu Izuwa, Princewill Nnaemeka Ohia(2018) “Waterflooding in Niger Delta Oil Reservoir Systems: Concept and Analysis” Journal of Advanced Research in petroleum technology & management vol.4 issue 3&4 pg 36-41
- Izuwa NC, Onwukwe SI and Akinbamini OE (2018) “Evaluation of Fines Assisted Low Salinity Water Flooding in Edge Water Drive Reservoirs” Journal of Petroleum & Environmental Biotechnology Volume 9 • Issue 4 ISSN: 2157-7463
- Onwukwe S. I and Izuwa N. C (2018) “Evaluation of Matured Oil Field Rim through Fluid Contacts Movement” Futo Journal Series (FUTOJNLS) e-ISSN: 2476-8456 p-ISSN: 2467-8325 Volume-4, Issue-1, pp- 383 – 392
- Izuwa N. C. (2017) “Improving Gas Distribution and Management In Nigerian” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research Vol. 8. Issue 7.
- Chukwudi Ohaegbulam, Onwukwe Stanley and Izuwa Nkemakolam (2017) “Analysis of Wellbore Pressure Drop on Horizontal Well Performance” Oil & Gas Research Journal, OMICS International, Vol.3, Issue 2 DOI: 10.4172/2472-0518.1000138
- Yikarebogha Yibudongha and Nkemakolam Chinedu Izuwa (2017) “Bit Performance Evaluation: A Case Study Of Field A, Niger Delta, Nigeria” International Journal of Science Inventions Today, Vol 6, Issue 2, Pg 101-115
- Izuwa Nkemakolam C., Nwabia Francis N., Okoli Nnanna O. and Nwuko Ejike S. (2017) “Evaluation Of Parameters That Affect Minimum Miscibility Pressure During Gas Injection Process” International Journal of Advanced Research(IJAR), Issue 5 vol. 2 165 -173 Feb. 2017
- Nkemakolam C. Izuwa, Lucky Igboke, Emmanuel Nwogu, Francis N. Nwabia (2017) ”Reservoir Performance Review for NOK Reservoir in Niger Delta” Petroleum and Coal Vol 59 Issue 5, Pg 672-681
- Nkemakolam C Izuwa, Basil C Ogbunude and Peace Wokoma (2016) “Parametric Study of Enhanced Condensate Recovery of Gas Condensate Reservoirs Using Design of Experiment” Petroleum and Coal Vol 58 Issue 1, Pg 1-16
- Udie, A. C ., Izuwa, N.C and Nwakaudu, S. M (2015) “Models for Natural Gas Fractionation in Nigeria in Order to Diversify its Utilization” FUTO Journal Series (FUTOJNLS), 2015, Vol.1 Issue 2
- Izuwa N. C, Udie A.C and Orimadike C. C. (2015) ” Evaluating The Effects of Flow Conditions On Liquid Loading In A Gas Well of A Maturing Gas Field” FUTO Journal Series (FUTOJNLS), 2015, Vol.1 Issue 2.
- Izuwa N C., Obah B, and Appah D (2014) “Optimal Recovery of Condensate in Gas Condensate Reservoir Through Gas Cycling”, Petroleum Technology Development Journal (ISSN 1595-9104): An International Journal; January 2014 – Vol. 1
- Izuwa N. C. (2015) “Evaluation of Natural Gas Hydrate Technology Potential For Gas Flare Reduction. Int’l Research Journal in Engineering, Science and Technology (irejest) Vol. 13 No. 1
- Izuwa, N. C (2015)“ Evaluating The Impact of Rheological Property of Local Viscosifier On Hole Cleaning “, FUTO Journal Series (FUTOJNLS), 2015, VOL.1 Issue 1.
- Izuwa, N. C. and Nwaobia K. F (2015) “Parametric Study on the Behaviour of Naturally Fractured Reservoirs,” Petroleum Technology Development Journal (ISSN 1595-9104): An International Journal; July 2015 – Vol. 2
- Izuwa, N. C., Amandi, K and Oyoh, K. B (2015) “Optimal injection Time and Parametric study on Gas condensate Recovery”, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research”, Vol. 6 issue4, April 2015 pp 985 – 992
- Izuwa N. C. and Obidiegwu M. U (2015) “Development of Simple Correlation to Evaluate Formation Volume Factor For Nigerian Crude Oil”, International Journal of Science And Research (IJSR) Vol. 4 issue 4 pp 1821 -1827
- Obidiegwu, M. I, Okoro, O M and Izuwa, N. C (2007) “Qualitative Analysis of Polymer in Drilling Mud” Nigerian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology vol 6 no. 1 pp 440- 444
- Izuwa N. C., Appah D and Obah B (2014), “Optimal Gas Production Design In Gas Condensate Reservoirs”, SPE 172453 presented at the SPE International Annual Conference and Exhibition Lagos, August, 2014
- Izuwa N, C. and Nwosu C.N (2014) “Influence of Aquifer Support on Gas Condensate Reservoir Performance”, SPE 172372 presented at the SPE International Annual Conference and Exhibition Lagos, August, 2014
- Onwukwe S. I, Izuwa, N. C. and Obah, B (2004) “Drilling Waste Generation and Management Strategy” Nigerian society of chemical engineers proceedings, 34 01 – 06