Dr Emmanuel C. Mbamala
- PhD (2003) University of Konstanz, Germany.
- DICTP (1998) The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics Trieste, Italy
- M.Sc. (1996) University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
- B.Tech. (1991) Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria
08/05/2019: Award of Recognition as the 6thCoordinator, Pre-Degree FUTO(2014-2016)
Membership of Professional bodies
- Member, Nigeria Institute of Physics (NIP)
- Member, Renewable and Alternative Energy Society of Nigeria (RAESON)
- Member, Physics Writers Series Creation (PWSC)
Course Code and Courses assigned to teach
PHY101, PHY102, PHY208, PHY403, PHY443,
PHY501, PHY503, PHY502, PHY504, PHY591/592
- Feb.1999 — June 1999, Dept of Physics FUTO; Assistant Lecturer
- June 2007 — Date; Dept of Physics FUTO; Lect. II, Lect. I, Snr Lect.
- Solid-State Physics
- Materials Science
- Computational Soft Matter Physics
- Physics of Energy and Environment
- von Grunberg, H. H., &Mbamala, E. C. (2000). Colloidal suspensions at dielectric interfaces. J.Phys: Condens.Matter, 12, 10349–10370.
- von Grunberg, H. H., &Mbamala, E. C. (2001). Charged colloids near interfaces. J. Phys: Condens. Matter, 13, 4801–4834.
- Mbamala, E. C., & Pastore, G. (2002). Optimum Monte Carlo sampling for simulation of classical fluids. Physica A, 313, 312–320.
- Mbamala, E. C., & von Grunberg, H. H. (2002). Effective interaction of a charged colloidal particle with an air-water interface. J. Phys: Condens.Matter, 14, 4881–4900.
- Mbamala, E. C., & von Grunberg, H. H. (2003). Charged colloids and proteins at the air-water interface: the effect of dielectric substrates on interaction and phase behaviour. Phys. Rev. E, 67, 31608-1-31608–11.
- Mbamala, E. C., Ben-shaul, A., & May, S. (2005). Domain formation induced by the adsorption of charged proteins on mixed lipid membrane. Biophysical Journal, 88, 1702–1714.
- Mbamala, E. C., Fahr, A., & May, S. (2006). An Electrostatic model of the cationic lipid membrane. Langmuir, 100, 89–96.
- Echendu, O. K., Mbamala, E. C., & Anusionwu, B. C. (2011). Theoretical investigation of some liquid metals and alloys. Physics and Chemistry of Liquids, 49, 247–258.
- Anusionwu, B. C., Adebayo, G. A., &Mbamala, E. C. (2013). Intermetallic and Thermophysical Properties of Liquid Ag-La and Ag-Pr Alloys. The African Review of Physics (2013) 8(7), 39–48.
- Eke, B. C., Jibiri, N. N., Anusionwu, B. C., &Mbamala, E. C. (2014). Effects of the Ingestion of Microwaved Food Items on some Haematological Parameters in Albino Wistar Rats. British Journal of Applied Science & Technology, 5, 99–103.
- Ugwuagbo, K., Madu, C. A., Mbamala, E. C., & Achuko, N. I. (2016). Calculation of the electronic properties of Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) Semiconductors for Photovoltaic cells. International Journal of Innovative Research & Development 5 (2016) 99-104, 5, 99–104.
- Mbamala, E. C., Eguzoro, I. D., Alozie, G. A., & Akujor, C. E. (2017). Solar-powered pool heater using black hosepipe as a collector. African Journal of Renewable and Alternative Energy, 2(1), 41–50.
- Ugwuagbo, K., Madu, C. A., Mbamala, E. C., & Achuko, N. I. (2018). Total Energy calculation of AlAs and InAs binary semiconductors using the projector augmented wave method. IOSR Journal of Applied Physics, 10(4), 49–53.
- Mbamala, E. C., & Akujor, C. E. (2018). Solar water heater: Black versus Transparent hosepipe heat absorbers. IOSR Journal of Applied Physics, 10(6), 28–34.
- Mbamala, E. C. (2018). Performance comparative study of cement and wastepaper as binder sources in briquettes produced from sawdust. African Journal of Renewable and Alternative Energy, 3(2), 109–116.
- Mbamala, E. C. (2018). Hosepipe pool heater aided by the solar-powered dc water pump. Advances in Science and Technology, 12(1&2), 20–26.
- Mbamala, E. C. (2019). Burning rate and water boiling tests for differently composed palm kernel shell briquettes. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 13(3), 34–43.
- Ohajianya, A. C., Abumere, O. E., Osaralube, E., &Mbamala, E. C. (2019). Estimation of the amount of electric energy generatable per year using rain accumulated water from Aboh and Ahiazu Mbaise to drive a hydro turbine in FUTO, Nigeria. Journal of Sustainable Energy, 10(1), 10–14.
- Mbamala, E. C., Ezengwa, C. K., Umezuruike, R. U., & Anusionwu, B. C. (2015). Production of sawdust briquettes as an alternative to firewood. In The 5th Annual & International Conference of the Renewable & alternative Energy Society of Nigeria at Gregory University Uturu, Nigeria (pp. 4–7).
- Mbamala, E. C., & Wokoma, V. O. (2017). Solar-powered pool heater: Effect of tracking the sun. In the 7th Annual & International Conference of the Renewable & Alternative Energy Society of Nigeria at the Federal University of Technology Akure, Nigeria (pp. 70–78).