Mr. Ndubuisi Achuko
Ndubuisi Achuko is a native of Mbieri in Mbaitoli Local government area of Imo State, Nigeria. He is born into the family of Chief and Lolo Cyprian and Kate Achuko of Mbieri and is married. Ndubuisi Achuko grew up and had his primary and post-primary education in Owerri.
He gained admission into the Federal University of Technology of Owerri to study Industrial Physics and graduated with second class honours (Upper Division). He went further to obtain his master degree from the same department and is currently an academic staff of the department since 2011 with interest to contribute immensely to the attainment of academic excellence in areas of Solid state physics and Materials science.
- M.Sc- SOLID STATE PHYSICS, 2015
- B.Tech. – PHYSICS(INDUSTRIAL PHYSICS); 2005
- DIPLOMA – DESKTOP PUBLISHING; 2003
- Awardee, Science and Technology Education Post-Basic (STEP-B) Innovators of Tomorrow (IOT) research grant by Federal Ministry of Education, Nigeria, 2011
- Cash grant from the Federal Government of Nigeria for Academic Excellence, 2001
Membership of Professional bodies
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Physics (NIP), 2019 – Date
- Member, Physics Writers Series Creation, 2017 – Date
- Member, The Nigerian Association of Mathematical Physics (NAMP), 2016 – Date
- Member, Renewable and Alternative Energy Society of Nigeria, 2010 – Date
- Student Member (78196841), The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), Stevenage, Herts, United Kingdom, SG1 2AF, (2004 – 2010)
COURSES ASSIGNED TO TEACH
- PHY 101 – General Physics I
- PHY 102 – General Physics II
- PHY 306 – Modern Physics II
- PHY 313 – Solid State Physics I
- PHY 403 – Quantum Mechanics I
- PHY 501 – Quantum Mechanics II
- PHY 502 – Statistical Physics
- Lecturer II (L 2), Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria, 2018 to date
- Assistant Lecturer (A.L.), Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria, 2015 to 2018
- Graduate Assistant (G. A.), Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria, 2011 to 2015
- Physics and Further Mathematics Teacher, Rivers State College of Education Demonstration Secondary School Ndele, Rivers State. (September 2006 – August 2007).
- Undergraduate Internship, Three Layer Polyethylene (3LPE) Coating Plant (Pipeline Corrosion Coating Plant), Wilbros (Nigeria) Limited, Choba, Port Harcourt, Nigeria, Sept. 2004 to Feb. 2005
- Computer Maintenance and Repairs Technician, Gene C Systems, 25A Okigwe Road, Owerri, Nigeria, Oct. 2002 to Jan. 2003.
- PHYSICS OF CONDENSED MATTER
- Methods of Electronic Structure Calculations
- Lattice and Molecular Dynamics
- Semiconductor Bandgap Engineering
- Semiconductor Modelling
- Computational Materials Science
- Strongly Correlated Systems
- PHYSICS AND ENERGY
- Non – Conventional and Renewable Energy Systems (Solar and Biomass)
- APPLIED PHYSICS
- Thin Films
- Chukwuemeka, O. S., Asiegbu, A. D. and Achuko, N. I. (2018). Evaluation of Global Solar Radiation Models for Niger-Delta Region of Nigeria. African Journal of Renewable and Alternative Energy, ISSN 2006 – 0394, Vol. 3. No. 2, pp 1 – 8.
- Ugwuagbo, K., Madu, C. A., Mbamala E. C., Achuko, N. I. (2018). Total Energy Calculation of AlAs and InAs Binary Semiconductors Using the Projector Augmented Wave Method. International Organization of Scientific Research – Journal of Applied Physics (IOSR-JAP)e-ISSN: 2278-4861.Volume 10, Issue 4 Ver. III (Jul. – Aug. 2018), 49-53.
- Ugwuagbo, K., Madu, C. A., Mbamala E. C., Achuko, N. I. (2016). Calculation of the Electronic Properties of Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) Semiconductors for Photovoltaic Cells. International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, Vol. 5. Issue 9, ISSN 2278 – 0211 (Online) pp 99 – 104.
- Achuko, N. I., Ugwuegbu, C. C. (2011). Optical Properties of CdS Thin Films Obtained by Chemical Bath Deposition. International Journal of Academic Research, Vol. 3. No. 6, Part 2, Azerbaijan, pp 368-374.