Prof. Chimezie Innocent Madufor
B.Eng., MSc. PhD
Engr. Prof. I.C Madufor was born on 13th January 1963. He is a native of Mgbala Agwa in Oguta LGA in Imo State. He acquired Primary Education at Alaoma Primary School, Mgbala Agwa, Oguta LGA, Imo State between 1971-1976 and Secondary Education at Emmanuel College, Owerri between 1977-1982. He attended College of Technology, Owerri (now Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Imo State) between 1982-1984, where he obtained National Diploma (ND), Chemical Engineering.
He graduated from Federal University of Technology Owerri, with B.Tech, in Polymer and Textile Science and Technology (1985-1989), M.Sc, Polymer Science and Engineering (1990-1992) and PhD, Polymer Science in 2007. He has supervised scores of undergraduates, over 20 M.Sc graduates and Co-supervised 5 PhD graduates.
He was the Head of Department of Polymer and Textile Engineering from 2008-2012 and from 2016-2018. He has published more than sixty (60) researched articles in National and International peer-reviewed journals. He is a fellow of Polymer Institute of Nigeria (FPIN), COREN Registered Engineer and a member of Nigeria Society of Engineers NSE and other professional bodies. He is married with six children. He loves reading and footballing as a hobby. He was promoted to the rank of Professor from October 1, 2014
- PhD in Polymer Science. – 2007
- Certificate in Computer Appreciation. – 2001
- M.Sc. in Polymer Science & Engineering. – 1992
- B.Sc. Tech. in Polymer & Textile Science and Technology. – 1989
- Ordinary National Diploma (O. N. D.) in Chemical Engineering. – 1984
- West African School Certificate. – 1982
- Primary school Leaving Certificate. – 1976
HONOURS/ MERIT AWARDS:
- NIBELTEX Awards for best student in – 1986/87, 1987/88
- University scholar in – 1986/87, 1987/88
- Federal Government Scholarship Award (M.Sc.) – 1990 -1992
- FUTO Study Fellowship (PhD) – 1995-2007
- Fellow, Polymer Institute of Nigeria (FPIN) – 2015
- COREN Reg. Engineer, R.12,180
- Member Nigerian Society of Engineers, MNSE.
- Member Polymer Institute of Nigeria (MPIN).
- Member Textile Society of Nigeria (MTSN).
- Member Association of African Industrial Designers
Undergraduate Courses Taught
- PTE 202 Introduction to Polymer and Textile Engineering
- PTE 303 Polymer Science 1
- PTE 305 Yarn and Fabric Manufacturing
- PTE 314 Man-made fibre Production
- PTE 316 Chemical Processing of Textiles and Polymerics
- PTE 322 Analysis and Testing of Textiles and polymerics
- PTE 403 Quality Control in Polymer and Textiles industries
- PTE 405 Engineering Properties of Bulk Polymers
- PTE 521 Polymer Processing Engineering Technology, III
- PTE 531 Advanced Composites and Nanocomposite Materials and Interfaces
- ENG 217 Engineers in Society
- ENG 207 Introduction to Engineering Materials 1
- PTE 513 Seminar
- PTE 515/516 Project
Postgraduate Courses Taught
- PTE 607 Polymer processing Technology
- PTE 608 Plant and Equipment Design
- PTE 613 Textile Technology
- PTE 617 Textile Plant and Equipment Design
- PTE 612 Seminar
- PTE 616 Project
- PTE 703 Applied Rheology and Applications
- PTE 702 Polymerization Reactor Engineering
Federal University of Technology, School of Engineering and Engineering Technology, Department of polymer and Textile Engineering. February 1993 – Date
- Structure-processing-property relationships, cross-linking, crystallization, the mechanical and electrical behaviour of filled and unfilled polymer systems.
- Melt rheology and its application in extrusion, injection moulding, rubber toughening of thermoplastics, alloying and compatibility of polymers.
- Effect of environment on the mechanical properties of fibres, yarns and fabrics.
- Studies on failure analysis and stabilization of polymers.
- Physical testing and chemical analysis of Textile materials.
- The effect of flame- retardants and environment on the thermal behaviour and mechanical properties of fibres, yarns and fabrics.
- Waste Management of drilling muds
- I.O. Arukalam, I.C. Madufor, O. Ogbobe, E. Oguzie. Experimental and Theoretical Studies of Hydroxyethyl Cellulose as Inhibitor for Acid Corrosion Inhibition of Mild Steel and Aluminium. Open Corrosion Journal, 2013, 6, 1-10.
- I.O. Arukalam, I.C. Madufor, O. Ogbobe, E. Oguzie. Adsorption and Inhibitive Properties of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose on the Acid Corrosion of Mild Steel. International Journal of Applied Sciences and Engineering Research, vol. 2, Issue 6, 2013, 613-629
- Innocent Okechi Arukalam, Innocent Chimezie Madufor, Okoro Ogbobe and Emeka E. Oguzie. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose as a polymeric corrosion inhibitor for aluminium. Pigment & Resin Technology 43/3 (2014) 151–158
- Henry C, Obasi, Isaac O. Igwe, Innocent C. Madufor. Effect of Soil Burial on Tensile Properties of Polypropylene\Plasticised Cassava Starch Blends. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, 2013, 1-5.
- Tenebe, O.G., Madufor, I.C. Ayo, M.D. Ichetaonye, S.D. Nwiuelo, G.K Characterization of Carbonized Dikanut shell ((vringia Wombolu) and Carbonized Rubber seed shell (Hevea Brasiliensis) fillers. International Journal of Material Science innovations, 1(3); 2013, 133-141.
- O.G. Tenebe, I.C. Madufor, M.D. Ayo, N. Ojinmah. Mechanical Properties of Natural Rubber filled with Carbonized Dikanut shell ((vringia Wombolu) and Carbonized Rubber seed shell (Hevea Brasiliensis). Macromolecules: An Indian journal. 9(2), 2013, 78-84.
- F.O. Aguele, I.C. Madufor. Effect of Carbonized Coir on physical properties of Natural Rubber Composites. American Journal of Polymer Science, 2012, 2(3), 28-34.
- G.C. Onuegbu, I.C. Madufor, O. Ogbobe. Studies of Effect of Maleated Polyethylene Compatibilizer on some Mechanical Properties of Kola Nut filled Low-Density Polyethylene. Academic Research Journal, Vol 3, No. 1, 2012, 206-212.
- Innocent O. Eze, Innocent C. Madufor, Martin U. Obidiegwu. The Effect of Bamboo powder on some Mechanical properties of Recycled Low-Density Polyethylene (RLDPE) composites. Academic Research International, Part II: Natural and Applied Sciences, 2013, 409-419.
- Innocent O Eze, Innocent C. Madufor, Martin U. Obidiegwu. A comparative study of some Mechanical properties of Bamboo powder-filled Virgin and Recycled Low-Density Polyethylene (RLDPE) composites. Academic Research International, Part II: Natural and Applied Sciences, 2013, 420-430
- Madufor, I.C. Influence of Low-Density Polyethylene on the mechanical properties of High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Tubular films: Global Journal of Engineering & Technology, vol. 3. No. 2, 2010 p. 295-300.
- Chukwu M.N, Madufor, I.C. Ayo, M.D. and Ekebafe, L.O.: Effect of Stearic acid level on the Physical Properties of Natural Rubber Vulcanisate: The Pacific Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 12, No. 1, May 2011.p.344-350.
- Ayo, M.D., Ekebafe, L.O. Chukwu, M.N. and Madufor, I.C.: Effects of Carbonization Temperatures on the Filler properties of Groundnut Shell Powder. International Journal of Chemistry, Vol 21, No.1, March 2011. p 55-58.
- Arukalam, I.O and Madufor I.C.: Influence of Temperature on the transport behaviour of aromatic solvents through calcite-filled low-density polyethene composites: Journal of Technology and Education in Nigeria (JOTEN), Vol. 15, No, 1, 2010, p68-71.
- Arukalam, I.O and Madufor I.C.: Effect of filler loading on the molecular movement of benzene and toluene through calcite-filled low-density polyethene composites: Journal of Technology and Education in Nigeria (JOTEN), Vol. 15, No,2, 2010, p24-28
- Ayo, M.D., Madufor, I.C., Ekebafe, L.O. and Chukwu, M.N. Effect of Filler Carbonizing Temperature on the Mechanical Properties of Natural Rubber Composites. Researcher, 2011, 3(11), p7-10.
- Arukalam, I.O. and Madufor, I.C. Micromechanical Models for Analysis and Comparison with some Mechanical Properties of Calcite-filled Low-Density Polyethylene, International Journal of Academic Research, vol 3 No.5 2011, II part, p379-383.
- Arukalam, I.O. and Madufor, I.C. The Influence of Penetrant size on the Molecular Transport of Aromatic solvents through Calcite-filled Low-Density Polyethylene Composites, International Journal of Academic Research, vol. 3 No.5 2011, I part, p199-293.
- Arukalam, I.O. and Madufor, I.C. Effect of Filler loading on some Mechanical Properties of Calcite-filled Low-Density Polyethylene Composites, International Journal of Academic Research, vol 3 No.5 2011, I part, p195-198.
- I.C. Madufor, U.E. Itodoh, M.U. Obidiegwu, M.S. Nwakaudu. Chrysophyllum Albuum (African Apple)Fruit Extract as Green Corrosion Inhibitor for aluminium in Tetraoxosulphate (IV) Acid Solution. International Journal of Academic Research Part A: Natural and Applied Sciences, Vol 4, No. 5, 2012, 191-198.
- I.C. Madufor, U.E. Itodoh, M.U. Obidiegwu, M.S. Nwakaudu. Aluminium Corrosion Inhibition by Chrysophyllum Albuum (African Apple)Fruit Extract in Acidic medium. International Journal of Academic Research Part A: Natural and Applied Sciences, Vol 4, No. 5, 2012, 182-190.
- M.D.Ayo, I.C. Madufor, L.O. Ekebafe, M.N. Chukwu, O.G. Tenebe, K.O. Eguare. Performance Analysis of Castor oil Based Polyurethane Foam. International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 3, 2012, 255-257.
- Madufor, I.C. Effect of Filler Blend Composition on Mechanical Properties of Epoxy Composites: Global Journal of Engineering & Technology, vol. 2. No. 1, 2009 p. 21-26.
- Oyoh, K.B., Madufor, I.C. The Effect of High-Density Polyethylene on the Heat Sealing Properties of Linear Low-Density Polyethylene: Global Journal of Engineering & Technology, vol. 1. No. 2, 2008 p. 203-208.
- I. C. Madufor, U. E. Itodoh, M. U. Obidiegwu, M. S. Nwakaudu Inhibition of Aluminium Corrosion in Acidic Medium by Chrysophyllum Albidum (African Star Apple) Fruit Extract, IOSR Journal of Engineering (IOSRJEN) Volume 2, Issue 9 (September 2012), PP 16-23