Dr Dan ChimaAmadi
SCHOOLS ATTENDED AND CERTIFICATES OBTAINED
- Patrick’s Primary School, Yaba, Lagos (1965-1967)
- James Primary School, Aku (1970-1973)
- John Cross Seminary, Nsukka (WASC/GCE 1973-1978)
- University of Jos, B.A English (1979-1983)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka M.A English (1997-1999)
- Abia State University, Uturu, PhD (2006-2011)
- Lecturer, School of Medical Laboratory Technology, UNTH, Enugu
- Chairman, Aku Rural Development Association (ARDA), CBO.
- School of Medical Laboratory Sciences, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu (1999-2003).
- School of Medical Health Records (2000-2004).
- Dept of English, University of Nigeria, Nsukka (2000-2003).
- Lecturer, Directorate of General Studies, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (2005 till date).
- PRO/Social Secretary English Literary Circle, UNIJOS (1981-1982).
- Editor-in-Chief, Students Union Magazine “The Cactus” (1981-1982).
- Vice-President, National Union of Anambra State Students (NUASS) UNIJOS Branch, (1981-1982).
- Chairman, Association of Nigerian Authors, Enugu State Branch (1998-2003).
EDITORSHIP OF JOURNALS
- Editor, REVIEW OF ART AND SOCIAL SCIENCES- Quarterly Journal of Inter-University Friendship Association-With Contributions from Science and Technology- the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (2015 till Date)
- Managing Editor, Editorial Board, International Journal for Gender and Development Issues, INSTITUTE OF WOMEN, GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT STUDIES, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (2018 till Date) the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (2018 till Date)
- Editor, The Dynamics of Communication Skills AFRIKA LINK BOOKS
- Wait Till Tomorrow (1994) – a novel Enugu: Dulacs Company Ltd, and Amazon.com.UK
- Secrets Are Wavering Flames (1994) – a novel Enugu: New Generation Books, Enugu and Amazon.com.UK
- Bishop G.M.P Okoye, His Life, His Times (1995) – a biography Lagos: Ever lead Communications Limited and Amazon.com.UK
- The Life and Works of Chief Dr Med. Hyacinth H.I Uzoewulu – The Owelle of Ifitedunu (1996) co-authored – a biography. Nimo:
Rex Charles & Patrick Limited.
- The Barber’s Shop (2003) – a novel Enugu: JohnJacobs Classic Publishers Ltd Amazon.com.UK
- The King Never Reigns (2003) – a playOwerri: Billfred (Nig) Ltd Amazon.com.UK
- The Trial of the Militants (2003) – a play. Enugu: Dulacs Press Ltd Amazon.com.UK
- The Great Judge: The Biography of Hon Justice A.N. Aniagolu(2009) Ibadan: St. Paul Publishing House
- The Meter and the Man – Introduction to the Works of OnuoraOssieEnekwe(2010) – critical works. Owerri: Treasure Books
- Racism in African American and South African Prose – Critical Works. Owerri: Treasure Books Skillmark Media Ltd, Lambert Academic Publishers Germany and Amazon.com.UK
- Dan Chima Amadi: Introduction to Security Education in our Schools. Book of General Interest. Owerri: Treasure Books Skillmark Media Ltd.
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Dan Chima Amadi, UcheNnamani, “How the issues of Secession and Confederation could have Prevented the Nigerian Biafra War – A Review of Achebe’s There Was A Country “ European American Journals – Global Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol. 2 No. 4, June 2014, pp. 20-25
- Dan Chima Amadi, “Dumb Heroes and the Theme of Hopelessness in Richard Wright’s Native Son and J.M. Coetzee’s Life and Times of Michael K.” European Journal of English Language and Literature Studies Vol. 2, No. 2. pp 42-48, June 2014, pp.42-48.
- Dan Chima Amadi, AmadiAppoloniaIfeyinwa, “Dialogue with the Future and the Political Prophesy in Nadine Gordimer’s Novels”. International Organization of Scientific Research-Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (IOSR-JHSS) Vol. 19 Issue 7, Ver 111 (July 2014), pp.171-180.
- Obiajulu A. Emejulu and Dan Chima Amadi, “Living in Bondage: A Dream Deferred or a Promise Betrayed”. International Journal of English and Literature Vol.5 (10), 276-281, December, 20 14. pp 276-281.
- Dan Chima Amadi, “The Influence of the Media and Intelligence on Literature”. European Journal of English Language and Literature Studies. Vol. 3, No. 1, March 2015. pp 42-46.
- Dan Chima Amadi, “Ego Crises and the Collapse of Patriarch in the Novels of J.M. Coetzee and Nadine Gordimer”.IOSR Journal International Organization of Scientific Research Vol. 20 Issues: 6 Version III, (May 2015) pp 38-41.
- Dan Chima Amadi, “Nomadic Education in Nigeria: Using English to Foster Communal Peace and Enhance the Education of the Herdsmen”. European American Journals – Global Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Vol. 3, No. 5, May 2015. pp 16-21.
- Dan Chima Amadi, “The Challenges of Teaching the English Language in Extra-Mural Classes in Owerri Municipal Council, Imo State, Nigeria”.IOSR Journal International Organization of Scientific Research Vol. 20 Issues: 6 (Version IV) June 2015 pp 21-24.
- Dan Chima Amadi, “Review of There Was a Country”. Igbo Studies Review Number 2, 2014. ISR Published for the Igbo Studies Association, pp 172-175.
- Dan Chima Amadi, “The Worries of a Writer in a Distressed Economy”. Association of Nigerian Authors – ANA Enugu Anthology of Creative Writing – Edited by M. AmadiheEzugu. Vol. 1 2000 Enugu: Jamoe Enterprises (Nigeria).
- Dan Chima Amadi, “A Chapter Contribution titled “Vocabulary Development” (2008) Readings in Basic English for Higher Education in Richard Ihejirika (ed).Owerri: Cel-Bez Erudite Books.
- Dan ChimaAmadi (2009), “Life Writing and Identity Crisis in Nigeria” in OGELE Special Edition: An Anthology of Creative Literature and Essays in Honour of Prof. Ernest Emenyonus@70. pp56-61.
- Dan ChimaAmadi (2001), “Tribute to Engr. Aka Ogbobe”, in Harvest Time: A Literary/Critical Anthology of the Association of Nigerian Authors, Enugu State Branch. OnuoraOssieEnekwe(ed). Enugu: Snaap Press. pp 11.
- Dan ChimaAmadi (2012), “Official Writing” pp 66-77, Chapter Four in The Dynamics of Technical Report Writing and Communication Skills.Obiajulu A Emejulu, Dan Chima Amadi, Queen Njamanze, IjeomaOdoh. Owerri: Afrika- Link Books.
- Dan ChimaAmadi (2012), “Book Review” pp 182-210, Chapter Ten – The Dynamics of Technical Report Writing and Communication Skills. Obiajulu A Emejulu, Dan Chima Amadi, Queen Njamanze, IjeomaOdoh. Owerri: Afrika- Link Books.
- Dan Chima Amadi, “English and Literature in the Era of Globalization”. Being a Paper Delivered at the ELTT Annual Conference of National Association of Teachers and Researchers of English as a Second Language (NATRESL) with the theme LANGUAGE, The Teacher Development and Educational Technologies that took place from 2-5 August 2006 at the University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State.
- Dan ChimaAmadi (2006), “The Imperatives of Orature and Performing Arts in the Service of Literacy. “Being a Paper Delivered at Reading Association of Nigeria (RAN) that took place at the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State from 19th – 22nd April 2006.
- Dan Chima Amadi, “Effective Teaching of English Language in Tertiary Institution in Nigeria”. Being a paper presented at the 20th Annual Conference and Silver Jubilee of the Linguistic Association of Nigeria at the Conference Centre, Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council. (NERDC) Sheda Abuja from 13th – 17th November 2006.