Dr Onuoha, Jude Adindu (Rev. Fr.)
Reader/ Associate Professor
Directorate of General Studies,
Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
PMB 1526, Owerri, Imo State
- PhD (Educational Psychology)
- PhD (Philosophy of Science)
- M.A. (Philosophy of Science)
- M.Ed (Educational Psychology)
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION: Philosophy of Science
RESEARCH INTEREST: Morality, Science and Technology.
- Award of Honour by International Writers Academy (Igniting the world through ideas).
- Award for Creative Writing by Professor Bradley Johnson (IWA).
- Award of honour as Motivator and Model for young Leaders and Writers.
- Onuoha, J.A. and Obiagwu, V.O., (2016) Philosophy of Science: History, Problems and Prospects, Lagos: De-Heritage Concept. 285 Pages
- Onuoha, J.A. (2015) Introduction to Philosophy and the World: A Reflective Study, Owerri: Versatile Publishers. 210 Pages
- Onuoha, J.A. (2013) Specifics in Epistemology, Owerri: Eetteh Versatile Publishers. 252 Pages
- Onuoha, J.A. and Ukah, M.E., (2013) Plato’s Dialogue at a Glance: A Philosophical Expose, Owerri: Winet Printing Company, 144 Pages.
- Onuoha, J.A. (2011) Ethics and Human Society: Reflective Study, Owerri: Winet Printing Company, 205 Pages
- Onuoha, J.A. and Ukah, M.E. (2011) Philosophy of Science at a Glance, Owerri: Winet Printing Company, 107 Pages.
- Emedolu, C. and Onuoha, J.A. (2007) The Concept of Science as an Ideology (Silhouette of the Anarchist), Port Harcourt: University Press, 144 Pages.
- Onuoha, A. (ed) (2007). Ethics at your Doorpost: Issues, Problems and Prospect, Owerri: Ejims Publishers, 368 Pages
PUBLISHED PAPERS/ARTICLES IN REFEREED JOURNALS
- Onuoha, J.A., Obiano, D.C. and Osundu, M. (2015) Man and Business at a Cross-Road: A Challenge to a Moral Businessman in a Contemporary Society. Oche Amamihe: Wisdom Journal of Theology and Philosophy. Vol. 12, pp. 139-156.
- Onuoha, J.A., Obiano, D.C, Nwanegbo, J.B, Obiagwu, O.V. (2014) Ethical Care in Agro-Technology; Challenges and Solutions. Oche Amamihe: Wisdom Journal of Theology and Philosophy. Vol. 11, pp. 62-78.
- Ogbuja, C. and Onuoha, J.A. (2014) Wives or Daughters: Insight into the plight of Women in Nigeria. Journal of Gender Studies. Vol. 6 No. 1, ISSN 1595-4935, pp 46-58.
- Onuoha, J.A., Nwachukwu S.A., Ogbuja C.N., Onuoha E.O. (2014), Nyerere’s Political Philosophy as a Remedy to the ills of Nigerian Political Life. Maryland Studies: An International Journal of Philosophy and African Studies. Vol. 11
- Onuoha, J.A., Nwachukwu, S.A. and Nwanegbo, B. (2014), The Middle Way between Karl Marx’s Communism and Nyerere’s Socialism (Ujamaa): An Exposition. pp 105-118. Maryland Studies: An International Journal of Philosophy and African Studies. Vol. 11
- Ukah, M. & Onuoha, J.A. (2014) Epistemology of Human Rights and the Questions of Objectivity of Ethics. Port-Harcourt: University Press: University of Port-Harcourt Journal of Philosophy and Public Affairs. Vol. 1, No. 1.
- Onuoha, J.A., (2011) Feyerabend’s Epistemological Anarchism: A Paradigm for African Scientific Progress. Owerri: Maryland Studies: An International Journal of Philosophy and Religion. Vol. 10, pp. 33-46.
- Onuoha, A. and Nwachukwu, S.A., (2011) The Problem Divorce in Nigeria: Causes and Problems. Enugu: Amamihe Journal of Applied Philosophy, Vol. 9, pp. 43-76.
- Onuoha, J.A., (2010) Science and the Existential Predicament of Man. Sophia: An African Journal of Philosophy and Public Affairs, Calabar. The University of Calabar. Vol. 11, No. 1
- Onuoha, J.A., (2010) Environmental Ethics and Ecological Problems: A Philosophical Appraisal, Enugu: Amamihe Journal of Applied Philosophy, Vol. 8, pp. 1-16.
- Onuoha, J.A., (2010) Julius Ayer’s Inductive Method and Marxian Evolution; A lesson to the World Global Economic Crisis. Sophia: An African Journal of Philosophy and Public Affairs, Calabar. Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 108-113.
- Onuoha, J.A., (2009) Values as a Basis of Nation Building. Journal of Philosophy and Theology, Owerri: Oche-Amamihe Journal, Vol. 2, No. 1 pp. 94-104.
- Onuoha, A., (2007) Scientific Method of Karl Popper: Its Relevance to the Present Democratic Dispensation. Umuahia: The Light Magazine, Madien Edition, 49-53.
- Onuoha, J.A., (2005) Popper’s Philosophy and the New Democratic Dispensation: a critique. Port Harcourt: Journal of Empirical Psychology, Vol. 1 No. 10, pp. 27-32.
- Onuoha, J.A (2018) The Morality of the Aristotlean Virtue Ethics to the Contemporary Nigerian Man: A Philosophical Reflection. Research on Humanities and Social Sciences, IISTE. U.S.A., ISSBN: 2224-5766. Vol. 8; No. 10, pp. 126-131
- Onuoha, J.A., Uchegbu M.T. and Nwachukwu, S. (2017) Revaluating the Challenges of Property Ownership and Its Ethical Implications. European Journal of Business and Management. U.S.A., ISSN:2222-1905. Vol. 9, No 15, pp. 73-77
- Onuoha, J.A. (2017) Dealing with Ecology and the Inherent Challenges in the Modern World. Journal of Natural Sciences Research. U.S.A., ISSN: 2224-3186. Vol. 7, No. 10, pp. 32-39
- Onuoha, J.A. and Obialor, D.C. (2016) The Impact of Information Technology in Relation to Academic Librarianship: A Philosophical Analysis. Global Journal of Human-Social Science: G Linguistics & Education. U.S.A., Vol. 16; Issue 5, pp. 13-19
- Onuoha, J.A. and Nwachukwu, S. (2016) The Role of Justice in an Ideal Democratic System: Nigeria as a Case Study. Journal of Law, Policy and Globalization, IISTE. United States, ISSBN: 2224-3240. Vol. 56, pp. 94-100
- Onuoha, J.A., Ukah, M., Obialor, D.C. and Osondu, M. (2015) Genetic Engineering: Its Prospects, Facts or Fiction? An International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research. ISSN 2229-5518. Vol. 6; Issue 10
- Onuoha, A. and Obialor, D.C. (2015) The Impact of Information Technology on Modern Librarianship: A Reflective Study, Journal of Information and Knowledge Management, IISTE. United States, ISSBN 2224-5758. Vol. 5, No. 11, pp. 52-58
- Onuoha, J.A. (2014) The Socio-Philosophical Origin of Conflict, Journal of Internation Academic Research for Multidisciplinary. India, ISSBN 2320-5083. Vol. 2; Issue 4
- Onuoha, J.A. and Nwachukwu, S.A. (2014), Philosophical Assessment of the practicability of New Genetics. Journal of Integrative Humanism Ghana, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 130-136
- Onuoha, J.A., Ukah, M., and Madu, H. (2014), Rorty’s Intersubjective Agreement: Implications for Nigerian Polity (2014). Journal of Integrative Humanism Ghana, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 1-7
- Ukah, M.E, Onuoha, J.A., Ozumba, G. and Nwachukwu, S.A., (2013), Peace and Justice: Necessary Tools for Societal Growth. India: Journal of International Academic Research for Multidisciplinary (JIARM), pp. 804-822
- Onuoha, J.A. & Ukah, M.E. (2012). The Scientific Conception of a Family and the Moral Responsibilities. International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, USA. Vol. 2; No 7, pp. 114-119
- Onuoha, J.A. (2010) The Phenomenon of Interminable Strike and Kidnapping: Major Ingredients for National Degeneration: The Nigerian Case. Madrid Spain: International Journal of Humanities. Vol. 111, No. 11, pp. 30-39.
- Onuoha, J.A. (2010) Collective Policymaking: A Criterion for the attainment of Millennium Development Goals. USA: International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Science.
- Onuoha, J.A., (2010) Dogmatism and Positive Scepticism in A.J. Ayer: A look at the Political Staticity of Nigeria. USA: International Journal of Education Studies, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 35-47
- Okogbuo, J. and Onuoha, J.A. (2010) Science and Religion: A Philosophic–Historical Review of Their Interaction. Spain: International Journal of Humanities, Vol. 3, No. 9, pp. 40-55
- Onuoha, J.A. (2010) Science and Technology: Making and Marring the Society it has Made, Towards a Better Attitude in its Acceptability. Netherlands: International Journal of Philosophy and Religion. Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 80-90.
- Onuoha, J.A. (2009) The Philosophy of HIV/AIDS: Its Implication in Community Development. USA: International Journal of Educational Psychology. Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 81-89.
CHAPTERS IN RESEARCHED BOOKS:
- Onuoha, J.A., “Social Justice and Rule of Law as Basic Principles of National Development: A Philosophical Reflection into the Nature of Nigeria Social System” in Anyanwu U.S. and Iheoma N.S. (ed) (2017), Evangelical Witness: A Festschrift in honour of the Priestly Silver Jubilee of Rev. Fr. Njoku U.J., Owerri: APT Publishers.
- Onuoha, J.A., Ukah, M. and Madu H., “Rorty’s Intersubjective Agreement: Implications to Nigerian Polity” in Ozumba (ed) (2017), Critical Essays on Postmodernism, Makurdi: Mikro Ticha & Associates.
- Mbogu, N.I. and Onuoha, J.A., “Substitution and the Face Ethics of Emmanuel Levinas” in Ozumba (ed) (2017), Critical Essays on Postmodernism, Makurdi: Mikro Ticha & Associates.
- Onuoha, J.A., “Rorty’s Critique on Foundationalism: A challenge to Traditional Epistemologists” in Ozumba (ed.) (2017), Works on Postmodernism, Calabar: Ultimate Index Publishers Ltd.
- Onuoha, J.A. and Nwachukwu, S.A., “The Rationality of Scientific Revolution in Karl Popper’s Reconstructive Philosophy” in Emedolu C.C. (ed) (2013), Scientific Revolution, Truth and Technology: Turning the Philosophical Telescope, Aba: Rex Press. Pp. 67-88.
- Onuoha, J.A., “Imre Lakatos on the Crossroads of Scientific Enquiry: A philosophical Insight” in Emedolu C.C. (ed.) (2013), Scientific Revolution, Truth and Technology: Turning the Philosophical Telescope, Aba: Rex Press. Pp. 153-168.
- Onuoha, J.A., “Science and Man’s Existential Predicament” in Uduigwomen, A.F., (ed.) (2011), Philosophy and The Rise of Modern Science, Uyo: El-Johns Publishers.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member, American Philosophical Association
- Member, Nigerian Philosophical Association
- Member, Association for Promoting Nigerian Language and Culture (APNILAC)
CONFERENCES AND LEARNED SOCIETIES ACTIVITIES
- 4th Dubai International Conference on Social Science & Humanities 2018. Dubai, U.A.E. February 17-18, 2018
Paper Read: Reciprocating the Impact of African Culture in Religion and Science: Towards a better Understanding of Africa and Her Cultural Identity by Onuoha, J.A. & Obialor, D.C.
- The IAFOR North American Conference on the Arts and Humanities 2014. Rhode Island USA. March 18-24, 2014.
Paper Read: Socio-Philosophical Evaluation of Conflict Resolution and Synergy: A Path to History by Onuoha J.A.
- Association for Promoting Nigerian Languages and Culture (APNILAC), 16th Annual national Conference FCE(T), Umunze, 2013, 14 – 15th May.
Paper Read: The Issue of Ethics’ Objectivity and the Epistemology of Human Rights by Onuoha J.A.
- National Philosophical Association Conference, Abuja 2012.
Paper Read: Science and the Human Society: Its Logical Consequence by Onuoha J. A. and Ukah Mike E.
- United Nations’ International Conference on Ecological Crisis, New York, February 13 – 18th, 2011.
Paper Read: Ecological Crisis: A Challenge to the African Continent (A Philosophical Appraisal) by Onuoha J. A.
- National Conference in Engendering Policy for the Attainment of Millenium Development Goals in Nigeria. Delta State, 2010 March, 29 – 30th.
Paper Read: Collective Policy Making: A criterion for the Attainment of the MDG’s by Onuoha J. A.
- National Association of Philosophy Students (NAPS) Week 2010, (March 26 – 28)
Paper Read: Nigeria at Her Golden Age: The Journey so Far: Any Hope for the Future? by Onuoha J. A.
- National Philosophical Conference, Calabar, 2008.
Paper Read: Globalization and African Identity by Onuoha J. A.