Bonaventure Ikechukwu, Ozoigbo PhD
AREA OF RESEARCH INTEREST:
Philosophy of History and Development Studies.
SCHOOLS ATTENDED WITH DATES:
UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR-CALABAR, NIGERIA – 1989-1991; 1998- 2002.
BIGARD MEMORIAL SEMINARY IKOT-EKPENE, AN AFFILIATE OF THE PONTIFICAL URBAN UNIVERSITY ROME – 1985-1989
SEAT OF WISDOM SEMINARY OWERRI, AN AFFILIATE OF THE PONTIFICAL URBAN UNIVERSITY ROME – 1991- 1995
HOLY GHOST JUNIORATE IHIALA – 1977-1982
BISHOP SHANAHAN COLLEGE ORLU – 1983-1984
UMUANORO COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL ULI – 1974-1976
EZIAMA COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL ULI – 1971-1974
PhD (Philosophy) – 2002
MA – 1991
MPA – 2000
B.Phil (Second Class Upper) – 1989
B.D. (Second Class Upper) – 1995
Dip. Latin – 1981
WASC – 1984
F.S.L.C. – 1976
TEACHING AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Part-time Lecturer, St. Joseph Major Seminary Ikot-Ekpene, an affiliate of the Pontifical Urban University Rome and University of Uyo- Nigeria; (1997-2001). Courses taught- Epistemology, Philosophy of Science, History of Contemporary philosophy, Moral philosophy and Philosophical Anthropology.
- Part-time Lecturer, Seat of Wisdom Seminary Owerri, an affiliate of the Pontifical Urban University Rome and Imo State University Owerri;(2003-2013). Courses taught- History of Ancient Philosophy, World Affairs and History of Contemporary Philosophy.
- Full-time Lecturer, Federal University of Technology Owerri, (2005- Date). Courses taught and still teaching- Philosophy and Logic, Philosophy of Science, History of Ancient Philosophy, History and Philosophy of the Social Sciences, Developmental Psychology, Industrial Psychology and Business Ethics.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
- Nigeria Philosophical Association (NPA)
- Faculties of Arts/Humanities Scholars Association of Nigerian Universities.
- European Centre for Research Training and Development UK.
- Law and liberty in John Locke’s Political Philosophy: Unpublished B.A. Project, Bigard Memorial Seminary Ikot-Ekpene- an affiliate of the Pontifical Urban University Rome, 1989.
- Frantz Fanon’s Idea of African Socio-Political Existence: An Unpublished M.A. Thesis, University of Calabar- Calabar, 1991.
- The Biblical Exegesis of John 17:21 from Igbo Perspective: An Unpublished B.D. Project, Seat of Wisdom Seminary Owerri- an affiliate of the Pontifical Urban University Rome, 1995.
- The Dialectics of Spirit and Moral Responsibility in the philosophy of Hegel: An Unpublished PhD Dissertation, University of Calabar-Calabar, 2001.
- Ozoigbo, B.I., (2007), ‘Motivation in Nigerian Civil service: Towards Enhancing the Common Good’ in Oche-Amamihe: Wisdom Journal of Theology and Philosophy, Vol. 1, No. 4. 2007.
- Ozoigbo, B.I., (2009), ‘Federal Balancing in Nigeria: A Paradigm for Sustainable Democracy’ in International Journal of Development and Management Review. Vol. 4. No. 1. 2009.
- Ozoigbo, B.I. & Chukuezi, C.O., (2011) ‘The Impact of Multinational Corporations on the Nigerian Economy’ in European Journal of Social Sciences. Vol.19. No.3, 2011.
- Ozoigbo, B.I., ‘Hegel and Africa: A Refusal of Authenticity’ in Amamihe: Journal of Applied Philosophy. Vol.10, 2011.
- Ozoigbo, B.I., ‘The Vicious Circle of Poverty in Africa: The Way Forward’ in Areopagus: Journal of Church and State Relations. Vol. 1, No. 1, 2011.
- Ozoigbo, B.I.,(2016), ‘Philosophy and Terrorism: In the Light of Boko Haram Insurgency in Nigeria’ in Global Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol.4, No.3. 2016.
- Ozoigbo, B.I.,(2016), ‘African Theories of Development and the Reality of Underdevelopment’ in International Journal of Development and Economic Sustainability. Vol.4, No.4. 2016.
- Nwanegbo-Ben, J. & Ozoigbo, B.I.,(2017). ‘The Epistemic Dimension of Symbolism in Science and the Supernatural’ in International Journal of History and Philosophical Research. Vol.5, No.1. 2017.
- Nwanegbo-Ben, & Ozoigbo, B.I.,(2017). ‘The Semantics in Natural Philosophy and Philosophy of Physics’ in International Journal of Natural Sciences. Vol.5, No.1.2017.
- Ozoigbo, B.I. (2017). ‘Hegel and Moral Responsibility’ in International Journal of History and Philosophical Research. Vol.5,No.2. 2017.
- Ozoigbo, B.I., (2017). ‘Democracy and Human Rights in Nigeria: A Critical Inquiry’ in Global Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol.5, No. 5 2017.
- Ezeji, N.R. & Ozoigbo, B.I.,(2017). ‘Horizontal Inequalities and Ethnic Conflicts: Implications on Development Policies in Nigeria’ in European Journal of Social Sciences Studies. Vol.2, Issue 6. 2017.
- Obi-Okogbuo J; Nwanegbo-Ben J; Ozoigbo B.I. Themes in the Philosophy of Science (2005)
- Ozoigbo, B.I., (1999), ‘Rationalism’ (chapter 14) in Alozie P. (Ed.): Logic, Philosophy and Introduction to Computer Science, 1999.
- Ozoigbo B.I.,(2009) ‘Science and Technology: A Proof of Man’s Auto-trancendence’ (Chapter 27), in Olayemi Akinwumi, et al, (Eds.)
- Ozoigbo B.I., ‘Nze on Socio-Economic Justice, Philosophy and Political Stability’ (2007), Part B, No. 31, in Ike Odimegwu, (Ed): Perspectives on African Communalism.
CONFERENCES AND LEARNED SOCIETIES ACTIVITIES:
Conferences attended and papers read with dates:
- Philosophy International conference Owerri (2006): The Impact of Multinational Corporations on the Nigerian Economy.
- National Conference on Science and Technology Keffi (2008): Science and Technology: A Proof of Man’s Auto-transcendence.
- UNESCO World Philosophy Day Awka (2007): Federal Balancing in Nigeria: A Paradigm for Sustainable Democracy.
- Nigerian Philosophical Association Conference Calabar (2008): Globalization and African Identity.
- National Conference on Africa and Poverty Trap Awka (2009): Africa and Vicious Circle of poverty: The Way Forward.
- 2nd International Conference on Philosophy, Science and Human Development Nsukka (2011): Hegel and Moral Responsibility.
- International Conference on “African Philosophical and Intellectual Responses to the Development Crisis in Africa” Abakaliki, (2015): African Theories of Development and the Reality of Underdevelopment.
- Faculty of Arts International Conference on “Globalization and Democratic Values in Africa: Perspectives in Humanities” Calabar, (2016): Democracy and Human Rights in Nigeria.
- Nigeria Philosophical Association Conference Uyo, (2016): Critical Rationalism and the Growth of Scientific Knowledge in Africa.
- The Maiden International Conference of Faculties of Arts/Humanities Association of Nigerian Universities on “The Arts/Humanities: Past, Present and Future” Calabar (2018): Politics and Sustainable Development in Nigeria.