Uchenna David Uwakwe
PhD (African Literature)UniZik, M.A (English)UniPort, B.A (English)UniPort
Directorate of General Studies, Federal University of Technology Owerri–Nigeria
African Literary/Cultural Studies, Gender Studies/Development & Literacy Development
- Uwakwe, Uchenna David. (2006) Adopting The Igbo Alphabet for Literacy in English as a Second Language in Literacy and Reading in Nigeria Vol: 11, No1(A Journal of the Reading Association of Nigeria) [79-84]
- (2008) Placing Curiosity above Realism in Aetiological Tales in Topical Issues in Literacy, Language and Development in Nigeria. (a publication of international development in Africa Committee & Reading Association of Nigeria) 366-373.
- (co-authored with Emejulu, Obiajulu) (2009) Glimpses and Voices of Children in Things Fall Apart in Themes Fall Apart But The Centre Holds – 50 seasons of Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart 1958-2008 (A Publication of A.N.A. 2009. [119 -128].
- (2012) Power of Survival Versus the Survival of Power: Uru na Ako as Trickster Images in Igbo Folktales’ in Arts and Humanities Quarterly vol. 9 – No 3. Society for Arts and Humanities.
- (co-authored with Chika Opara. (2013) Placing Phonics in the Right Perspective in the Teaching of Reading and Literacy Development a Publication of Conference Proceedings of the English Language Teachers Association of Nigeria (ELTAN) Port Harcourt.
- (co-authored with Uju B. Nwaogu. (2014) The Imperatives of Literature and Literacy in the Consciousness of the Gender Question International Journal of Gender and Development Issues (A Publication of the Centre for Women, Gender and Development Studies, Federal University of Technology, Owerri) [66-71].
- ………….. ‘Achebe on the Cross of Biafra: A Writer’s Burden’ in (AJELS) University of Abuja Journal of English and Literary Studies 4, 2014,[161-179].
- (co-authored with Uju B. Nwaogu (2014) Evoking the Feminist Consciousness in Poetry: A Study of Chioma Shadrach Enwerem’s As the Sun Rises. International Journal of Gender and Development Issues Vol.2 No.4 2014.
- (co-authored with Chioma Chinedu-Okoh. ( 2015) ‘Adichie’s History within the War Story: Viewing the Pact with Achebe’s Path’ in OKIKE: An African Journal of New Writing No.54, October 2015 – [151-167]
- (co-authored with Adaeze Regis-Onuoha ( 2016) ‘Fact-Fiction Correlation: The Abuse of Authority in Achebe’s Arrow of God to There Was a Country’ PREORC Journal of Arts and Humanities Vol.1 No 1 May 2016 [49-71] journals.ezenwaohaetorc.org/index.php/
- (co-authored with Chioma Chinedu-Okoh. (2016) ‘The Portrait of Survival Instinct Adichie’s Half of a Yellow Sun: A Literary Bridge Across Society and Technology’ Review of Art and Social Sciences Vo. l4, No.5 2016 – [141-148] futospace.futo.edu.ng/…/journals
- (2018) ‘Manhood Patronage as Transmutation in the Novels of Akachi Adimora-Ezeigbo and Chimamanda Adichie’ International Journal of Development and Management Review Vol. 13, No.1 2018. https://www.ajol.info/index.php/ijdmr/article/view/172273
- (2015) ‘A Rhetoric on Conflicts in Adimora-Ezeigbo’s Trafficked’ Post Colonial Interventions Journal Vol 3 No 2, June 2018. https//postcolonialinterventions.com
Contributions in Poetry Anthology
(2011) ‘Prodigal’ and ‘The Rule to Rule’ Uto Nka: An Anthology of Literature for Fresh Voices; Onyebuenyi & Coeds. Ibadan: Kraft Books.
(2012) ‘Non-Vanquished?’ in Oja Dike: Chants for Odumegwu Ojukwu (An Anthology of Poems by Mbari Literary Society) Owerri: Cel-Bez & Co. Publishers, 12-13 (
(2013) The Headmaster’s Resonance Owerri: AlphaBest Books & Publishers, 2013 (Poetry Collection)
(2013) Valediction to Achebe: Hundred Verses for the Eagle on Iroko. Owerri: AlphaBest Books & Publishers. (Chants in honour of Chinua Achebe)
PhD Thesis: Survival and the Culture of Orality in Biafra War Speeches and Songs
M.A. Thesis: Power and Conflict in Igbo Trickster Tales
Treasurer – Reading Association of Nigeria 2006-2008
South East Coordinator – Reading Association of Nigeria 2008-2010
Winner – (Imo State Branch) Association of Nigerian Authors Poetry Prize 2014
Editorial Board Member – International Journal of gender and development Issues (Federal University of Technology, Owerri Nigeria) 2018