Dr. Benedict Nkemdirim Igbokwe
Benedict Nkemdirim Igbokwe is a nave of Ohuoke Obaakwa Umumuomumu Umueze Mbieri in Mbaitoli
LGA, Imo State, Nigeria. I attended Holy Rosary Primary School Mbieri, Community Secondary School
Mbieri, Alvan Ikoku College of Education, Owerri, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Imo State University, Owerri
and Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State. I am presently a Senior Lecturer in the Directorate of
General Studies, Federal University of Technology Owerri Nigeria. I am a Christian father, with children
Academic Qualifications and Date:
- Ph.D. African Culture and Civilization, (Igbo Culture) – 2013.
- M. A. Igbo Language – 2005.
- B. A. Ed. (Igbo Linguistics) – 1995.
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (English /Igbo) – 1992.
- Computer Literacy Course (Literacy & Appreciation, Microso Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Use of
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Igbo Studies Association (ISA) USA.
- Society For the Promotion of Igbo Language and Culture,(SPILC)
- Otu Suwakwa Igbo.
- Otu Igbo Oma
- Reading Association of Nigeria(RAN)
- National Association of Nigeria Theater Arts Practitioners. (NANTAP)
- National Museums Society of Nigeria.
- Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA)
- Served as a principal theatre Artist, Imo State Council For Arts and Culture. 1995-2009.
- Guest Artist, radio/television presenter, Imo Broadcasting Corporation, 1996-2012.
- UNICEF theatre for Development scriptwriter and play Director. 1998-2010
- BBC radio play script writer. 2008-2012
Areas of Specialization:
Igbo Language and Culture
African Language, Culture and Literature.
- Winner(1st position) of Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) Imo Literature Prize(Igbo category)
- Igbo Ọma Award, for promoting Igbo Language and culture. December 2013.
- Ambassadorial Services Award, Rotaract Club of Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education. March 2016.
- Award for the Promotion of Igbo language and culture, from The Charity of the Most Precious Blood
Secondary School, Ngugo Ikeduru. – December 2015.
- Ejiji Ọdịnala ndị Igbo, Ọ ga-ekwe mee, ka ọ bụ ka e kwuo? in Opiike; A Journal of Igbo Language and Culture, Vol.1 No. 1pg 179.2009.
- Re. branding Nigeria through Mother Tongue Educaon. In Literacy & Reading in Nigeria. Volume. 12 No. 2 pg 142.2010.
- The Author and Hero- worshipping. In Aňu: A Journal of Igbo Arts and Culture. No. 7pg 10. 2011.
- Prayer in Igbo Cosmology :The Case of Mbieri, Mbaitoli LGA, Imo State. In Internaonal Journal of Development and Management Review. pg 129. 2012.
- Language and Identy : A case of Igbo Language. In Internaonal Journal of Development and
Management Review. pg 144.2013.
- Osisi Nkwụ na Uru ya n’obodo Mbieri. In OJA: An Internaonal Journal of Igbo, African and Asian Studies. pg46. 2012.
- Umuada :A Socio-polical Organizaon In Mbieri, Mbaitoli LGA Imo State. In The Ideal Man: Feschri in Honours of Prof Obed Muojekwu Anizoba. pg 129. 2012.
- Igbo Culture and Social Change. In Okpulo Journal of Arts and Cultural Heritages. pg. 274.
- Igbo Culture : A Road Map Towards Achieving the Millennium Development Goals on Health. In The Eagle of Igbo Literature : Feschri in Honour of Professor G.O. Onyekonwu. pg 331. 2014.
- Ndigbo and Colonial Almagamaon of Nigeria: Retrospect and Prospects. In Okpulo : A Journal of Arts and Cultural Heritages. pg 56. 2014.
- Gender Profiling in Nigeria : The Case Of Igbo of South Eastern Nigeria. In Internaonal Journal of African Society, Cultures and Tradions. pg 1. vol. 2 No. 2.2015.
- Language, Culture and Naonal Identy. In Ideal Internaonal Journal of Igbo Scholars Forum, Nigeria. Vol. 1 pg 20.2015.
- Ntuteghari Omenaala Igbo ndị na-anwụ anwụ,site n’agumagu odinaala ndị Igbo. In Ekwe Journal. Vol. 2 No. 1.pg 35-47. 2016.
- Igbo Culture and Technology : A Complementary Appraisal. In Review of Arts and Social Sciences. Vol. v. No. 5. pg 84-90. 2016.
- Usoro Aka Ọrụ ndị Igbo:Ihe a chọrọ maka Ntuteghari Ọnọdụ Akụ na Ụba, Iji Kwụsị Arịrị na-eri ndị Igbo. In Achara: Jonalu Nkwalite Asụsụ Igbo. pg 137-150. 2017.
- When death Strikes the Female Spouse in Igbo culture : A peep at the other side of the coin. In Preorcjah. vol 2 No 2. 2017.
- Igbo Culture and Global Reconciliaon. In European Journal of Social Sciences Studies. Vol 2, issue 10. 2018.
- Literature for Relevant Education. In Trail-Blazing Discourses on Linguiscs and Igbo.
- Igbo Folklore /Verbal Arts and Naonal development. In Prime Moverz Magazine. vol. 2.No 1. pg 37.2012.
- Ntulekorita Usoro Okpukperechi na ofufe odinaala Ndị Igbo na nke Oloro ọhụụ. In Ogele: ANA Imo Anthology. pg 222.2014.
- Onye Wetara Oji Wetara Ndụ, Harnessing Igbo Cultural Pracces To Preserve and Enliven The Igbo Language :The Case For The Revival And Sancty of Igbo Kola nut Rituals. In Igbo Identities in the Contemporary world. pg 47-55. 2014.
Creative Writing and Teaching
Courses Assigned to Teach
- IGB102- Introduction to Igbo grammar, composition and comprehension, and
- IGB102- Introduction to Igbo History, culture and literature.