Dr. (Mrs) Chioma Mildred Ahukaemere (Nee Idigbor) is currently the Head, Department of Soil Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri. Dr Mrs Chioma Ahukaemere obtained a Bachelor of Agric. (Second Class Upper Division) in Soil Science and Agro-climatology in 2005 and Master of Science Degree in Soil Fertility and Fertilizer Technology in 2009 both from Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, Abia State. In 2015, she obtained a Doctorate Degree in Soil Survey and Land Use Planning from Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. Her master’s degree thesis titled “PHOSPHORUS FORMS AND SORPTION CAPACITY OF FAUNA MODIFIED SOILS OF SOUTHEASTERN NIGERIA” attracted World Bank grant in 2008. Dr Mrs Chioma Mildred Ahukaemere joined the services of the Federal University of Technology Owerri in 2009 and lectures in the Department of Soil Science and Technology. She has to her credit, several peer-reviewed publications in reputable local and international journals. She has served in the Department of Soil Science and Technology as Seminar coordinator and Class adviser and has chaired several committees in the Department. She is a member of many professional bodies including Board of Reviewers: Agro-Science Journal of Tropical Agriculture, Food, Environment and Extension, University of Nigeria Nsukka, Board of Reviewers: International Journal of Agriculture, Management and Technology, Federal College of Agriculture, Ishiagu, Ebonyi State, Organic Agricultural Project in Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria (OAPTIN), International Union of Soil Science (IUSS) and Soil Science Society of Nigeria (SSSN). Dr Mrs C. Ahukaemere has attended many local and international conferences, workshops and seminars where she presented acclaimed academic papers. Her research focus is on Carbon sequestration, land suitability evaluation, land use management and soil fertility capability studies.
- PhD (Soil Pedology) Federal University of Technology, Owerri. 2015
- M.Sc. (Soil Fertility and Fertilizer Technology), Michael Okpara University of Agric. Umudike. 2009
- B. Agric. (Soil Science and Agro-climatology), Michael Okpara University of Agric. Umudike. 2005
- West African Examination Council (WAEC) 1998
Grant Award: World Bank Step-B grant, 2009. Topic: Phosphorus forms and sorption capacity of fauna modified soils of southeastern Nigeria. (2008)
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Soil Science (NISS)
- Member, Soil Science Society of Nigeria (SSN)
- Member, Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN)
- Member, Organic Agriculture Project in Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria (OAPTIN).
- Member, International Union of Soil Science (IUSS)
Courses Assigned to Teach
- SST 926 – Techniques in land use planning
- SST 811- Advanced Soil microbiology and Biochemistry
- SST 814- Advanced Soil morphology, genesis and classification
- SST 816- Advanced Soil organic matter
- SST 702- Land use planning
- SST 701- Agro-climatology and Biogeography
- SST 501- Soil Microbiology and Biochemistry
- SST 506 – Soil fertility and organic matter
- SST 401 – Soil Genesis and Classification
- SST 413 – Soil Morphology
Work Experience in FUTO
2018: Present Senior Lecturer
2015 – 2018: Lecturer 1
2012-2015: Lecturer 11
2009 – 2012 Assistant Lecturer
Work Experience Outside FUTO
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Adjunct staff 2022-present
Federal College of Land Resource Tech. (FECOLART), Owerri Lecturer (Part-time) 2007-2010
National Directorate of Employment Soil Lab. Analysist 2007-2008
Dept. of Agric. and Natural Resources, Zuru LGA, Kebbi State (NYSC)Staff 2005-2006
Soil Survey, Land use planning and land suitability evaluation study, Carbon Sequestration and agro-waste management.
- Ahukaemere, C.M., Onweremadu E.U., Aamigbo, F.O.R (2021). Erodibility of soils of varying Land Utilization Types and Lithologic materials in Central southeastern Nigeria. Agro-Science Journal of Tropical Agriculture, Food, Environment and ExtensionVolume 20 Number 3.
- Nnaemeka Okoli, Bethel Uzoho, Chioma Ahukaemere, Nzube Egboka and Ifeanyi Irokwe (2020). Chemical fractionation and mobility of nickel in soils in relation to parent materials. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science. Pp 1-8
- M. Ahukaemere, D.N. Osujieke, V.O. Ugwa, A.O. Ogwuche (2019). Bulk density andorganic carbon contents of soil pedons influenced by different tree species. AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, VOL. 11, No 2, pp 148 – 153
- Ahukaemere, C.M.,Irokwe, F.I, Aririguzo, B.N and Onwudike, S.U and Agim L.C.2019). Topography and Depth Influences on Soil Nitrogen and Carbon Sequestration Journal of soil and plant health
- Onwudike Stanley Uchenna, UgwuanyiAmarachi Kelechi, NkwoparaUgochukwuNnamdi,AhukaemereChioma Mildred and Umeojiakor Anthony Obinna (2019). Properties and Aggregate Stability of Soils of Dissimilar Lithology under Land Use Systems in Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Sciences. 19(5) 459 – 465
- Aririguzo, B.N, Ahukaemere, C.M and Ikwuwunna, J.N. (2019). Evaluation of acidsands of egbema area of Imo state, southeastern Nigeria for two plantation crops. Int’l journal of agric. And rural dev. 4187-4200
- Ahukaemere, C.M., Aririguzo, B.N and Onwudike, S.U. (2018). Elemental ratios and their implications in fertility status of soils of Owerri agricultural zone. The International Journal of Agriculture, Management and Technology, Vol 2, No. 1
- Aririguzo, B.N, Onweremadu, E.U and Ahukaemere, C.M. (2019). N-content of somesoils as influenced by selectedBiofertilizerplants. The International Journal ofAgriculture,Management and Technology, Vol 3, No. 1. 94-97.
- Aririguzo, B.N, Ahukaemere, C.M., Osujieke, D.N. (2019). Profile distribution of nitrogen forms under forest and pasture Ecosystem inUmudike in Abia state, South east Nigeria. FUW Journal of Agric. And life Sciences Vol. 3. No. 1. 231-242
- Aririguzo, B.N; Ahukaemere, C.M and Onwuegbuchu, N.P. (2019). Properties of Soils on A Hilly Terrain on A Humid Tropical Environment of Nigeria. INT’L JOURNAL OF AGRIC. AND RURAL DEV. Volume 22(1): 4177-4186
- Ahukaemere, C.M., Ndukwu, B.N, Obasi, S.N, Osujieke, D.N. and Ewelike,.(2018). Morpho-Genetic properties and Classification of soils Derived from Asu River Group and AsatuNkporo Shale in Ebonyi State, Southeast Nigeria. FUW Journal of Agric. And life Sciences Vol. 3. No. 1231 -242.
- Ahukaemere, C.M., Obasi, S.N. (2018). Potentials of Soils derived from Asu River Group and AsataNkporo Shale for Arable Crop Production in Ebonyi State, Nigeria. Bulgarian Journal of Soil Science Volume 3. Issue 1. 48-62
- Ahukaemere, C.M., (2018). Suitability evaluation of some soils of south-eastern Nigeria for oil palm(elaeisguineensis) and cocoa (theobroma cacao) cultivation. INT’L JOURNAL OF AGRIC. AND RURAL DEV. Volume 21(1): 3355- 3361
- Ekpe, I.I., Ihemtuge, S.C, Okere, S. E. Ahukaemere, C.M. (2017). Effect of Humanure and Rumen Digesta on Soil Physico-Chemical Properties and the Yield of Cucumber in Imo South-Eastern, Nigeria. Futo Journal Series, Vol. 3, Issue 1. 13-26
- M. Ahukaemere, D.N. Osujieke and B.N. Ndukwu (2017). Horizon differences in micronutrient contents of soils of the Coastal plain sands in Imo state, South-east Nigeria. Bulgarian Journal of Soil Science. Vol. 2 issue 2. 112-122
- Ekpe,I.I., B.U. Uzoho., Ahukaemere,M. Okere, S.A (2017). Assessment of fertility status of irrigated lowland rice growing soils of Ebonyi South east Nigeria.Environment and ecology research 5(7): 476-479.
- Egbuche C.T., M. AhukaemereS.UZhlyao. (2017). Evaluation of soil organic carbon and nitrogen for effective forest management systems. European Journal of Earth and Environment, Vol.4 No. 29-38.
- M. AhukaemereF.O.R. Akamigbo, E. U. Onweremadu, M. C. Chukwuma, B.U. Uzoho, and Ndukwu, B.N (2017). Soil Carbon Sequestration Capacity Measurement PerCentimetric Depth Unit: A Rational Approach. European Journal of Physical and Agricultural Sciences. Vol. 5 No. 1. 40-49
- Obasi, S.N., Onweremadu, E.U., Nsoanya, L.N., Obasi,C.C, Ahukaemere, C.M and Osujieke, D.N. (2017). Manganese Distribution In Selected Rice Soils Of Ebonyi, Southeastern Nigeria. Journal of wetlands and waste management. Vol.1. number 1-3.
- Ahukaemere,C.M., Uzoho, B.U., ndukwu, B.N., Onwudike, S.U. Okoli, N.H., and Irokwe, I.F. (2017). Forms of primary nutrient elements in soils overlying contrasting parent materials in south-eastern Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science, Vol. 27.316-324
- Ahukaemere, C.M, Onweremadu, E.U., Ndukwu, B.N., and Okoli, N.H. (2016). Pedogenesis of two lithologically similar soils under vegetation of contrasting features in Ohaji, South-eastern Nigeria. Agro-Science Journal of Tropical Agriculture, Food, Environment and Extension. Vol. 15. Number 3. 34-40.
- Ahukaemere, C. M. (2016). Sub-soil carbon and nitrogen sequestration: soil profile measurement approach. Malaysian Journal of Soil Sciences. Vol. 20, 37-48
- M. Ahukaemere, B.U. Uzoho, I.F. Irokwe, B.N. Ndukwu and D.N. Osujieke. (2016). Iron, zinc, copper, manganese availability in four contrasting hydromorphic soils of egbema south-eastern Nigeria. Agro-chemistry and Soil Science. No. 5 Kharkiv. NSC. ISSAR. Агрохімія і ґрунтознавство. 27-34.
- Ahukaemere, C.M.,Ndukwu, B.N., Chris-Emenyonu, C.M., and Onwudike, S.U. (2016). Suitability Evaluation of Alluvial Soils of Egbema for Cassava (manihotesculenta) Production in Owerri, South-East Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Soil and Environmental Research. Vol. 14.
- Ahukaemere, C. M, Obi, C.I. Ndukwu, B.N and Nwamadi, N. J. (2016). Characterization and Classification of Soils of Egbema in Imo State, South-eastern Nigeria. FUTO Journal Series. Vol. 2, Issue1.41-47. 150-154
- Ahukaemere, M., Onweremadu, E.U. Ndukwu, B.N and Nkwopara, U.N (2016). Properties of Soils of Contrasting Lithosequences in South-eastern Nigeria. FUTO Journal Series. Vol 2, Issue 1. 41-47
- Ekpe I.I., Okere, S.E., Agim, L.C.,Ahukaemere, C.M.,(2016). Ihemtuge, S.C., Okoye, C., Onura, M.D and Nwaigwe, M.O (2016). Effect of organic wastes on soil heavy metal concentration and growth characteristics of cucumber (cucumissativus L) in an ultisols. FUTO Journal Series. Vol 2, Issue 2. 335-345
- Onwudike, S.U., Uzoho, B.U., Ihem, E.E., Ahukaemere, C.M., Nkwopara, U.N., Irokwe, I.F. and Echeanyanwu, G.I.(2016). Evaluation of the fertility status of selected soils in mbaise, imo state southeastern Nigeria using nutrient index method. Agro-search 16 No. 1, 75-86.
- Ndukwu, B.N.,Asawalam, D.O., Umeh, M.O. and Ahukaemere, C.M. (2016). Assessment of growth, nodulation and nitrogen fixation in different varieties of cowpea in a humid tropical environment using N-Difference method. Journal of multidisciplinary engineering science studies. Vol. 2 issue 7, 717-724
- Ndukwu, B.N.,Osujieke, D.N.,Ahukaemere, C.M., and Umeh, M.O. (2016). Micronutrients and physicochemical properties of soils affected by municipal solid wastes in Ekwulobia southeastern Nigeria. Journal of multidisciplinary engineering science studies. Vol. 2 issue 11, 1032-1040.
- Ahukaemere, C.M.,Ndukwu, B.N, Ihem, E.E and Onwuso, G.I (2016). Profile Characteristics of Selected Rice-producing Soils of Abia State in South-eastern Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science. 26. 146-153
- Ahukaemere, C.M.,Onweremadu, E.U., Akamigbo, F.O.R, Ndukwu, B.N., (2016) Suitability Evaluation of Soils of the Coastal Plain Sands for Rain-Fed Maize Production in Acid Sands of South-easternNigeria.Nigerian Journal of Soil Science. 26,138-145
- Onyeisi, G.C., Ekpe, I.I., Okere, S.A. and Ahukaemere, M. (2016). Fertility assessment of oil polluted soil for maize (Zea mays L) production in ohaji/Egbema south eastern Nigeria. Academic Journal of Science. 04(02. 107-114.
- Ahukaemere, M. Ekpe, I.I., and Unachukwu, I (2015). Suitability Evaluation of Soils Derived From Dissimilar Lithological Materials for Maize and Groundnut Production in Owerri Agricultural Zone, South-eastern Nigeria.
- Ahukaemere, C.M., Akamigbo, F.O.R. Onweremadu, E.U. Ndukwu, B. N.,Osisi, F.A., (2015). Carbon and Nitrogen Forms and Sequestration inRelation to Agricultural Land Use Types in a Humid Agro-ecosystem. Journal of Global Biosciences: 4(3) 1655-1665
- Ndukwu, B.N., Onweremadu, E.U., Ukeme, O., Ahukaemere, M., Njoku, G.U. (2015)Distribution and concentration of boron in soils with contrasting parent materials in Edo State Nigeria. ActaAgronomicaNigeriana. Vol. 15 No. 1, 90-102
- Ndukwu, B.N., Asawalam, D.O., Osodeke, V.E., Ano, A.O. Onweremadu, E.U., Ahukaemere, M., Njoku, G.U. (2015). Kinetics of potassium adsorption in soils with contrasting parent materials in Abia State, Southeastern Nigeria. ActaAgronomicaNigeriana. Vol. 13 No. 1, 11-28
- Ahukaemere, C.M., Nkwopara, U.N., and Ekpenyong, O.S. (2014). Profile Distribution of Selected Essential Micronutrients in Paddy Soils of Abia State, Southeastern Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science. 24(1), 158-166
- C. Agim, G.U. Njoku, C.M. Ahukaemere, L.C. Okoro, S.U.Onwudike, Osisi, F.A.(2015). Hydraulic properties of soil under different management practices in owerri southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture Innovation and Research 3(4) 2319-1473
- Ahukaemere, C.M., Eshett, E.T, and Ahiwe, C.(2014). Characterization anFertility Status of Wetland Soils in Abia State Agro-ecological Zone of Nigerian Journal of Soil Science. (24)1,147-157
- C Chukwuma, L.U.Mgbeahuruike, J.I Nwachukwu, R.F. Njoku-Tony and C.M. Ahukaemere. (2014). Copper Availability in Relation to Selected Soil Properties in a Crude-oil-polluted EutricTropofluent, Part 1. Global Journal of Current Research vol. 2. No. 3, 51-58
- Okon, M.A., Osuji, G.E., Onweremadu, E.U., Agim, L.C, Uzoho, B.U ., Osuaku, S.K and Ahukaemere, C.M.(2014).Differences in soil Physico-chemical Properties on a Catenary Landscape in Owerri, South-eastern Nigeria. International Journal of Applied Research and Technology: (10)3:11-15
- A., Okon., G.E., Osuji, B.U. Uzoho, Ahukaemere, C.M. (2014). Soil Organic Carbon Storage as Affected by Physiographic Position on a Caternary Landscape in an Ultisols in Owerri, South-eastern Nigeria.International Journal of Research in Agriculture and Forestry 1(2) 18-22.
- Uzoho, B. U., I.I. Ekpe, M.Ahukaemere, ,B.N. Ndukwu., N.H. Okoli, F.A. Osisi, C.M. Chris-Emenyeonu. (2014). Nitrogen status of soils of selected land uses. International Institute for Science, Technology and Education (IISTE)
- E. Ihem., C.M. Ahukaemere,U.N.Nkwopara, C.M. Chris-Emenyeonu., N.H. Okoli, A. Osisi. (2014). Differences in Particle Size Distribution of Soils of Northern Niger Delta of Nigeria as Affected by Crude Oil Pollution. International Journal of Research in Agriculture and Forestry 1(1) 16-20.
- Ahukaemere, M.,andOnweremadu, E.U. (2013). Suitability Evaluation of Selected Paddy Soils of Southeastern Nigeria for Rain-fed Rice Cultivation. ActaAgronomicaNigeriana. Vol. 13 No. 1&2, 35-42
- Nkwopara u., ihem, E.E., Agim L. C, Uzoho, B. U., Onweremadu, E.U., Ahukaemere, M., and Hu, H. (2013). Effect of temperature and mechanism of Pb sorption on selected acid soils of Southern China. ActaAgronomicaNigeriana. Vol. 13 No. 1&2, 43-56
- Ahukaemere, M., Akamigbo, F.O.R., and Onweremadu, E.U. (2013). Soil colour and organic matter content as indicators of soil quality in Falsebedded sandstone soils in south-eastern Nigeria.Nigerian Journal of Agric. Food and Environment 9(3) 6-11.
- Ndukwu, B.N, S.U. Onwudike, M Idigbor, C.E. Ihejirika and K.s. Ewe. (2013). Spatial variability in the physic-chemical properties of soils affected by animal wastes in Uyo, AkwaIbom state of Nigeria. African Journal of Agricultural Research 8(4): 373-379.
- Ndukwu, B.N, Chukwuma, M.C., Idigbor, M., and Obasi, S.N. (2012). Formsand distribution of potassium in soils underlain by three lithologies in Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Agric. and Rural Dev. 15(2):1104-1108
- Ahukaemere, C.M,Ndukwu, B.N, and Agim, L.C. (2012). Soil Quality and Soil Degradation as Influenced by Agricultural Land Use Types in the Humid Environment. International Journal of Forest, Soil and Erosion. 2(4): 175-179.
- Ahukaemere, C.M, (2012). Vertical Distribution of Organic Matter in Relation to Land Use Types in Soils of Similar Geological History of Central Southeastern Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Soil and Environmental Research.
- Ahukaemere, C.M and Akpan, E.L. (2012). Fertility status and characterization of Paddy Soils of Amasiri in Ebony State, Southeastern Nigeria. Journal of Production Agric and Technology
- Ahukaemere, M., (2012). Influenced of animal manures on soil fertility and performance of soybean in a humid tropical Ultisol of Owerri, Southeastern Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Soil and Environmental Research. Vol. 10. 87 – 92
- Idigbor, C.M., and Ndukwe, O.O. (2011). Evaluation of the Effects of Sole and Combined Applications of Organic Amendments on Soil Chemical Properties and Soybean Production in Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Organic Agriculture Research & Development.
- U. Onweremadu, c. Ehumadu, C.SElemike, S.U. Onwudike, C.M.Idigbor and B.U. Dike. (2011). Geotechnical properties of soils as influenced by land use in humid environment..Iranica Journal of Energy and Environment 2 (2): 122-127.
- Idigbor, M;Ndukwu, B.N and Onwudike, S.U (2010). Efficacy of Dehydrated Organic Fertilizers on the Performance of Amaranthuscruentus on Degraded TypicHapludult. International. Journal of Agric. and Rural Dev 13(1):135-142
- Idigbor, M;Onwudike, S.U, Ndukwu, B.N and Chukwuma, M.C. (2010). Variations in Organic and Inorganic Phosphorus Distribution in Selected Termite Mounds of Imo State. International. Journal of Agric. and Rural Dev 13(1):143-148
- Onweremadu, U., Ihem E.E., Onwudike, S.U., Ndukwu, B.N., Idigbor, C.M., and Asiabaka, C.C. (2010). Evaluation of selected physical properties of soils as influenced by legumes and prominoi(R)-P fertilization. Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering Applied Sciences (JETEAS) 2(2): 198-202.
- Ndukwu, N,Idigbor, C.M, Onwudike, S.U and Chukwuma, M.C. (2010). Evaluation of the effects of selected agricultural land utilization types on soil properties in Nando, Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of sustainable Agriculture 2 (2): 34-38.
- Idigbor, M; Asawalam, D.O; Onweremadu, E.U., and Ndukwu, B.N.(2009). Potassium Quantity-Intensity Relationship of Fauna Modified Soils of Abia State. International Journal of Sustainable Agriculture 1(2):49-52
- Onwudike, S.U; Idigbor, M;Ndukwu, B.N and Ihem, E.E (2009). Effect of Organic Fertilizer Forms and Rates on Aggregate stability of an Ultisol and Maize Growth in Southeastern Nigeria. International. Journal of Agric. and Rural Dev 12(2):1-9
Research/ Publication links
Orcid ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-8839-0060