Dr. Geoffrey Uzodinma Ugwuanyim
BSc., MSc., PhD
I joined FUTO on July 12, 2007. My area of specialization in Statistics is Econometrics. I am married with children. My hobby includes doing exercises in the gym and data analysis.
B.Sc (Hons) Statistics (June, 1985)
M.Sc Statistics (May, 1989)
PhD Statistics (September, 2014).
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) foundation Scholar.
- Scholarship Award for taking and maintaining First Position in class throughout my secondary school education (1975 – 1980) by late Eze P.O. Nwoga (UGWUMBA 1 of UmuokrikaAhiazuMbaise, IMO State), through the seminary (St. Peter Claver Seminary Okpala, IMO State, Nigeria).
- Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU),
- International Biometric Society (IBS)
- Nigerian Statistical Association (NSA).
Courses Assigned to Teach
STA 502 (DECISION THEORY),
STA 515 (REGRESSION AND ANOVA 2),
STA 517 (ECONOMETRIC METHODS),
STA 411 (PROBABILITY IV),
STA 435 (BIOMETRIC METHOD
S 1), STA 331 (REGRESSION AND ANOVA I),
STA 334 (STATISTICAL QUALITY CONTROL),
STA 212 (PROBABILITY AND RANDOM VARIABLES).
STA 802(STATISTICAL INFERENCE),
STA 807 (ECONOMETRIC METHODS),
STA 810 (CATEGORICAL DATA ANALYSIS).
- Department of Mathematics, Federal College of Education, Pankshin (September 1986 – September 1987).
- Department of Mathematics, Abubakar Tafewa Balewa University, Bauchi (ATBU) (Nov. 1988 – April 1989).
- Department of Management Sciences, University of Jos (April 1989 – Oct. 2006).
- Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, FUTO (July 2007 – 2008).
- Department of Statistics, FUTO (2008 till date)
Econometrics, Multivariate Methods, Regression Analysis, Time Series Analysis, Operations Research.
- Ugwuanyim, G. U. (2003). An Investigation into the S-Shape of Sales-Response Curve, The Nigerian Journal of Management Research, Vol. 3, No. 1, July Dec., pp. 74-86.
- Onwuegbuchulam, D. E., Ugwuanyim, G. U., Okeke, K. O. (2015). Addressing the Problem of Simultaneity in Cargo Shippersâ Port Utility Models: An Econometric Analysis, Journal of Statistical and Econometric Methods, Vol. 4, Issue 4, December, pp. 1-16.
- Onwuegbuchulam, D. E., Nnadi, K. U., Ugwuanyim, G. U. (2015). Modelling Stability in the Demand for Sea Transport in Nigeria’s Freight Market: A Cointegration Approach, Mathematical Theory and Modeling, Vol 5, No. 10, pp. 86 -97.
- Ugwuanyim, G. U., Ogbonna, C. J. (2016). Fit Adequacy of Dichotomous Logit Response Models of the Regressor Bernoulli and Binomial Probability Distributions, Bulletin of Mathematical Sciences and Applications, Vol. 16, pp. 38 -48.
- Ugwuanyim, G.U., Ogbonna, C.J., Amuji, H.O. (2016). On Statistical and Methodological Inadequacies in Using Financial Reporting to Enhance Partnership in Community Development, FUTO Journal Series (FUTOJNLS), Vol 2, Issue 2, pp. 144-159.
- Ugwuanyim, G. U., Iwu, H. C., Nwogu, E. C. (2016). An Econometric Model for the Explanation of Clinic Attendance Due to Malaria, FUTO Journal Series (FUTOJNLS), Vol 2, Issue 2, pp. 288 -299.
- Harrison, O. A., Ugwuanyim, G.U., Ogbonna, C.J., Iwu, H.C., Okechukwu, B.N. (2017). The Usefulness of Dynamic Programming in Course Allocation in the Nigerian Universities, Open Journal of Optimization, 6, 176-186.
- Harrison, O. A., Ogbonna, C.J., Ugwuanyim, G.U., Iwu, H.C., Okechukwu, B.N. (2018). Optimal Water Pipe Replacement Policy, Open Journal of Optimization, 7, 41-49.
- Harrison, O. A., Ugwuanyim, G.U., Anyiam K. (2019). Application of Game Theory in Maintaining Academic Standard in the Nigerian Universitiesâ€, World Scientific News (An International Scientific Journal), WSN 125, EISSN 2392-2192, pp.72-82
- Obite, C.P., Olewuezi, N.P., Ugwuanyim, G. U., Bartholomew, D. C. (2020). Multicollinearity Effect in Regression Analysis: A Feed Forward Artificial Neural Network Approach, Asian Journal of Probability and Statistics, 6(1), pp. 22-33.
- Ugwuanyim, G.U., Confidence, O., Bartholomew, D. C., Obite, C.P (2020). Medical Choices for a Wealthy Nation A Multinomial Logistics Model, Asian Journal of Probability and Statistics, 6(3), pp. 1 -12.
- Obite, C.P,Bartholomew, D. C., Ugwuanyim, G. U., Olewuezi, N.P. (2020). Assessment of the Disparities in the Applications to Higher Education in Nigeria: A Coefficient of Variation Approach, Asian Journal of Advanced Research and Reports, 8(3), ISSN 25823248, pp. 23-29.
- Ugwuanyim, G.U., Amuji, H.O., Bartholomew, D.C., Wisdom, H. (2021). The Reliability of ART in the Control of Human Immune Virus (HIV)â€, Advances and Applications in Statistics, Vol. 67, No. 2, pp. 117-132.
- Amuji, H.O., Ugwuanyim, G.U., Nwosu, C. O. (2021) A Solution to Geometric Programming Problems with Negative Degrees of Difficulty, Advances and Applications in Discrete Mathematics, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 221-230.
- U Ugwuanyim, D.E Onwuegbuchunam, D.D Chekwube& C.C Anikpe (2021).Vehicle Insurance Policy Administration in Nigeria: Panel Data Evidence from Insurance Companies, Journal of Transport Technologies (JTTs), 11, 325-334. https://doi.org/10.4236/jtts.2021.113021.
Research Gate Profile URL: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Geoffrey-Ugwuanyim
Google Scholar Page URL: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=cz3cdbYAAAAJ