Dr. L.C Agim was born into the Royal Family of Agim Nwokorie of Umuopralum Umualumaku. He is the 3rd Child of Ezinna, Sir and Lady Andrew Mary Agim. He is devoted Catholic and has contributed to the growth of his community. I am happily married to Mrs Chinenye Leo-Agim. I am a father of four lovely Children.
- Ph.D (Physics and Conservation) – 2016
- MSc. (Soil and Environmental conservation) – 2010
- B.Agric.Tech. (Soil science Option) – 2004
Ambassador for Peace by Global Peace Chain – 2019
- Soil Science Society of Nigeria
- International Union of Soil Science
- Agricultural Society of Nigeria
- Member International Youth Forum on soil and Water conservation (IYFSWC)
- Member Organic Agriculture in Tertiary Institution
Courses Assigned to Teach
- SST 202= Introduction to Soil Science
- SST 302= Soil and water conservation
- SST 508= Soil Physics
- SST 511= Remote sensing and Application to Agriculture
- SST 507= Soil Conservation and geomorphology
- SST 516: Soil plant water Relationships
- Grew from Graduate Assistant to Snr. Lecturer, Federal University of Technology 2012 – Date
- Lecturer III, Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo 2011 – 2012
- Abia State Polytechnic, Arochukwu (Part time Lecturer) 2009 – 2010
- Domino International Secondary School, Owerri – Agric/Biology Teacher 2007 – 2009
- Capital Express Insurance Company 2008 – 2009
- Soil Conservation
- Water conservation
- Afangide, A.I., Agim, L.C., Okon, M.A., Chukwu E.D., Paul, I., Okoli, N.H., Egboka, N.T. and Onwuka, V.C (2022). Biological and Chemical Characteristics of Soils Influenced by Palm Oil Mill Effluent in Humid Tropical Soil of Owerri, Southeastern Nigeria. Journal of Agriculture and Food Environment Volume 9(1): 1-10, 2022.
- Egboka N.C, Agim L.C, Okon M.A, Okoli N.H, Afangide,A.I and Okonjo P. Population Density Of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi And Physico- Chemical Properties Of Soils As Affected By Cropping Systems
- Onweremadu E.U, Agim L.C, Chukwu E.D, Okoli H.N and Afangide I, (2021). Selected Determinants of Soil Structural Stability in Soil Profile of a Humid Tropical Environment of South Eastern Nigeria.
- Agim LC, Amos HI, Osisi AF, Okoli HN and, Egboka NT (2021). Lethality of Crude Oil Contamination on Properties of Soil and Growth Parameters of Maize (Zea mays L.) International Journal of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resources Research Article Volume 28 Issue 3 – July 2021 DOI:10.19080/IJESNR.2021.28.556238
- Leonard Chimaobi Agim , Igwe Charles Arinzechukwu , Adaku Felicia Osisi, Chinonso Milicent Chris Emenyonu (2020). Effect of organic amendment on properties and nutrient loss of soils of selected parent material. Euro Asian Journal of Soil Science 9 (4) 329- 338
- Agim L.C , Igwe C.A, Onweremadu E.U, and Ike, S , Osuaku S.K (2020). Aggregate Stability Of Varying Geologic Formations In South Eastern Nigeria. Journal of Erosion and Environment Degradation (JEED) FUTO, June 2020. 40-51
- M. Ahukaemere, S. N. Obasi, L. C. Agim, K. K. Egwuonwu (2020). Evaluation of Aggregate Stability and Geotechnical Properties of Soils Derived from Dissimilar Shaley Lithological Materials in Selected Locations of Southeastern Nigeria. Scientific Modelling and Research Vol. 5, No. 1, 25-35, 2020 e-ISSN: 2523-952X
- Agim L.C and Igwe C.A (2019). Sediment yield, detachment, and runoff from soil under selected parent materials in Southeastern Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science. 29 (1) 34–43.
- Chris-Emenyeonu, C.M, Onweremadu E.U,Ekpe I.I,Ihem,E.E, Agim L.C, Ahukaemere C.M (2017). Physical and Chemical properties of soils on a catenary landscape in Umuevu, Awo-Omamma, Rain Forest Ecological Zone, Nigeria. Nigeria Journal of Soil, and Environmental Research.
- EKPE I.I, Okere, S. E., Agim L.C, Ahukaemere ,C.M, Ihemtuge C.,Okoye, C., Onuora M.D. and Nwaigwe M.O. (2016). Effect of Organic Wastes on Soil Heavy Metal Concentration and Growth Characteristics of Cucumber (Cucumis SativusL.) in an Ultisol. FUTO Journal Series VOL 2. Issue 2. www.futojnls.org.
- Obi, C.I,Osujieke , D.N., Obiora, J.I., Osuji, G.E. Onweremadu, E.U.,Imadojemu , P.E.,Okon M.A.,Agim, L. C. Ndukwu, B.N and Chris -Emenyeonu, C.M. (2016). FUTO Journal Series VOL 2. Issue 2.
- Onwudike S. U,Onweremadu, E. U Ihem,E. E, Agim, L.C, Osisi, A. F ,Osuaku, S. K and Azuh, P. O (2016). Evaluation of Micronutrient Status of Soils under Three Land Use Types in Oyigbo, River State Nigeria. FUTO Journal Series VOL 2. Issue 2.
- Osuaku S.K., Ukaegbu E.P, Onweremadu E.U., Agim, L.C.., Irebuisi D.E, Nwarieji F.E., Okoli, C.F, Osuaku H.E.,and Onyeagoro, C.R ( 2016) Variability in soils loss as influenced by different land use practices using stimulated rainfall in Imo state south eastheren Nigeria. Duncan Science company.
- Agim C., Osuji G.E., IGWE C.A ., Ekpe I.I and Ikeh S., (2015 ) Seasonal Variability and land use effects on aggregate Stability, shear strength and organi matter content of an Ultisol. Malyasian Journal of Soil Science. Vol. 19:1-15.
- Ndukwu, B.N., Onweremadu E.U., Nkwopara U.N., Ahukaemere C.M. Ihem E.E. and Agim L.C. Variability of selected soil properties of a River slope in Amaigbo, southeastern Nigeria (2015). FUTO Journal Series (FUTO JNLS). VOL 1. Issue 2. www.futojnls.org
- U Onweremadu, UZOR E.I., Egbuche C.T, Agim L.C, Njoku J.D, and Udebuani C. (2015). Properties of Mine soils in a Forested Hilly terrain of south Easthern Nigeria. Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. Vol 4(3-1). Published online,( http://www.science publishing group .com/l/aff.dio.10.11648/j.aff.s.2015 040301.16.
- Agim C, Njoku G.U,Ahukemere C.M, Okoro , L.C , Onwudike S.U, and Osisi A.F (2015), Hydraulic properties of Soils under different management practices in Owerri South Eastheren Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and research. Vol. 3 issue 4. URL: www.ijair.org
- Obi C.I, Esu L.E,Onweremadu E.U, Chris Emenyonu C.M, Okon M.A, Agim L.C,Okoli N.H and Chime A.C (2014).Coefficient of llinear Extensivity and Shrinkswell potential of Humid Tropical Soils In Uyo, South Eastheren Nigeria. International Journal of Applied Research and Technology: (10)3:11-15.
- U Uzoho, Ihem E.E, Onwudike S., Agim L.C, Okon M.A, Nti S.I and Orji J.C (2014). Phosphorus soption capacity of soils in relation to land use types in Mbaise, Southeastheren Nigeria Journal of Chemical Biological and physical sciences. An International Peer review E-3 Journal of sciences. www.jcbsc.org.Vol 4.no 2
- Agim .L.C, Osuji G.E, Ndukwu B.N, and Osuaku S.K (2012). Seasonal dynamics of soil organic matter and total nitrogen in soils under different land uses in Owerri southeastheren Nigeria. Agro Science Journal of Tropical Agriculture, Food and Extension. Vol 11, NO.1, PG 43-54.www.agrosciencejournal.com.
- Nkwopara U., Ihem, E.E., Agim L. C, Uzoho, B. U., Onweremadu, E.U., Ahukemere , M., and Hu, H. (2013) .Effect of temperature and mechanism of Pb sorption on selected acid soils of Southern China. Acta Agronomica Nigeriana. Vol. 13 No. 1&2, 43-56
- Ahukemere, M., Ndukwu, B.N, and Agim, L.C (2013 ). Soil Quality and Soil Degradation as Influenced by Agricultural Land Use Types in the Humid Environment. International Journal of Forest, Soil and Erosion. 2(4): 175 -179.
- Onweremadu E.U. Agim .L.C, Onoh, P.,Ogbedeh K.O and Onoh P.H (2012). Carbon and nitrogen fractions of soils derived from coastal plain sands of Owerri South Eastheren Nigeria. Acta Agronomica Nigeriana. Vol. 12 No. 1&2, 43-56. agricolanig.org
- Onweremadu E.U., Agim L.C.,and Obi C.I, (2012). Weathering status and some pedogenic activities of soils formed over falsbedded sanstone in South eatheren Nigeria. Advances in Sciences and Technology Africa. African Journal of Research, Innovation and Discovery. Vol 6.(1).
- Agim L.C, Chris Emenyeonu M, Isika P, Okoro L.C, and Nwachukwu M (2012). Variability of selected physic chemical properties of soils affected by different landuses in Owerri South eastheren Nigeria. International Journal of Agric. and Rural Dev. 15(3):1174-1182
- Agim L.C,Osuji E, Ndukwu B.N, and Keyagha E.R (2012). Erodibility status of soils under different land use types in Owerri south Eastheren Nigeria. Science Technology Africa. A periodical of FUTO Alumni Association in DIASPORA (FAAD), VOL. 1:6-9. www.faad.futoalumni.org
- Osuaku S.K, Osuji E, Obasi S.N and Agim L.C. (2012). Effects of Land use practices on runoff and soil physical and chemical properties in Owerri southeastheren Nigeria. International Journal of Agric. and Rural Dev. 15(1):871-877. www.ijard.com
- Chukwuma M.C, Agim L.C, Ugwoajanma M.O, Obasi N.S and Okoli N.A (2009). Concentrations and toxicity of selected heavy metals in spent oil polluted Typic Paledult. International Journal of Agric. and Rural Dev. 11(2):77-81, (3): 1174-1182. www.ijard.com.
Research Gate Profile URL:
Google Scholar Page URL: