Anthony O. Chikwe holds Ph.D degree in Petroleum engineering from FUTO, Owerri; Master of Science/Bachelor of Science degree in Petrochemical engineering from University of Oil and Gas, Moscow, Russia; Post graduate Certificate in advanced studies in academic practice from New Castle University upon Tyne, UK; Member, Society of Petroleum engineers; Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK. He has worked in the Oil and Gas industry. Presently, a Senior Lecturer in the department of petroleum engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- Ph.D Petroleum Engineering, 2019.
- Fellow Higher Education Academy, 2013
- Post graduate Certificate in Advanced Studies in Academic practice, 2012.
- Msc/Bsc. Petrochemical Engineering, 1986
- GCE O’ LEVEL , 1978.
- Recipient of Federal government scholarship ( Undergraduate and Post graduate Studies)
- Recipient of Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Award.
- Recipient of FUTO Fellowship Award.
- Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- Fellow Higher Education Academy, UK.
Courses Assigned to Teach
- PET 405, PETROLEUM PRODUCTION ENGINEERING II.
- PET 506 ENHANCED OIL RECOVERY.
- PET 521. NATURAL GAS ENGINEERING.
- PET 403, RESERVOIR ENGINEERING II
- PET 304, RESERVOIR ENGINEERING I
- PET 204, BASIC GEOLOGY.
- PET 317 PETROLEUM GEOLOGY.
- PET 512, PROCESS TECHNOLOGY.
- PET 501 DRILLING TECHNOLOGY III
- PET 511 PETROLEUM PRODUCTS TRANSPORTATION & STORAGE.
My experience in both Academia and the Oil and Gas industry is over twenty years.
- Lecturer, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, 1999 till date.
- Consultant, Core Laboratories Petroleum Services, Port-Harcourt, Nigeria, in reservoir engineering and formation evaluation studies 2001-2007.
- Categ Systems Nigeria Limited, Port-Harcourt Nigeria, in instrument calibrations and marketing, 1994-1999
- Supervisor, Core Laboratories Petroleum Services, Port-Harcourt, Nigeria in reservoir engineering and formation evaluation studies. 1990-1994.
- Engineer, Japanese Gasoline Corporation (JGC), New PH refinery, Nigeria in process engineering and plant test runs 1988-1989
Production, Reservoir and Natural Gas Engineering.
He has twenty-four published papers in reputable international journals to his name and many other papers awaiting publication. Published papers include the following
- Chukwuemeka, M.C., David,C.O. Onele,A.C and Chikwe, A.O. Analysis of diethylene glycol and decylamine as demulsifiers for treatment of water-in-oil emulsions: Case study of the Niger Delta, Nigeria. International journal of innovative research & development (IJIRD), August,2019 vol 8, issue 8, pp 215-222.
- Amajuonyi, P., Azubuike, P.C., Omaka,C.C., Enyioko,D.N and Chikwe, A.O. Formulation of demulsifying agent for water-in-oil emulsion treatment on a sample from the Niger Delta, Nigeria. International journal of innovative research & development (IJIRD), August,2019 vol 8, issue 8, pp 207-214.
- Agwazie, F.N., Ibezim, S.C., Chikwe A.O., and Enyioko,D.N. Comparative analysis of polyethylene glycol and triethanolamine as demulsifying agents for separation of water-in-oil emulsion. International Journal of scientific and engineering research (IJSER), vol 10, issue11, Nov. 2019, pp 368-375.
- Okeke, N.C., Ogbuagu,E.C and Chikwe,A.O., A comparative analysis of decylamine and phenol in water-in-oil emulsion demulsification process. American Journal of engineering research (AJER), 2019 vol 8, issue 12, pp 27-35.
- Chikwe, A.O. Use of Analytical hierarchy Process (AHP) to compare transportation modes of Gas-to-liquid (GTL) products from the Niger Delta region of Nigeria to Overseas. World Journal of Innovative research (WJIR), vol 8 issue 2, Feb. 2020, pp 65-74.
- C Onyemachi, S.I. Onwukwe, U.I. Duru, A.O. Chikwe and N.Uwaezuoke. Enhancing oil recovery through nanofluids flooding with irvingia gabonensis in the Niger Delta. Journal of petroleum exploration and production technology, 17 July, 2020, pp 2885-2894
- Odo, Jude Emeka., Anthony Chikwe., Ifeanyi Onyejekwe., Ifeanyi Oguamah., Nnanna Okoli and Ofoegbu, C.D. Metallic oxides nanoparticles: The new frontier in enhanced oil recovery (EOR). American Journal of Applied Scientific research (AJASR), July, 17, 2020 vol 6, issue 3, pp 61-66.
- C Nwanwe, U.I. Duru, O.I. Nwanwe, A.O. Chikwe, K.T. Ojiabo and C.T. Umeojiakor. Optimum tubing size prediction model for vertical multiphase flow during flow production period of oil wells. Journal of petroleum exploration and production technology, 4 August, 2020, pp 2989-3005.
- Anthony O.Chikwe, U.I. Duru, E.C. Obasi. Waterflooding process of oil recovery in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. International Journal of Advances in Engineering and Management (IJAEM), vol. 2, issue 12, pp 628-637.
- Chikwe Anthony O., Ugomuoh Tochukwu, Obasi Emmanuel C. Artificial Intelligence (Ann) and Accurate Well Log Interpretation: Key to Accurate Gravel Pack Design: (A Niger Delta Case Study). International Journal of Advances in Engineering and Management (IJAEM), vol. 2, issue 12, pp 638-650.
- Anthony O. Chikwe., Kechinyere B. Oyoh., Dulu Appah., Stanley I. Onwukwe. Comparative study of pipeline and marine transportation for Gas-to-liquid (GTL) products from Nigeria to Overseas. Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research (JSAER).
- Odo, J.E., Onyejekwe, I., Chikwe, A.O., Nwachukwu, A., Okereke, N., Oguamah, I., Obikaonu, A.C. Effect of the Application of Aluminium Oxide on Recovery in Enhanced Oil Recovery. Engineering and Applied Sciences 2021;6(2),41-48.
- Chikwe, A.O., Onuh, C.H., Ajugwe,U.J and Nwagbo, C.A. Development of environmentally friendly oil based mud using Almond oil, castor oil and groundnut oil. American Journal of engineering research (AJER), 2019 vol 8, issue 12, pp 88-98.
- Obasie C., Chikwe,A.O., Onwukwe,S.I and Agwazie, F.N. Prediction of dew point pressure for gas condensate reservoir using artificial Neural Network in the Niger Delta. American Journal of engineering research (AJER), 2019 vol 8, issue 12, pp16-26.
- Ariche, P.O., Onwukwe,S.I., Duru, I.U. and Chikwe, A.O. Optimizing liquid recovery from a gas condensate reservoir operating below dew point. European Journal of advances in engineering and technology (EJAET) 2019 vol 6, issue10, pp 21-35.
- Chikwe, A.O., Okereke, N.U., Ndubueze, M.O., Duruonyeaku, A.N. Modeling of Wax Deposition in Crude Oil pipeline using simulation. American journal of Engineering Research (AJER) 2021 vol. 10, Issue 9, pp117-125.
- Anthony O. Chikwe, Leonard U. Okoye, Anthony N. Ebue. Comparison of Underground natural gas storage methods using the six economic indicators and the (AHP) Tool. (A case study of the Niger- Delta). Journal of scientific and Engineering Research, 2021, 8(9): 52-62.
- Anthony O. Chikwe, Anthony N. Ebue. Comparative economic analysis of CNG and LNG transportation. Journal of scientific and Engineering Research, 2021, 8(9):95-108.
- Chikwe Anthony O., Ukpai Ude Chidera E., Elechi Dominic Urom, Onyia Obinna Stanley. Comparative economic analysis of liquefied natural gas Technology and Gas-to-liquid Technology. European journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology, 2021, 8(10): 9-16.
- Anthony O.Chikwe, Onyebuchi l.Nwanwe, Obinna S.Onyia, Ndubuisi U.Okereke, Jude E.Odo. Development of proxy models for predicting and optimizing the time and recovery factor at breakthrough during water injection in oil reservoirs. International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Engineering, 2022; 10(1): 17- 30.
- Ugochukwu I.Duru, Onyebuchi l.Nwanwe, Chibuzo C.Nwanwe, Akeem O.Arinkooa, Anthony O.Chikwe. Evaluating lift system for oil Wells using integrated production modeling. A case study of a Niger Delta field. Journal of Petroleum Engineering & Technology Vol.II, Issue 3, 32- 48.
- Francis Nwabia, Jude Osamor, Robinson Madu, Nkemakolam Izuwa, Anthony Inferences derived from Reservoir permeability estimation using static and dynamic data: Core data analysis versus Drawdown tests. Published in International Petroleum and Petrochemical Technology conference, 2021 pp 184 – 196.
- Aniyom Ebenezer, Chikwe Anthony and Jude Odo. Hibridization of optimized supervised Machine learning Algorithms for effective lithology. SPE Nigerian Annual International Conference and Exhibition Lagos, August, 2022.
- O.Chikwe, O.I.Nwanwe, U.I.Duru, G.O.Nduwuba and A.N. Duruonyeaku. Investigating the impact of sieve analysis on the choice of Gravel pack design for wells in unconsolidated sandstone formations in the Niger Delta. Journal of Engineering Research and Reports Vol.24, Issue 2, pp 39-49, 2023.
Research Gate Profile URL:
Google Scholar Page URL: