Engr. Dr. Reginald Ekene Ogu holds a PhD degree in Electronic Engineering. His research interests are in the areas of Embedded Systems, Wireless Networks, IoT, Cloud Computing, Web Development and Renewable Energy Utilization. His primary programming languages are C++ and Python. He develops and manages web applications as a hobby.
As an advocate of Re-engineering, he is tech savvy in the applicability and effective utilization of ICT tools for improved productivity. On July 1, 2022, Reginald was appointed IT Support Officer for the World Bank’s: Center of Excellence in Sustainable Procurement, Environment and Social Standards, FUTO (CE-sPESS).
Dr Reginald coordinated the activities of the IoT-Edge Computing Research Group of Software Engineering department between 2020 and 2022. Under his leadership, the group won a TETFund NRF grant in 2020 and the TryEngineering STEM Portal Grant in 2021.
Professionally, Reginald is registered by the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) to practice engineering in Nigeria. Also, he is amember of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). Currently, he is the webmaster for the IEEE Nigeria Section and IEEE Africa Council. In addition, he is an ambassador for the IEEE Smart Village.
Dr. Reginald has many awards attributable to him. He was a PTDF scholar between January 2019 and December 2020. He won the “Most Likely to Succeed Project” award at the PowerAfrica Conferences in 2020 and 2021.
Dr. Reginald has some publications to his credit. Feel free to look-up his Google Scholar and ResearchGate profile pages.
- B. Eng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
- M. Eng in Electronic Engineering
- IEEE HAC/SIGHT Projects Grant 2022: Implementation of Renewable Energy Powered Street Light Scheme for Akah Settlement Obinze, Imo State
- Member of the research team that won a TETFund NRF 2020 grant; Development of a Computerized Medical Triage for Improved Healthcare Delivery in Nigeria based on IoT-Edge Technology
- Won the “Most Likely to Succeed Project”Award in the IEEE Smart Village – Meet the Entrepreneur competition: August, 2021
- Bronze Winner: 2021 IEEE Student Paper Competition: Water-Energy-Food Nexus.
- IEEE Pre-University STEM Portal Grant 2021: Pre-University Student Workshop and Competition on EMBEDDED SYSTEMS 2021 (EMBED’21
- Member of the research team that won a TETFund NRF 2019 grant; Design and Development of Waste Management and Hazard Alert System.
- Won the “Most Likely to Succeed Project”Award in the IEEE Smart Village – Meet the Entrepreneur competition of PowerAfrica, 2020
- Scholarship: PTDF LSS Scholarship Scheme 2019
- Registered Engineer with COREN
- Member, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Courses Assigned to Teach
- SEN 202 (Software Requirements and Modelling),
- SEN 301 (Software Construction),
- CSC 303 (Computer Systems Laboratory)
- CSC 403 (Computer Hardware Systems Design)
- CSC 515 (Microprocessor Architecture)
- Electrical Engineer II (May 2017- September 2019), Department of Electrical Services, Ministry of Public Utilities;
- Field Engineer (December 2014- April 2017) – Reoc Automation Services, 21 Chikwere Street, Owerri;
- Intern (June 2011- December 2011) – Tech-Aid Engineering Ltd., 2 Chief Bede Nzenwa Avenue, Owerri.
- Embedded Systems
- Cloud Computing
- Web Development
- Renewable Energy Utilization
- Ndinechi, M. C., Uzoechi, L. O., Ogu, R. E., Aliyu, A. and Okoronkwo,C. D. (2022). A Load Control System for Off-grid Renewable Energy Optimization in Healthcare Delivery. 2022 IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica, 2022, pp. 1-3, doi: 10.1109/PowerAfrica53997.2022.9905259.
- Duru, U. I., Wayo, D., Ogu, R. E., Cyril, C. and Nnani, H. (2022). Computational Analysis for Optimum Multiphase Flowing Bottom-Hole Pressure Prediction. Transylvanian Review 30(2). http://transylvanianreviewjournal.com/index.php/TR/article/view/907
- Ogu, R. E., Achumba, I. E., Okoronkwo, C. D., Chukwudebe, G. A., Chukwuchekwa, N. (2022). An IoT Solution for Air Quality Monitoring and Hazard Identification for Smart City Development. 2022 IEEE Nigeria 4th International Conference on Disruptive Technologies for Sustainable Development (NIGERCON), 1-5, doi: 10.1109/NIGERCON54645.2022.9803129.
- Chukwudebe, G. A., Nwoko, C. O., Ayogu, I. I., Ikerionwu, C., Amadi, E. C., &Ogu, R. E. (2022). An Assessment of Household Perceptions of Use of ICT and Improved Methods of Waste Management in Owerri , South – East Nigeria. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, 11(04), 74–79.
- Ogu, R. E., Chukwudebe, G. A., Achumba, I., Chukwuchekwa, N., & Ezenugu, I. A. (2022). A Robust IoT-based Air Quality Monitoring Node for Multi-Location Deployment. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, 11(03), 146–151.
- Ayogu, I. I. and Ogu, R. E. (2021). An Exploratory Study of Periodicity Detection Algorithms for Energy Theft in Smart Grids. 2021 IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica.
- Chukwudebe, G. A., Ogu, R. E. and Fawei, J. E. (2021). Critical Requirements for Sustainable Deployment of IoT Systems in Nigeria. 2020 IEEE 2nd International Conference on Cyberspac (CYBER NIGERIA), 119-126
- Ogu, R. E., Uzoechi, L. O, Mshelia, Y. U., Erike, I. A. and Okoronkwo C. D. (2021). Applicability of Distributed IoT-powered Triage Units in the Management of Infectious Diseases in Developing Countries: The COVID-19 case. 2020 IEEE 2nd International Conference on Cyberspac (CYBER NIGERIA), 11-15
- Ogu, R. E., Ikerionwu, C. and Ayogu, I. I. (2021). Leveraging Artificial Intelligence of Things for Anomaly Detection in Advanced Metering Infrastructures. 2020 IEEE 2nd International Conference on Cyberspac (CYBER NIGERIA), 16-20
- Ogu, R. E., Agwu, D. D. and Ezenugu, I. A. (2019). Anti-Theft System for the Protection of Solar Street Lighting Infrastructure. 2nd International Engineering Conference, pp.254-261. https://ujetmouau.net/ ISBN 978-978-53175-8-9
- Ogu, R. E., Chukwudebe, G. A. and Mbanaso, U. (2019). Mitigating the Harmful Effects of Ransomware: The Amalgamated Approach. 14th International Conference: Smart Nations, Digital Economies and Meaningful Lives, pp.229-235.
- Anyanwu, K. C., Chukwudebe, G. A. and Ogu, R. E. (2018). Development of an Internet of Things Pipeline Monitoring System. World Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, Vol.4 (3). pp.155-167
- Ogu R. E. and Chukwudebe, G. A. (2017). Development of a Cost-Effective Electricity Theft Detection and Prevention System based on IoT Technology. IEEE 3rd International Conference on Electro-Technology for National Development (NIGERCON).
- Ogu, R. E., Nosiri, O. C. and Ezenugu, I. A. (2017). Optimizing the Performance of a Standby Generator using Electronic Sequential Loading System. IEEE 3rd International Conference on Electro-Technology for National Development (NIGERCON).
- Ogu, R. E., Chukwudebe, G. A. and Ezenugu, I. A. (2016). An IoT Based Tamper Prevention System for Electricity Meter, American Journal of Engineering Research, Vol.5(10), pp-347-353,ajer.org
- Dike, D. O., Ogu, R. E., Uzoechi, L. O. and Ezenugu, I. A. (2016). Development of an Internet of Things based Electricity Load Management System. American Journal of Engineering Research, Vol.5(8), pp-199-205. ajer.org
- Dike, D. O., Agwu, D. D., Ogu, R. E., and Afamefule, M.S. (2016). Varactor Modelling for Power Factor Correction in a Varying Load. American Journal of Engineering Research, Vol.5(5), pp-105-108.ajer.org
- Ezenugu, I. A., Ogu, R. E. and Ikwueze, S. N. (2013). Microcontroller Based Water Controller for Optimum Water Supply. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278-0181, Vol. 2(12). www.ijert.org.
Research Gate Profile URL: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Reginald_Ogu
Google Scholar Page URL: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=6QKj8SEAAAAJ&hl=en