B. Eng., M. Eng.
Nkechi Elizabeth Offia-Kalu (Nee Ojinmah) graduated from the famous Federal university of technology Owerri with honors degree in Polymer and Textile Engineering. After her graduation and youth service in 2009, she bags 2 certificate courses in HSE and thereafter joined TOPSAM oil and Gas Limited in Port-Harcourt where she worked as the company’s safety officer for few years. Later she enrolled and bagged a master of engineering degree in Polymer Science and Engineering in 2014. In 2019 she joined the great institution Federal university of Technology Owerri as an assistant lecturer where she serves currently as lecturer II. She is an active registered member of the council for regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, COREN. She has authored and co-authored publications in scientific journals. Her research interest spans from functional polymeric materials for energy applications, molecular simulations of polymeric models to nanotechnology. Nkechi believes that the greatest challenge confronting developing countries is the energy crisis and so she is passionate about finding real time solutions to the problem of energy in Africa. Currently she is a doctoral scholar in the thematic area of material science and engineering at African University of Science and Technology, Abuja Nigeria under the Regional Scholarship and Innovation fund, RSIF-a flagship of Partnership for skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, PASET. Her doctoral studies are focused on using molecular dynamics and DFT studies to understand the structure property relationship of polymer hydrogel electrolytes for Lithium ion batteries.
- B. Eng.
- M. Eng.
- Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, COREN Registered
- Member Polymer Institute of Nigeria, PIN
- Member Institute of Polymer Engineers, IPE
Courses Assigned to Teach
Functional polymeric materials for energy applications, molecular simulations of polymeric models, nanotechnology
- *OjinmahN,Uchechukwu TO, EzehVO,andOgbobe O. Studies on the Effect of Rice Husk Semi-Nano Filler on the Mechanical Properties of Epoxidized Natural Rubber Composite. European Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology, 2017, 4 (3): 164-171
- **Sixtus A. Okafor, Patrick U. Agbasi, Oladimeji T. Azeez, Samuel C. Iwuji, Luvia U. Ezeamaku,Jovita A. Daniel, Maryjane C. Onyeugo, Innocent C. Ekuma, Elizabeth N. Offia-Kalu, Henry C. Okoroego. Thermal Tolerance Phenotype in cdc13-1 exo1 Heterozygous Diploids of S. Cerevisiae is a Dominant Trait 2022.Engineering and Technology Journal 07 (12) 1774-1779 DOI: 10.47191/etj/v7i12.03
- **Sixtus A. Okafor, Innocent O. Eze, Monica Nwaogwugwu1 , Felicity N. Arukalam , Uchenna L. Ezeamaku3 , Nkechi K. Ojinmah , Innocent. C. Ekuma and Ebere O. Eziefuna ,Edith I. Daniel-Nwosu. Fabrication of a Locally Designed Dual Power Supply Hand – Eye Coordination Tester with a Micro controller IC Interface IOSR Journal of Engineering (IOSRJEN) (p): 12 (5), 2278-8719, May. 2022, || Series -II || PP 01-09
- **SC Nwanonenyi,SN Okonkwo , IO Eze , C Nwapa , NE Offia-Kalu , MU Obidiegwu , EE Oguzie Applied Journal of Environmental Engineering. Sciences. 7 N°4(2021) 360-375
- **Chike K. O. Iheaturu N. C. Aharanwa B. C. Ezeamaku L. U. Ojinmah N. E. Uwakwe C. Ojiaku C. I. Fluid Loss and Filtration Properties of a Citrus Sinensis Pectin Extract-based Drilling Mud .DOI: 10.7176/CMR/12-3-03
- ** O.G.Tenebe1*, I.C.Madufor1, M.D.Ayo2, N.Ojinmah Mechanical properties of natural rubber filled with carbonized dikanut shell (Irvingiawombolu) and carbonized rubber seed shell (Heveabrasiliensis)
2013 (MMAIJ), 9(2), [78-84]
Research Gate Profile URL: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nkechi-Ojinmah
Google Scholar Page URL: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=cU4JFb0AAAAJ&hl=en