Rev. Adaka hails from Isoko North L. G. A, Delta State, South South, Nigeria. Rev. Adaka attended the University of Nigeria Nsukka where he obtained B.Sc. Biology (Edu.) and Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike where he obtained M.Sc. and PhD in Fisheries and Hydrobiology.
He joined the services of Federal University of Technology Owerri in 1999 as an Academic support staff (Agric. Superintendent). He was converted Assistant Lecturer in 2010; He teaches undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. Currently; his focus is on the Fish diversity and Fisheries of Oguta Lake and its flood plains and assessing the environmental impact on the biomass. Rev. Dr. Adaka lives in Owerri with his wife, Doris Oghenehkume Godwin Adaka
- HND, 1994 Fisheries and Wildlife Tech. IBB College of Agric. Obubra. Cross River State
- B.Sc, 2004, Biology Education, University of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu.
- M.Sc, 2010, Fisheries and Hydrobiology, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike.
PhD, 2014, Fisheries and Hydrobiology, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike.
- Member, Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON)
- Member, American Fisheries Society (AFS)
- Member, Association for Aquatic Science of Nigeria (AASN)
- Member, Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN)
- Doctoral Degree Study Fellowship (2011), Federal University of Technology, Owerri
Courses Assigned to Teach
Fish Biology, Gear and Craft, Population Dynamics
Courses assigned: Structure of the Nigerian Economy, Management Thought and Philosophy, Management Theory and Practice, Global Economic Environment, Global Procurement and Contract Administration.
- MASHAV International Course on Inland Aquaculture, held at the Maizube Abu Turab International Training Centre, Niger State. 4th -15th June, 2005.
- Abubakar Ibrahim and Godwin Adaka (2022). Nutrient Composition and Organoleptic Assessment of Fish Kilishi from Clarias Glariepinus and Mormyrus Rume. Rev. Syst. Ecol. Res. “The Wetlands Diversity” 24(2): 93 – 100
- Imaobong E. Ekpo1, Ofonmbuk I. Obot, Godwin S. Adaka, Mandu A. Essien-Ibok, & Idongesit I. Joseph (2020). Species Composition and Abundance of Zooplankton in a Freshwater Ecotone in Akwa Ibom State, Southeastern Nigeria. South Asian Research Journal of Agriculture and Fisheries; (2) 4: 118-125.
- Adaka, G. S. and Chinnah1, U. K. (2019). Studies on the hematological parameters of Oreochromis niloticus raised in integrated and non-integrated aquaculture systems. Journal of Wetlands and Waste Management. 3 (1):54-57.
- Adaka, G. S, Ajima, M. N. O., Ezeafulukwe, C. F., Osuigwe, D. I. and Nlewadim, A. A. (2017). Assessment of Heavy Metals in Fish Tissues of Some Fish Species in Oguta Lake, South-Eastern Nigeria. Futo Journal Series (FUTOJNLS) 3 (1): 249-257.
- Adaka, G. S., Ogueri, C., Nwaka, D., Njoku, D. C. and Nlewadim, A. A. (2017). Assessment of Fishing Gear and Catch Rate in Oguta Lake South Eastern Nigeria. Tropical Freshwater Biology, (26):1-7.
- Adaka, G. S., Nlewadim, A. A., and Udoh, J. P. (2016). Diversity and Distribution of Freshwater Fishes in Oguta Lake Southeast Nigeria. Advances in Life Science and Technology 46: 25-32.
- Adaka, G. S. (2016). Morphometrics and Meristics Characteristics of Channidae in Oguta Lake, Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Agric. And Rural Dev. 19(1): 2478-2489.
- Adaka, G. S., A. Nlewadim and C. Ogueri (2010). Physico-chemical parameters of Oramiri-Ukwa River Imo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development (IJARD), Owerri 13 (1)
- Adaka, G.S., Ogueri and A. Nlewadim (2007). Effect of pH and Temperature interactions on the hatching Rate of African Catfish Egg. Animal Production Research Advances, Owerri 3 (2)
- Adaka, G. S., A. Nlewadim, D. Nwaka, C. N. Anyanwu and D. I. Osuigwe (2011) Evaluation of Ichthyo-fauna composition of Oramiri-ukwa River Imo State, Nigeria, Animal Production Research Advances, Owerri, (6) 4 286-290
- Nlewadim, A. A. and Adaka, G. S. (2011). Length-weight relationships of nine fish species from Oramiru-Ukwa River, Imo State, Nigeria. Agric. Journ., 42: 264 268.
Ogueri, C., G. S. Adaka, A. A. Nlewadim and G. N. Ben-Chendo (2010) Comparative Analysis of growth parameters and ages of fish species in River Katsina-Ala, Nigeria. Journal of Fisheries society of Nigeria 10: 26-34.