Mr. J.U. Anaele graduated from Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO), in October, 2007, and completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme (with Certificate) in August, 2009. At present, Mr. J.U. Anaele is married with four children.
As an undergraduate student, J.U. Anaele obtained a placement for Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) at Delta Steel Company Aladja, Delta State. The young student was exposed to the practical knowledge of iron ore mineral processing; iron and steel making via the electric arc furnace route. A knowledge which he found very useful today in the University while teaching Iron and Steel Making Technology (MME 405) at undergraduate level.
My first work experience as an Assistant Service Engineer in Maintenance Unit was that of Tuk Oil Engineering Services Limited Delta State Nigeria, from January, 2010 to August, 2011. The company was an Oil Servicing company and my unit was saddled with the following responsibilities: servicing pressure pumps, valves and pipes; wire-line operation; Non-Destructive Testing of oil tools; and fabrication, protective coatings and safety operations.
Eng. – FUTO (2008)
M.Eng – FUTO (2014)
M.Engr Study fellowship grant offered by Federal University of Technology Owerri- 2014
- Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineering (COREN)
- Corporate Member, Nigeria Society of Engineers (MNSE)
- Corporate Member, Materials Science and Technology Society of Nigeria (MSN)
- Member, Nigerian Metallurgical Society (NMS)
- Graduate Member, Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM)
Courses Assigned to Teach
ENG 207 – Introduction to Engr. Materials
MME 405 – Iron and Steel Making Tech.
MME 411 – Joining and welding Tech
MTE 524 – Industrial Alloys
MTE 528 – Non-Ferrous Metallurgy
MME 515 – Principles of Heat Treatment
9 years post masters teaching experience in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Department, Federal University of Technology Owerri.
New materials design and development particularly in the area of metallic alloys; Materials Characterisation and selection for specific applications; Joining and welding of ferrous and non-ferrous alloys; Iron and steel making.
- Alaneme, K. K., Anaele, J. U., Bodunrin, M. O. (2022). Hot deformation processing of shape memory alloys: A review of effects on plastic flow behaviour, deformation mechanisms, and functional characteristics. Alexandria Engineering Journal, 61, 12759–12783
- K. Alaneme, J. U. Anaele, E. A. Okotete, (2021). Martensite aging phenomena in Cu-based alloys: Effects on structural transformation, mechanical and shape memory properties: A critical review. Scientific African 12 (2021) 1-14. e00760
- Egole, C.P., Nzebuka, G.C., Anaele, J.U., Ukonu, D.C. (2020): Experimental investigation of welding parameters and simulation of heat and fluid flow in weldments. ICESW-2020 Conference Proceedings; Journal of Materials Science and Engineering. https://iopscience.iop.org/issue/ [Paper accepted for publication]
- Anaele, J.U., Egole, C. P., Nzebuka, G.C., Nnodum, A.N., (2019). “Effect of Electrode Coating on Austenitic Stainless Steel Weld Metal Properties” Journal of Advanced Material Research. Vol. 1152, pp 19 – 30.
- Anaele, J.U. (2019): Effect of electrode type on the solidification cracking of ASS weldment. M. Eng. Thesis, Submitted 2014 @Federal University of Technology Owerri. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing. 172 Pages.
- Alaneme, K.K., Okotete, E.A., Anaele, J.U. (2018): Structural vibration mitigation – a concise review of the capabilities and applications of Cu and Fe based shape memory alloys in civil structures. Journal of Building Engineering. Volume 22, Pages 22-32.
- Ugwuegbu, C. C.; Ogbonna, A. I.; Ikele, U. S.; Anaele, J. U.; Ochieze, U. P.; Onwuegbuchulam, A. (2017): Design, Construction and Performance Analysis of a 5 Kg Laboratory Ball Mill. Global Journal of Researches in Engineering: A Mechanical and Mechanics Engineering. Volume 17, Issue 2, pp. 27 – 41.
- Anaele, J.U., Onyemaobi, O. O., Nwobodo, C.S., Ugwuegbu, C.C., (2015). “Effect of Electrode Types on the solidification cracking susceptibility of Austenitic Stainless Steel Weld Metal” International Journal of Metals. Vol. 2015, pp. 1– 7.
- Igwemezie, V.C., Ugwuegbu, C.C., Anaele, J.U., Agu, P.C. (2015). ‘Review of Physical Metallurgy of Creep Steel for the Design of Modern Steam Power Plants – Fundamental Theories and Parametric Models’. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review. Vol. 8, Issue 5, pp. 84 – 94.
- Anaele, J.U., Onyemaobi, O. O., Nwobodo, C.S., Ugwuegbu, C.C., (2014). “Effect of Electrode Types on the strain hardening exponent of Austenitic Stainless Steel Weldment” IREJEST. Vol. 11, pp 29 – 39.
- Njoku, C. E., Udomon, H., Ugwuegbu, C. C., Anaele, J. U., Ikele, U. S., (2014). “Characterization of the Mechanical Properties of Alloys with SiC Dispersants” International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES), Volume 3 Issue 9, pp. 69-73.
- Onyeneke, F. N., Anaele, J. U., Ugwuegbu, C. C. (2014). “Production of Motor Vehicle Brake Pad Using Local Materials (Periwinkle and Coconut Shell)” International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES), Volume 3 Issue 8, pp. 17-24.