Membership of Professional Bodies
- Biotechnology Society of Nigeria
2019 till date – Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO)
Job post: Assistant lecturer
- To support the design, development and production of learning and teaching material and deliver either across a range of modules or within a subject area.
- Delivery of teaching programmes in accordance with the University’s strategy, policy and procedures.
- Lead on all aspects of this work including publicity, briefing of participants and ensuring student payments, to evaluation and dissemination of activities both nationally and internationally.
- Support the Head of Student Engagement and other members of the team in other related activities such as welcome week, student surveys and module evaluation.
2017 -2018 – Npower volunteer
Job Post: Biology Teacher
Main duty in the above post includes
- Develop and initiate biology teaching materials and course content as well as deliver lectures to students on living organisms and things.
- Teach students how cells function in relation to their environments.
- Teach and encourage students to conduct experiments in biology.
- Develop and integrate illustrative concepts in biology teaching methods.
- Design and develop classroom assignments and programs in biology.
- Provide stimulating learning experiences to students in biology.
- Conduct examinations and grade students in biology.
- Assist faculty in their daily tasks and activities.
- Maintain appropriate records, materials, equipment and facilities.
2015-2016 – Niger Delta University, Department of Pharmacology
Job Post: Research Assistant (NYSC Posting).
As a corp member, I functioned as an Assistant Research Scientist. I was attached to Professor, Hope Obianwu in carrying out laboratory research. Main duties in the above post include to
- Prepare samples for testing using various laboratory equipment.
- Maintain all laboratory records.
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
- Conduct laboratory tests, analyze results and document your findings.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Document all activities, results and report back to management.
- Clean and sterilize equipment and work area.
- Collect and prepare research and information needed for studies.
- Classify and label samples.
- Undertake basic administrative tasks such as filing and answering telephones.
Plant epigenetic mechanism under stress condition, plant breeding, molecular cytogenetics and transposable elements.