DEPARTMENT OF SOIL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PGD, MSc AND PhD DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A. OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAMMES
To develop and equip the student with the professional competence required to understand and evaluate many agricultural production problems related to soil condition
- • Admission Requirement for PGD Programme
- i. Candidates should hold a first degree from FUTO or any other recognized University in Agriculture or related discipline
- ii. Candidates with HND (Upper Credit) in Agriculture or related discipline are eligible for admission.
- iii. Candidates in Biological Science and who hold a Senior Professional appointment in Agriculture are eligible for admission.
- • Admission Requirements for M.Sc Programme
- i. Bachelor’s Degree (CGPA of 2.5 on the scale of 5.0 or its equivalent) from FUTO or any other recognized University in soil science
- ii. Bachelor’s Degree from FUTO or any other recognized University plus a PGD in the related areas.
- iii. Any other qualifications as may be approved by the University Senate.
- • Admission Requirements for PhD Programme
- i. Master’s Degree (with a CGPA of 4.0 on a scale of 5.0) or its equivalent from FUTO or any other approved university of an equivalent standard
- ii. Any other qualification as the University Senate may from time to time recognize.
- B. DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
- PGD Programme: The programme shall run for a minimum of 2 semesters and a maximum of 4 semesters for full-time students. For part-time students, the programme will run for a minimum of 4 semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters.
- M.Sc Programme: Two modes of study are available, namely full time and part time bases. The full-time programme for M.Sc. shall run for a minimum of 3 semesters (18 months) and a maximum of 6 semesters (36 months). The duration of the part-time programme is a minimum of 4 semesters (24 months) and a maximum of 8 semesters (48 months).
- PhD Programme: For the PhD programme, the full time shall run for a minimum of 6 semesters (3 years) and a maximum of 12 semesters (6 years). For the part-time programme, there shall be a minimum duration of 8 semesters (4 years) and a maximum of 16 semesters (8 years). Award of a PhD degree, apart from coursework of not less than 9 units per semester, shall require a well-research and groundbreaking Thesis and dissertation.
Our PG Academic Staff