Prof. Atulegwu Patrick Uzoije
Prof. Atulegwu Patrick Uzoije
BSc., MSc., PhD
- PhD Civil Engineering with bias in Environmental Engineering
University of Nigeria Nsukka 2008
- M-Eng Civil Engineering with bias in Environmental Engineering
University of Port-Harcourt 2000
- B-Eng Chemical Engineering
Enugu State University of Technology 1996
- Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSCHE)
- Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE),
- Environmental Society of Nigeria (NES)
- Nigerian institution of Environmental Engineering (NIEE)
Courses Assigned to Teach
- Sulphanation Plant Attendant and Lab Technician Lever Brothers’ Nig PLC Apapa Lagos
(Industrial Training) 1993
- Field Engineer Assistant under the Department; Corrosion Control of Pipelines, Sandblasting and
- Environmental Control (NYSC Funjikey Nig. Ltd Aba Road Port- Harcourt 1997-98
- lecturer (2001) to a Professor (2017) Fed Univ. of Tech Owerri,
Sabbatical Experience with chevron limited Nigeria limited (CNL)
- Reviewed over 210 reports which include; Environmental Monitoring (EM), Environmental Management Plan (EMP) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), compliance monitoring Reports, Pre-inspection of crude oil impacted site projects, and Post clean-up inspection(PCI) reports
- Review of Engineered Landfill design.
- Played Role as the Engineered landfill building project team; Head team for design specification compliance and quality control and quality assurance of the projects
- Writing of scope of work for Environmental Remediation and Restoration of crude oil impacted site projects, EIA, EM, EMP, PCI
- Capability assessment of consultants and technical bids.
- Participated in the monitoring compliance of quality of discharged gaseous and produced water
Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship
Michael A. Nwachukwu Leonard I. NwosuPatrick A. Uzoije Christian A. Nwoko (2017). 1D resistivity inversion technique in the mapping of igneous intrusives; A step to sustainable quarry development. Journal of Sustainable Mining.
Chukwudi Celestine Egwuonwu, Atulegwu Patrick Uzoije (2009). A comparative analysis of coconut, palm frond and palm stem fibers as erosion control materials on embankments. Journal of Agricultural Science and Environment
AP Uzoije, LO Uzoigwe, CIO Kamalu (2101). Activated Orange Meso-Carp Carbon (AOMC); An Acceptable Remediation Techniques for Crude Oil Pollution Effect. Research Journal of Applied Sciences Engineering and Technology.
Atulegwu Patrick Uzoije1, Clifford O. Kamalu2, Uzuakpundu Basil (2015). Adsorption kinetics and Mechanisms of Cypermethrin and Dichlorovos on Heterogeneous Activated Carbon Porous Media
A.P Uzoije, Okolie Justus, P, C Njoku. (n.d). Adsorption of copper (11) ion on heterogeneous surfaces of selected low-cost precursors; an application of isotherm, thermodynamic and kinetic models. Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology (JMEST).
C.I.O Kamalu, Atulegwu Patrick Uzoije (2012). Adsorption thermodynamics of Carbofran and Basubine activated pelecypode. J. Sci., Engr Tech
Uzoije Atulegwu Patrick, Uche Cosmas Chinedu, Ashiegbu Darlington (2014). Analysis of Thermodynamics, kinetics and equilibrium isotherm on Fe3+/Fe2+ Adsorption onto palm kernel shell activated carbon (PKSAC): A Low-Cost adsorbent. American Chemical Science journal (ACSJ).
Onunkwo, A. A., Nwankwo, G. I., Uzoije, A. P. and Okereke C. N. (2014). Application of Geographic Information System (GIS) in Accurecy assessment of existing land use Map A case study of Enugu Area, South-Eastern Nigeria. American Journal of Environmental Engineering.
Onunkwo-A, S.O Onykuru, A.P UZOIJE (2012). Application of geographic information system (GIS)in composite land capability index mapping f a developing country (a case study of Enugu area, south-eastern, Nigeria). Global Jour. Of Engg. & Tech.
Onunkwo-A, A., Uzoije, A. P and Onyekuru, S.O (2011). Application of geographic information system (GIS)in industrial land capability index mapping of a developing country. A case study of Enugu area, south-eastern Nigeria. international journal of current research.
Uzoije A.P (2009). Assessment of methane-yielding capacity of animal Wastes Sourced from different locations. Nigerian Journal of renewable energy.
Njoku, J.D, G.C Okolie, A.P Uzoije, M.C Iwuji (2006). Assessment of Multi-band Capabilities in the detection of built-up areas in northwestern Nigeria. Journal of Applied sciences.
Onunkwo, A, A, Uzoije, A.P, Darlington Ashiegbu, Cosmas C. Uche (2014). Comparative Analysis of the Quality of the Shallow and Deep Aquifer Waters of Nsukka SE, Nigeria – A Preliminary Approach to Water Resource Development. Elixir Geoscienc.
Atulegwu Patrick uzoije1, Luke uzoigwe, Erick otuonye, Clifford O Kamalu, Austine Onunkwo-Akunne (2013). Modeling lateral Distribution Of Heavy Metal And Bio-Accumulation In Earthworm In The Varying Acidic Surface Horizon Of Waste-Polluted Soil. International Journal of Energy Engineering.
- I. Kamalu, N. C. Nnebue, *I. K. Madu, F. L. Kamen, E. E. Effiong, J. I. Obibuenyi, A. P. Uzoije (2015) Modeling of Nigerian Peak petroleum Resources Depletion using Turbulent flow and dead time. International Journal of Applied Chemical Sciences Research.
- A. Edo, C. C. Ejiogu, A. P. Uzoije, M. A. Nwachukwu and C. G. Okoli (2014). Impact of open sewage dumpsites on groundwater quality in igwuruta, rivers state, Nigeria. Journal of Global Biosciences.
Uzoije A.P., Onunkwo, A, A., Ibeneme, S.I and Obioha, E.Y. (2014). Hydrogeology of Nsukka Southeast- A Preliminary Approach To Water Resources Development. American Journal of Engineering Research.
Pascal C. Njoku1, Atu A. Ayuk1, Atulegwu P. Uzoije, Justus I. Okolie (2015). Equilibrium, Thermodynamic and Kinetic Studies on Adsorption of Zinc (II) From Solutions Using Different Low-Cost Adsorbents. American Journal of Chemistry and Applications.
Onunkwo – A, A, Uzoije A.P, Onyekuru, S, O (2014). Engineering properties and uses of soils derived from Maastritchtian Ajali formation (A case study of Okigwe Area, SE Nigeria). British Journal of Environmental Sciences
Uzoije Atulegwu Patrick, and Uche Cosmas (2016). Studying and Modeling Dynamic Adsorption of Lead (II) ion onto Fixed Bed Column of Science Journal Publication Activated Carbon of Plantain Peels and Bamboo. Science Journal of Environmental Engineering Research
Uzoije, Atulegwu Patrick, Uche Cosmas C., Enwereuzo Uzo. andGeorge Raphael (2015). Suitability Assessment of shallow Groundwater of a typical Coastal Aquifer for Irrigation Use; A water quality Index model Aproach. IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering.
Egwuonwu C.C, Uzoije A.P, Okafor, V. C, Egwuonwu Helen (2012). Use of Goefiber (Coconut fiber) in Erosion Control on Embankments.
Uzoije A, P. (2007). Utilization of Erosion model in quantifying the pollution load delivery to receiving waters of Nigeria; a case of Anambra-Imo river basin Authority Rice field Ndiebe. The Heart Land Engineers
Uzoije , A.P, Uzondu F.N, Agu P. C. (2011). Vaporization model of varying crude oil characteristics. Journal of Environmental Science and Technology.
Uzoije , A.P and Ezenaobi (2018). Adsorption and distribution of selected high molecular weight Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon in a typical costal sand deposit. Journal of Engineering and applied science
Nwachukwu, M.A, and Uzoije A.P. (2018). A Mathematical Approach to Measurement of Academic Visibility in Universities. Annals of review and reseach
Owuama, C, O Uzoije A.P. (2005). Waste Disposal and Ground Water Quality ; A Case of Owerri Nig. J. ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS,
Uzoije A.P. (2008). Vaporization kinetics of Nigeria crude oil from different soil samples of Niger delta. Agricultural Journal
CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- Biennial Engineering conference on ‘Decay in infrastructure- A challenge to science and Engineering research in realizing vision 20-2020 held in federal university of Technology Mina Niger state 26th -28th June 2008.
- Prediction of rill Erosion in Abia state South Eastern Nigeria;
A case of Arochukwu local government area. Proceeding of second international conference on sustainable development held at Niger hall C.E.C University of Nigeria Nsukka Nigeria by August 5-8 2008 2 (4) 70-74
- One- day workshop on Geographic Information Science (GIS) as a tool for efficient service deliver in work places
At the SEET conference room of Federal University of Technology Owerri on July, 2008.
- FUTO International Conference on ‘Renewable and Alternative energy’ held in the hall of mercy of federal university of Technology Owerri between March 29-April 2, 2009
- International conference on research and development held at the theater hall of university of Abuja between 6th – 9th April 2010.
Assessment of methane-yielding capacity of animal waste sourced from different locations. A paper presented at the international conference on Renewable and Alternative Energy, held in the FUTO senate chambers between 16th -17th may 2010