Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology,
Federal University of Technology, PMB 1526, Owerri, Nigeria.
Dr E. T. Adebayo hails from Emure LGA of Ekiti State, South West Nigeria. He bagged B. Sc (Hons) in Zoology from the University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria in 2005, and further to the University of Ibadan, Ibadan Nigeria where He specialized in Hydrobiology and Fisheries and bagged Master Degree (2009) and PhD degree (2018) with focus on “The Assessment of Physico-Chemical Parameters, Plankton, Benthic Macro-invertebrates, and Fish Fauna of Itapaji Reservoir, Itapaji, Ekiti State, Nigeria”.
He joined the services of the Federal University of Technology Owerri in 2013 as an Assistant Lecturer, following his resignation as Lecturer I and the pioneer Head of Department of Fisheries Technology, Crown Polytechnic, Ado – Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria in 2013. He is a consultant to Foremost Development Service Limited; Nigeria on Higher Conservation Value (HCV), and D-Noble Global Ventures (Fish Farmers and Environmental Consultants), Nigeria. Currently, his research interest is on the high conservation values of aquatic habitats and assessing the environmental impact on the biomass. Dr E. T. Adebayo is blessed with a beautiful wife, Olumide Sefunmi ADEBAYO, and presently with a Son- Aanu (Mercy) A. ADEBAYO, and hoping for more.
Academic Adviser (2015 – Date)
- Professional Member, Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON)
- Professional Member, Society for Toxicology and Pollution Mitigation (SETPOM)
- Member, Association of Fish Farmers of Nigeria (AFFAN)
- Member, Cat-Fish Farmers Association of Nigeria (CAFAN)
PRIMARY TEACHING AREA
Limnology, Water quality management and Pollution control, Aquatic Fauna and Flora, Fish Biology, Fish Diseases and Control, and Ornamental Fisheries and Aquarium Design and Construction
A temporal and Spatial analysis in Hydrobiology/Limnology and Fisheries
Reviewer: International Journal of Innovative Studies in Aquatic Biology and Fisheries. – 2017-date
Member: National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) Resource persons on accreditation in Fisheries Technology – 2017-date
- Adebayo, E.T. and Ayoade, A.A.A. 2018. Bio-assessment of ecological health Status of Itapaji Reservoir, Itapaji, South-western Nigeria. Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology. 12(3)- (in press)
- Adebayo, E.T. and Ayoade, A.A.A. 2018. The Limnological assessment of the Plankton assemblage of Itapaji Reservoir, Itapaji, South-western Nigeria. Egyptian Academic Journal of Biological Science B.Zoo (in press).
- Ogueri, C., Adebayo, E.T. and Nwaiwu, V.N.C. 2018. Assessment of heavy metals in fish species and some physicochemical parameters of Oguta Lake, Oguta, Imo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Hydrology 2(2): 116-119.
- Adebayo, E.T. and Ayoade, A.A.A. 2017. Assessment of Physico-chemical Parameters of Itapaji Reservoir, Itapaji, South-western Nigeria. Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management 10(10): 1284-1297.
- Adebayo, E.T., C-Oluwatosin, T.J., and Nneji, P.C. 2017. Limnological assessment of heavy metals concentration in water and sediment of Oguta Lake, South-eastern Nigeria, Nigeria. International Journal of Innovative Studies in Aquatic Biology and Fisheries 3(3): 18–22.
- Ebeniro, L.A; Adebayo E.T; Oyediran, A.G; Uche F.O; and Kalejaiye R.B (2016).Growth response of Clarias gariepinus fingerlings to different concentrations of probiotics in the culture media. Nigerian Agricultural Journal 47(1):377-82
- Adebayo, E.T., Ebeniro, L.A., Oyediran, A.G., and C-Oluwatosin, T.J. (2016). An Assessment of some Heavy Metals in Sediment of Otamiri River, Imo State, South-Eastern Nigeria, Nigeria. Open Access Library Journal, Vol. 3, Issue 1, Pp1-6,
- Adebayo, E.T., Ebeniro, L.A., Oyediran, A.G., and C-Oluwatosin, T.J. (2016). An Assessment of Benthic Macro-invertebrate Fauna in Middle Course of Otamiri River, Imo State, South-Eastern Nigeria, Nigeria. International Journal of Innovative Studies in Aquatic Biology and Fisheries (IJISABF) Volume 2, Issue 1, PP 29-35
- Ogbuagu, D.H., Adebayo, E.T., Ayoade, A.A., Ugwu, O.B., and Mba, D.O. (2015). Lead Accumulation in and its haematological effects on African catfish Clarias gariepinus, African Journal of Aquatic Science, Pp 1-4.
- Ogbuagu, D.H., Adebayo, E.T., and Iwuchukwu, E.I. (2014). The Role of Oxygen in degradation of Hydrocarbons in Sediment of an Estuary in Nigeria. Journal of Water Resources and Ocean Science, Volume 3(4): 45-50p.