CAREER OPPORTUNITIES OF THE GRADUATES
The programme will produce graduates that will reasonably fill in the gaps existing in teaching and research, hospitals, other work environments and emergency situations, even as self-employed. Career opportunities include:
- Lecturing/Tutoring/Teaching opportunities: for Physiology or Human Biology at various educational institutions for medics and paramedics.
- Health and Safety- related Research opportunities: as Research Scientists/ Officers, including as Safety pharmacologists.
- Medical Measurement professionals: as Cardio-Physiologists, Neurophysiologists, Respiratory Physiologists, Nephro-Physiologists, Gastrointestinal/Nutrition Physiologists, Auditory Physiologists, Embryologist, Reproductive Physiologists, Endocrinologists, etc.
- Heart-Lung Machine Operation experts: as Theatre Physiologists who are indispensable during open heart surgery.
- Professionals in special physiological assessments using Spirometer, ECG, EEG, EMG, et
- Physiotherapy, fitness and Sports management opportunities: as Exercise or Sports Physiologists
- Occupational Health and Safety management opportunities: as Occupational Physiologists assessing and advising workers or prospective employees (during job recruitment/training/promotion/retirement) in diverse industries, sports, aerospace and other workplaces.
- Public Health and Safety management opportunities: as Health educators; Disease screening/diagnosis Scientists; Health monitors, Evaluation and Planning Scientists; Emergency Management Services; Health Promotion advisors, Fitness or Safety Advisors.
- Food, Pharmaceutical and allied Products Marketing opportunities: as Company Representatives and Research and Development Officers.
- Journalism opportunities: as Fitness, Health or Human Safety writers/presenters.
- Environmental Safety opportunities: as in aviation (Aerospace Physiologists), sea diving, mining, sports in different altitudes, and other workplaces in varying environments.
- HSE, HIA and EIA consultancy opportunities.