The School of Agriculture and Agricultural Sciences (SAAT) was established to train students in Agriculture and Related Sciences, to equip them with skills and knowledge in Agricultural Technologies. The School through the Departments runs the five-year Bachelor of Agricultural Technology (B. Agric-Tech.) Degree programmes, Post Graduate Diploma (PGD), the Master of Science (MSc), and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degrees in different fields of Agriculture. Graduates of the school are equipped with the requisite knowledge for research and development in agricultural technologies, commercial farm management and extension services. The SAAT Teaching and Research Farm facility, a major component of the school facilitates the practical training and research capabilities of students. The school also operates viable linkages with the industry in a bid to produce competent graduates who can fit appropriately into the global marketplace.
SAAT is endowed with quality teaching, technical and non-teaching support staff dedicated to fulfilling the mandate of the school. Some of these staff have attracted consistent external funding for their research resulting in the achievement of practical and award-winning results in their areas of study.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Community Primary School Umuopara Nguru Mbaise Imo State, Nigeria.
- Secondary Technical School Afara- Ukwu Umuahia Abia State, Nigeria.
- Emekuku High School Emekuku, Owerri
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- First School Leaving Certificate (Credit), 1976
- West African School Certificate (2nd Division),1983
- B. Agric. Tech. (Agric. Econs. and Extension) (Second Class (Hons.) Upper Division, 1989
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) Agric. Economics, 1991
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.), 2000