Associate Professor, Biochemistry Department
Dr Adamma A. Emejulu
Dr Adamma Emejulu hails from Awka-Etiti in Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State. She obtained the B.Sc (Hons.) degree in Applied Biochemistry from the former Anambra State University of Technology (ASUTECH), Awka- Campus, which is now Nnamdi Azikiwe University (NAU) Awka. She proceeded for her M.Sc. degree in Pharmacology and Therapeutics Department of the University of Ibadan. There, she did some cutting edge research on human malaria parasites at the Postgraduate Institute for Medical Research and Training ( PIMRAT), University College Hospital, Ibadan. Her studies on ‘Renal Function in Acute Falciparum Malaria in African Children were among the pioneer studies on the efficacy of Artemether injection in Nigeria and was presented during the WHO/TDR – Institutional Strengthening Programme and symposium on collaborative research in Tropical Diseases in Nigeria, Ibadan 1995. She obtained her MSc. Degree in 1997 and a PhD in Biochemistry, FUTO in 2012. She is an Associate Professor of Biochemistry with a special interest in communicable and non-communicable disease co-morbid conditions. Her research focuses on the development of creative solutions to improve the healthcare of these co-morbid conditions (HIV/diabetes, HIV/CHD/malaria, Diabetes/CHD, arthritic conditions etc.).
Traditional African medicine holds a lot of potentials for addressing old and emerging infectious diseases, hence ethnopharmacology and toxicology are major areas of focus for her with a view to developing novel preparations and identifying functional foods (nutraceuticals) for combating diseases. She also has an interest in Molecular Biology and Forensic science. Currently, she is looking at the synthesis of nanoparticles from our locally available plant products and their use in combating infectious and non-communicable diseases.
Dr Emejulu is an astute leader and has headed many associations. Her performance at the Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World(OWSD) FUTO chapter, led to her election as the first Southeast zonal coordinator of OWSD by the national congress in July 2017. She coordinated the first International conference of OWSD, Southeast zone at COOU, Igbariam late that same year; hosted the 2nd International conference of OWSD, Southeast zone in FUTO in 2019 and will co-host the 5th Biennial International conference of OWSD, Nigeria in MOUA, Umudike in July 2020. Presently, she is the Deputy Director of the Centre for Continuing Education ( CCE ), FUTO.
Dr Emejulu is a calm, humble and firm person. She has published widely in national and international journals and books and has supervised numerous undergraduate and postgraduate studies. She is highly ethical and is happily married with children.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Medical / Pharmacological Biochemistry, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) 2012.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree in Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Ibadan, September 1997
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Hons. Applied Biochemistry, Anambra State University of Technology, (ASUTECH) Enugu, 1988.
- Federal University of Technology Study Fellowship, 2007.
- Federal University of Technology Research Grant, 2009.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Zonal Coordinator, Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) South- East, Nigeria. 2017- To date
- Host, 2nd International Conference/Workshop of the Organisation for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD), Southeast Zone, FUTO 2019.
- Coordinator, 1st International Conference of the Organisation for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD), Southeast Zone, COOU, Igbariam 2017.
- Public Relations Officer, Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) FUTO chapter, 2014- 2018.
- Member, West African Society for Pharmacology, 1999- Till date
- Member, Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (NSBMB) October, 2001-Till date.
- Member, Nigeria Society for Experimental Biology (NISEB). 2016- To date.
- Member, International AIDS Society (IAS), Geneva. 2008 – To date.
- Member, Chemical Society of Nigeria (CSN) 2016- To date.
- Member, Reading Association of Nigeria, 2002 –To date.
Course Code and Courses:
- BCH 306 – Membrane Biochemistry
- BCH 308 – Biosynthesis of Macromolecules
- BCH 309 – Introduction to Immunology and Immunochemistry
- BCH 312 – Introduction to Clinical Chemistry
- BCH 405 – Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
- BCH 411 -Pharmacological Biochemistry
- BCH 505 – Seminar Topics in Biochemistry
- BCH 508 -Research Project
- BCH 512 – Xenobiotics and Forensic Biochemistry
- BCH 609 – Advanced Concepts in Biochemistry
- BCH 611 – Advanced Pharmacological Biochemistry
- BCH 621 – Forensic Biochemistry
- BCH 721 – Advanced Forensic Biochemistry
- BCH 612 -Advanced Molecular Pharmacology
- BCH 614 – Biochemistry of Parasitic Diseases
- Deputy Director, Centre for Continuing Education, FUTO (2018 – Till date )
- Member, School of Biological Science Ethical Committee.
- University Teaching: 1999— To date
- Reader (Associate Professor), Department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (October 2015 – Till date).
- Teaches both postgraduate and undergraduate biochemistry students.
- Supervises postgraduate and undergraduate projects and Seminars.
- Serves as academic advisor to the 2011/2012 biochemistry students.
- Participates in both Departmental and School Board activities.
- Represents the Dean School of Biological Sciences at the School of Basic Medical Sciences’ Board Meetings.
- Departmental Post-graduate Co-ordinator (2017-2018).
- Works together with the Head of Department to ensure admission of suitably qualified students for post-graduate studies in the Department.
- Becomes the academic advisor to the postgraduate students for the period.
- Works together with the Head of Department, to distribute courses to the post-graduate lecturers.
- Prepares lecture time-table for the academic session.
- Ensures smooth take-off of academic activities by post-graduate students, by monitoring teaching by lecturers.
- Co-ordinates semester examinations by post-graduate students.
- Allocates supervisors to post-graduate students in conjunction with the Head of Department.
- Departmental Project/Seminar Coordinator (2011- 2018).
- Allocates supervisors to all prospective final year students of the department before they go for industrial training.
- Ensures a smooth take-off and seamless relationship between students and their supervisors.
- Organizes seminar presentation by the final year students when they return from SIWES.
- Coordinates project defence by final year students at the end of their degree examination.
- Handles any other activity assigned to me by the Head of Department.
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (2012 –2015).
- Taught both postgraduate and undergraduate biochemistry students.
- I supervised postgraduate and undergraduate projects and Seminars.
- Served as academic advisor to the 2011/2012 biochemistry students.
- Participated in both Departmental and School Board activities.
- Became the Departmental Project /Seminar Co-ordinator for undergraduate students.
- Lecturer I, Department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (2006- 2012).
- Lecturer II, Department of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Technology, Owerri; (2002- 2006).
- Assistant Lecturer, Department of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (1999- 2001).
- Science Editor, Afrika-Link Books, a division of Afrika-Link Communications Limited, Ibadan, 1992-2018.
- Communicable and non-communicable diseases ( Malaria, HIV infection / AIDS; Diabetes, CHD etc.)
- Co-morbid conditions ( HIV/Diabetes, Diabetes/ CHD, HIV/ Malaria etc.)
- Medicinal Plant Research.
- Environmental Biochemistry
WORKSHOPS AND SELF DEVELOPMENT TRAINING :
- Workshop on Microsoft Excel+Analyze-it- for construction of mathematical graphs and statistics (FUTO Consult, 2010).
- Workshop on ‘Grant-Winning Research Proposal Writing’ organized by the Centre for Agricultural Research (CAR), FUTO for Research Associates / Scientists. 23rd January 2013.
- Workshop on ‘University Research Enterprise – From Research Conceptualization, Incubation to Research Translation’ organized by the Centre for Research and International Development, FUTO from May 31st – June 1st, 2016.
- ‘Gene Expression Analysis’, a hands-on workshop organized by the Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology during her 35th annual conference at Covenant University, Ota. October 31 st-1st November 2016.
- ‘Synthesis, Characterization and application of Nanoparticles’. A hands-on workshop organized by the Nanotechnology Research Group of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology(LAUTECH) Ogbomoso, Oyo State. August 21st– 24th, 2017.
- ‘Application of Nanotechnology to Energy, Environment, Agriculture and Health’ A hands-on workshop organized by the Nano Research Group, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. In collaboration with Oilserve Limited Group of Companies, during the 3rd African Nano Conference / Workshop 15th-21st July 2018 UNN.
- ‘Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics Workshop’. A hands-on workshop held by the Resistant Infections Research Group in collaboration with INQUABA BIOTEC WEST AFRICA at University of Nigeria, Nsukka from 7th– 11th May 2018.
- Emejulu, A. A.(2001). Glomerular Filteration Rate Estimation in acute Plasmodium falciparum malaria in a selected African Children. West African Society of Pharmacology and Drug Research.Vol.17 pg 40-46.
- Emejulu, A. A.(2006).Sodium Level Assays in Children with Acute Uncomplicated Falciparum Malaria. International J. Environ. Health and Human Dev. Vol 6(2) : 34-38.
- Ibekwe, V.I., Ewelike, N.C., Amajuoyi,C.A. and Emejulu, A. A.(2006). Microbiological and Physico-Chemical quality of Aba River polluted with effluents from a bottling company. International J Natural and Applied Sciences,2(4):388-391. http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/
- Alisi, C.S., Emejulu, A. A., Alisi, P.Nc., Nwogu, L.N. and Onyema, O. O.(2008).Decreased cardiovascular risk and resistance to hyperlipidemia-induced hepatic damage in rats by aqueous extract of Urtica dioica.African Journal of Biochemistry Research Vol.2 (4), pp. 102 – 106.URL: www.academicjournals.org/
AJBRISSN: 1996-0778.Publishers: Academic Journals.
- Nwogu, L.A.,Igwe,C.U. and Emejulu,A.A.(2008). Effects of Landolphia owariensis leaf extract on the liver function profile and hemoglobin concentration of albino rats. African Journal of Biochemistry Research Vol. 2(12)pp 240-242.www.academicjournals.
org/AJBR ISSN 1996-0778.
- Emejulu, A.A., Ujowundu, C.O., Igwe, C.U. and Onwuliri, V.A. (2010). Hepatotoxicity of Antiretroviral Drugs in HIV Seropositive Nigerian Patients. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 4 (9): 4275- 4278. ISSN 1991-8178. INSInet Publication.
- Emejulu, A. A., Ojiako, O. A. and Onwuliri, V.A. (2010). Possible Biochemical and Anthropometric Indices of Overweight and Obesity in Owerri Metropolis, Imo State, Nigeria. Nigerian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Vol. 25 (1),pp 31– 38.www.njbmb.researchjournals.
org ISSN 0189-4757
- Nwogu, L. A. and Emejulu, A. A. (2010). Evaluation of the toxicity of cyanogens in a commonly consumed Nigeria legume pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan) seed and its biochemical effects in rabbits. International Journal of Biological and Chemical Sciences4(5) : 1435 – 1441.http://indexmedicus.afro.
who.int ISSN 1991-8631.
- Nnodim, J., Emejulu, A., Amaechi, A. and Nwosunjoku, E. (2010). Alterations in Biochemical Parameters of Wister Rats administered with Sulfadoxine and Pyrimethamine (FansidarR). Al Ameen J Med. Sci. vol. 3 No. 4 : 317- 321.ISSN 0974-1143
- Ujowundu, C. O., Kalu, F.N., Emejulu, A.A., Okafor, O.E. and Nwosunjoku, E.C. (2010). Evaluation of the chemical composition of Mucuna utilis leaves used in herbal medicine in Southeastern Nigeria. African Journal of Pharmacology vol. 4 (11).www.academicjournals.org/
- Emejulu, A.A., Onwuliri, V.A. and Ojiako, O.A (2011). Electrolyte Abnormalities and Renal Impairment in Asymptomatic HIV-infected Patients in Owerri, South Eastern Nigeria. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 5(3) : 257-260. INSInet Publications. ISSN 1991-8178.
- Nnodim, J. and Emejulu, A.A. (2011). The protective role of Gongronema latifolium in acetaminophen induced hepatic toxicity in Wistar rats. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine vol 1 issue 2, Pages S151–S154.www.elsevier.com/
locate/apjtb Science Direct.
- Nnodim J., Emejulu, A. A., Amaechi, A. and NwosuNjoku, E. C. (2011). Influence of Xylopia aethiopica Fruits on some Haematological and Biochemical Profile of Wistar rats. Al Ameen J Med Sci 4(02):191-196.
- Nnodim, J., Emejulu, A. A.,Ihim, A. and Udujih, H.I. (2012). Influence of Gongronema Latifolium on some Biochemical Parameters in Alloxan Induced Diabetes. International Journal of Analytical, Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciencesvol 1 Page: 13-17. Available online at www.ijapbs.com ISSN: 2278-0246
- Igwe, C.U., Ojiako, A.O., Emejulu, A.A. and Iweke, A.V.( 2012). Phytochemical Analysis of plants traditionally used in malaria treatment in southeastern Nigeria. Journal of Research in Biochemistry1:015 – 022. www.ficuspublishers.com/JRBC.
- Nwaogu, L.A., Ibegbulem, C.O.,Igwe, C.U., Emejulu, A.A., Okwu G.N. and Belonwu, D.C. (2012). Iodine and Goitrogen Contents of Some Selected Food Seasonings Consumed in Nigeria. Journal of Research in Biochemistry. 1:036-041.www.ficuspublishers.
- Nwoguikpe, R.N., Alisi, C.S. Ujowundu, C. O. and Emejulu, A. A. (2012). The synergistic effect of some antisickling agents. Instasci Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2(1):18-26.URL:http://www.
instasci.infoISSN: 2277- 6958Publishers:InstaSciJournal s India.
- Emejulu, A.A., Alisi, C.S., Asiwe, S.E., Iheanacho, K.M. and Onwuliri, V.A. (2014). Hypolipidemic effect of Irvinga.gabonensis fruits juice on sodium fluoride induced dyslipidemia in rats. Afr. Journ. Bchm. Res. 8(8): 151-157. URL:www.academicjournals.org/
AJBR DOI: 10.5897/AJBR2014.0782. F5B409348425. ISSN: 1996-0778. Publishers: Academic Journals Inc.
- Alisi, C.S.,Asiwe, S.E., Emejulu, A.A., Ene, A.C.and Nwoguikpe, R.N.,. (2014). Neuroprotective and free radical scavenging potential of some leafy vegetables consumed in the south-eastern Nigeria. Annual Research and Review in Biology. 4(22): 3345-3358URL:http://www.
sciencedomain.org/download. php?f=Alisi4222014ARRB9666. pdf&aid=4911. ISSN:2347-565X. Publishers: SCIENCEDOMAIN international.
- Igwe, C.U., Ojiako, A.O., Okwara, J.E., Emejulu,A.A. and Nwaoguikpe, R.N. (2014). Biochemical and Haematologic Effects of Intake ofMacrotermes nigeriensis Fortified Functional Diet. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 17: 282-286. ISSN 1028-8880/ DOI : 10.3923/pjbs.
- Nwaogu, L. A., Igwe,C. U., Ujowundu, C. O., Emejulu, A, A., Iheme, C. I. and Belonwu, D. C. (2014). Biochemical Changes in Tissues of Telfaria occidentalis Leaves Following Subchronic Exposure to some Heavy Metals. British Jouurnal of Applied Science & Technology 4(9): 1424-1431, SCIENCEDOMAIN internationalwww.
- Nwaoguikpe, R. N, Ujowundu, C. O, and Emejulu, A. A. (2014).The Antioxidant and Free Radical Scavenging Effects of Extracts of Seeds ofSome Neglected Legumes of South-East Nigeria. Sch. Acad. J. Biosci.,2(1): 51-59.www.saspublisher.com ISSN 2321-6883(online) ISSN 2347-9515(print).
- Okwu, G. N., Ogbonna, C. U., Ujowundu, C. O., Igwe, K. O., Igwe, C. U. and Emejulu, A. A.(2014). Protective Effect of Ethanol Leaf Extract of Combretum Zenkeri on Liver Functions of Albino Rats Following Benzo(A)Pyrene Exposure. Biological and Chemical Research, Volume 2, 16-25. SSPub.
- Nwaogu, L. A., Emejulu, A. A. and Udebuani, A. C.(2015). Effect of Ground Seeds of Picralima Nitida Incorporated Diets on Serum Lipid Profile of Albino Rats. Biological and Chemical Research, Vol.7 (2). 1293- 1300. www.cirjab.com email@example.com , ISSN 2347-6893
- Nwaogu, L.A., Emejulu, A. A., Udebuani, A. C. and Arukwe, U.(2015). Biochemical Assessment of Picralima nitida Seeds on Oxidative Stress Parameters of Albino Rats. Annual Research & Review in Biology 8(2): 1-9, ISSN: 2347-565X. SCIENCEDOMAIN internationalwww.
- Nwaoguikpe, R.N., Ujowundu C.O., Emejulu A.A., Iheme C.I., Osam M. and Oguoma O.M. (2015). The Ameliorative Effect of Aqueous Leaves Extract of Acalypha wikessina on Carbon Tetrachloride Induced Hepatoxicity in Wistar Albino Rats Int.J.Curr.Res.Aca.Rev. 3(9): 176-188ISSN: 2347-3215 www.ijcrar.com
- Emejulu, A.A., Alisi, C.S., Asiwe, E.S., Nwaogu, L.A., Igwe, C.U. and Onwuliri, V.A. (2015)Renal and hepato-protective effect of Irvingia gabonensis juice on sodium fluoride-induced toxicity in Wistar rats J. Clin. Toxicol. 6:2. ISSN:2161 0495http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/
- Nwaogu, L. A., Emejulu, A. A., Ene, A. C. and Obasi, U. K. (2016). Lipid Profile of Albino Rats Administered Seed and Pulp Aqueous Extracts of Citrullus Colocynthis. FUTO Journal Series. e-ISSN : 2476-8456 p-ISSN : 2467-8325 Volume-2, Issue-2, pp- 123 – 135. www.futojnls.org
- Obimba, Kelechukwu Clarence, Ozougwu, Jevas Chibuike, Emejulu Adamma Angela, and Ihedimbu, Perpetua Chiamaka (2016). Clinical diagnostic indices of obese patientsInternational Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences ISSN: 2167-0404 Vol. 6 (5), pp. 332-339. Available online at www.
internationalscholarsjournals. org © International Scholars Journals.
- Ogbonna C. U., Ujowundu C. O., Okwu G. N., Emejulu A. A., Alisi C. S. and Igwe K. O. (2016).Biochemical and histological evaluation of benzo[a]pyrene induced nephrotoxicity and therapeutic potentials of Combretum zenkeri leaf extract. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Vol. 10 (41), pp. 873 – 882, DOI:10.5897/AJPP2015.4493 ISSN 1996-0816.
- Emejulu, A. A., Alisi, C. S., Onwuliri, V. A. and Awurum, A. P. (2017). Effect of Ethanol Leaf Extract of Jatropha curcas on Some Liver and Kidney Function Biomarkers of Normal Rabbits. Futo Journal Series (FUTOJNLS)Vol.3, Issue 2 pp 213-224. e-ISSN : 2476-8456 p-ISSN : 2467-8325. Available at http :// www.futojnls.org
- Igwe, C.U., Emejulu, A.A., Nwankwo, C.N. and Onwuliri, V.A. (2017). Alterations in Lipid Profile and Atherogenic Predictor Indices of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients in Awka, Anambra State, Nigeria. Biochemistri 29(2): 44-53. Published by Society for Experimental Biology of Nigeria. ISSN: 1595-6938. Available at http://nisebpublications.
org and http://www.bioline. org.br/bk.
- Emejulu, A.A., Nwufo, K.C., Ene, A.C. and Obasi, U.K (2017). GC-FID Phytochemical Analysis and Intraperitoneal Lethal Dose (LD50) Determination of Ethanol Root Extract of Mucuna pruriens. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Biosciences. Volume 4, Issue 7, PP 23-28. ISSN 2394-5885 (Print) & ISSN 2394-5893 (Online).
- Nwufo, K.C., Ene, A.C., Emejulu, A.A. Obasi, U.K. and Ene C.U. (2017). Antidiabetic Properties of Ethanolic Root Extract of Mucuna Pruriens on Alloxan Induced Diabetic Rats.International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Biosciences Volume 4, Issue 5, 2017, PP 17-29 ISSN 2394-5885 (Print) & ISSN 2394-5893 (Online).
- Nwankwo C.N., Igwe C.U., Emejulu A. A. and Onwuliri V. A. (2017). Demographic and Anthropometric Indices of Male and Female Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients in Anambra State, Nigeria. Futo Journal Series (FUTOJNLS) Vol.3, Issue 2 pp 213-224. e-ISSN : 2476-8456 p-ISSN : 2467-8325. Available at http :// www.futojnls.org.
- Ezeji-Chigbu NGN, Ene AC, Emejulu AA (2018). Sub-Acute Toxicity Evaluation of Aqueous Stem Bark Extract of Sarcocephalus Latifolius. SciFed J Anal Biochem, 1:1
- Ene AC, Ezeji Chigbu NGN , Emejulu AA, Ene CU, Okwu GN, Ujowundu CO (2018). Antiplasmodial and Antioxidant Evaluation of the Methanol and Aqueous Extracts ofSarcocephalus latifolius. SciFed Journal of Analytical Biochemistry 1:1.
- Chikezie, C. M., Ojiako, O. A., Emejulu, A.A. and Chikezie, P. C. (2018). Serum Lactate Dehydrogenase Activity and Visceral Organs and Body Weights of Diabetic Rats Administered Single and Combinatorial Herbal Formulations. Pharmacogn. Commn. 8(1): 37-42. DOI: 10.5530/pc.2018.1.7.
- Inya J., Ojiako, O. A. and Emejulu, A. A. ( 2019). Comparative Glycaemic Indices of a Four Herbal Combinatorial Formulation Administered On Wistar Rats. Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Disorders – Drug Targets. 19 (Issue 7). DOI : 10.2174/
- Okorondu, M.M.O., Okorondu, S., Alisi, C.S., Emejulu, A.A (2019 ). Ameliorative Effect of Psidium Guajava Leaf Extract on Paraquat Induced Renal and Reproductive Hormone Toxicity . Scientific Research Journal (Scirj), Volume vii, Issue iv. Doi: 10.31364/Scirj/V7.I4.2019.
P0419633. Issn 2201-2796.
BOOK CHAPTERS (B.3.1)
- Emejulu, A.A. (2013). Haematology. In: Laboratory experiments in Biochemistry (A student manual). Pp 180-217. Ed. Ojiako, O. A. ISBN:978-978-52056-1-9 Publisher: Futo Press Ltd. Country: Nigeria.
- Emejulu A.A (2013). Diagnosis of Malaria. In: Laboratory experiments in Biochemistry (A student manual). Pp 131-165. Ed. Ojiako, O. A. ISBN:978-978-52056-1-9 Publisher: Futo Press Ltd. Country: Nigeria.
- Ene A.C., Emejulu, A.A. and Ojiako, O.A. (2013). Kidney and Renal Function Tests. In: Laboratory experiments in Biochemistry (A student’s manual). Pp60-75. Ed. Ojiako, O. A. ISBN:978-978-52056-1-9 Publisher: Futo Press Ltd. Country: Nigeria.
- Emejulu A.A, (2014). Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay Techniques. In: Introductory Experiments in Biochemistry. Pp 253-275. Ed. Ojiako, O. A. ISBN: 978-978-52056-1-2 Publisher: Futo Press Ltd.
- Igwe, C.U. and Emejulu, A.A. (2014). Kidney or Renal Function Tests. In: Introductory experiments in Biochemistry. Pp 231-244. Ed. Ojiako, O. A. ISBN: 978-978-52056-1-2 Publisher: Futo Press Ltd.
- Igwe C.U. and Emejulu, A.A. (2014). Cardiac Function Tests. In: Introductory experiments in Biochemistry. Pp 245-252. Ed. Ojiako, O. A. ISBN: 978-978-52056-1-2 Publisher: Futo Press Ltd.
- Emejulu, A.A., Nwaogu, L.A. and Ojiako, O.A. (2014).Chemistry and Quantitative Analyses of Proteins. In : Introductory experiments in Biochemistry. Pp 67-82. Ed. Ojiako, O. A. ISBN: 978-978-52056-1-2 Publisher: Futo Press Ltd.