Lecturer II, Biochemistry Department
Dr Doris I. Ukairo
DR. Doris I. Ukairo of the Department of Biochemistry, FUTO is a professional Biochemist, researcher and academic with above five years of teaching and research experience. My research interests encompass clinical biochemistry, environmental and nutritional toxicology and phytomedicine.
- PhD Medical Biochemistry, FUTO (2018)
- M.Sc., ABU ZARIA (2008)
- B. Tech., FUTO (1998)
- PGDE., NATIONAL TEACHERS’ INSTITUTE, KADUNA (2012).
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member, Nigeria Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (NSBMB)
- Member, African Society of Toxicology (WASOT)
- Member of Nigeria Society for Experimental Biology (NISEB)
- Member, Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD)
Course Code and Courses:
- BCH 301 (ENZYMOLOGY),
- BCH 401* (METABOLIC PATHWAY I)I,
- BCH 503 (PLANT BIOCHEMISTRY)
- BCH/PD 605 (MEMBRANES, TISSUES AND ORGANS),
- BCH/PD 607 (CLINICAL BIOCHEMISTRY AND IMMUNOCHEMISTRY),
- BCH/PD 609* (GENETIC ENGINEERING AND BIOTECHNOLOGY)
- TEACHING AND SUPERVISION
- PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES
- TEAMWORK AND PROGRESS SUPPORT
Areas of research interest include Clinical biochemistry, environmental and nutritional toxicology and phytomedicine with focus on the analyses and useful application of neglected/less utilized plant resources in providing practical solutions to challenges posed to health and environmental sectors.
- Okey Alphonsus Ojiako, Paul Chidoka Chikezie, Doris Ifeyinwa Ukairo, Chiedozie Onyejiaka Ibegbulem, Reginald Nwazue Nwaoguikpe. (2018). Hepatic Oxidative Stress and Haematological Parameters of Wistar Rats Following Infusion of Carbon Tetrachloride and Treated with Raw and Hydrothermal Processed Herbs. Pharmacognosy Communications, 8(1): 29 – 36.
- Okey-Mbata Chioma Chinyere, Keatch Robert, Igwe Chidi and Ukairo Doris (2017). Formulating fast disintegrating zinc tablet using single struers labopress-1. World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Science, 3(4): 21 – 26.
- Ukairo DI, Ojiako OA, Nwaoguikpe R, Ibegbulem CO, Igwe CU and Iheme CI. (2017). Ameliorative effects of Nigerian recipes on histopathological and immunohistochemical changes of CCl4-induced hepatic fibrosis in male Wistar rats. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry,6(6):1624 -1631.
- Okey A. Ojiako, Paul C. Chikezie, Doris I. Ukairo, Chiedozie O. Ibegbulem, Reginald N. Nwaoguikpe. (2017). Functional assessments and histopathology of hepatorenal tissues of rats treated with raw and processed herbs. European Journal of Biological Research, 7(3): 172 – 190.
- Callistus I Iheme, Doris I Ukairo, Chiedozie O Ibegbulem, Olivia O Okorom and Kelechi Chibundu (2017). Analysis of enzymes activities on domestic waste dump site. .Journal of Bioremediation and Biodegradation, 8(4): 1 -6.
- D. I. Ukairo, H. C. Nzelibe, C. I. Iheme, E. I. Udenze, C. P. Ihedimbu, A. U. Ezirim, and S. Drisu (2016). Raw grain characteristics and endoglucanase activity of Sorghum (S.bi-color) and Millet (Pennisetum typhoides and Digitaria exilis) malts. International Journal of
- C I Iheme, R N Nwaoguikpe, C S Alisi, L A Nwaogu, C O Ujowundu, D I Ukairo and C E Orji (2016). Effects of Electromagnetic Radiations (EMR) on Some Soil Physicochemical Parameters, Catalase and Dehydrogenase Activities. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT), 10 (1): 25-34. e-ISSN: 2319-2402,p- ISSN: 2319-2399.
- D. I. Ukairo, H. C. Nzelibe, C. I. Iheme, E. I. Udenze, C. P. Ihedimbu and A. U. Ezirim (2015). Purification and Characterization of Endoglucanase from Sorghum (S.bi-color) and Millet malts. International Journal of Biochemistry Research and Review, 8(4): 1-11, Article no.IJBcRR.20593.
- Iheme, C.I., Nwaoguikpe, R. N., Igwe, C. U., Udenze, C. E., Ezirim, A. U., Ukairo, D. I and Ihedimbu, P. C. (2015). Total Colony Counts of Some microorganisms in Soil Samples Exposed to Electromagnetic Radiations from Mobile Phones. International Journal of Biochemistry Research & Review 6(4): 140-150, 2015, Article no.IJBcRR.2015.046 ISSN: 2231-086X.
- Iheme, C.I., Nwaoguikpe, R. N., Abanobi, S. E., Igwe, C. U., Udenze, E.C., Ezirim, A. U., Ihedimbu, P. C and Ukairo, D. I. (2015). Changes in Enzyme Activities of Soil Samples Exposed to Electromagnetic radiations (EMR) from a mobile phone. African Journal of Biochemistry Research, 9(1): 1 – 8. DOI: 10.5897/AJBR2014.0808.