Lecturer II, Biochemistry Department
Godwin C. Njoku
Born to the family of late Anthony and Dorothy Njoku, Ubah Mbaoma, Emii, Owerri. Attended Secondary school at Emekuku high school and obtained WASC (1971). Had a brief working experience at Nigerian ports authority (NPA) Lagos, African continental bank (ACB) Lagos. Went for higher education at University of Lagos (1979-1983) and obtained B.Sc (Hons) Biochemistry, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, (M.Sc) in 1999. Was a teaching staff of biochemistry Department ABU- Zaria (2000-2017) and retired in September 22nd, 2017. Obtained a Contract job at FUTO Biochemistry Dept, 2019- to date.
- B.Sc Biochemistry 1998.
- B.Sc Biochemistry 1983.
- G.C.E. O/L 1978.
- West African school certificate 1971.
Courses Assigned to Teach
Rain semester 2018/2019
- BCH 202; Chemistry of proteins and nucleic acids
- BCH 302; metabolic pathway
- BCH 502; Applied Enzymology
- BCH 506; Industrial pollution and waste management
- Harmattan semester 2018/2019
- BCH/PHD 601; General metabolism and regulation
- BCH/PHD 603; Instrumentation techniques in biochemistry.
Harmattan semester 2019/2020
- BCH 403; Advanced Enzymology
- BCH 409; Metabloic Regulation
- BCH 511; Cell and tissue culture technique
- Seminar /project
- African continental bank (1975-1978)
- School management board, imo state (1984-1992)
- Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Teaching Staff (1999-2017)
- Effect of cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) processing methods on flatus causing oligosaccharides. P.C Onyenekwe G.C NJOKU, D.A. Ameh (2000).
- A 45 KDA midgut glycol protein from Anopheles albimanus mosquito mediates the killing of trypanosomes. Andrew J Nok, G.C. NJOKU and E. Balogun (2002)
- Indigenous knowledge system for trypanosomiasis in the Kaduna State of Nigeria. S.E. Atawodi, D.A. Ameh, S. Ibrahim, J.N. Andrew, H.C. Nzelibe, Onyike, K.M. Anigo, E.A. Abu, B.D James, G.C NJOKU, A.B. Sallau (2001)
- Effects of Guiera Senegalensis leaf extraction some Echis carinatus venom Enzymes. A.B. Sallau, G.C. NJOKU, A.R.Olabisi, A.U. Wurochekke, A.A, Abdulkadir, Shehu Isah, M.S. Abubakar and S.I Ibrahim (2005)
- In VIVO Activity of system bark aqueous extract of Khara Segalensis against Trypanosoma Brucei Ibrahim, M.A, G.C. NJOKU, and Sallau A.B (2008)
- Pancreatic Islet regeneration and some liver biochemistry parameters of leaf extract of Vitex doniana in normal and streptozotocin-induced diabetic albino rats. Okpe Oche, Ibrahim Sani, Njoku Godwin Chiaka, Ndidi Uche Samuel, Atabo Samuel (2011).
- Isolation of Aspergillums Niger from three varieties of phytase and tannase. H.V. Difo, E. Onyike, D. A.Ameh, G.C. Njoku and U.S.Ndidi. (2013).
- Antihyperglycemic and Antihyperlipidemic effects of Aqueous and ethanol leaf extract of vitex doniana in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Ibrahim Sani, Okpe Oche, Njoku Godwin Chiaka, and Ndidi Uche Samuel, (2014).
- Changes in nutrient and antinutrient composition of Vigna racemosa flour in open and controlled fermentation. V.H.Difo, E. Onyike, D.A. Ameh, G.C.Njoku, and U.S.Ndidi. (2014).