Assistant Lecturer, Biochemistry Department
Raymond C. Ibeh
My name is Ibeh Raymond Chigozie, I hail from Ikeduru LGA in Imo state. I did my primary education at central primary school where I obtained my First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) and secondary education at Helpers International College, both in Orile-Iganmu Lagos State. I hold a Master’s Degree in Biochemistry (Distinction in Clinical/Medical Biochemistry) and a Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry. Both degrees have accorded me professional mastery of Biochemistry. I am proficient in public speaking and adept at sharing knowledge with varying audiences. I have demonstrated this through research papers and seminars that I presented at workplaces and in the course of my degrees. I am exceptionally skilled at employing computer packages as teaching aids, with attendant testimonials from past supervisors and students alike affirming my ability to bring ease of understanding to the most difficult of subjects.
My previous engagement as Technologist II in the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) and my current engagement as an assistant lecturer, department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Technology, Owerri in addition to rigorous course loads both at the graduate and postgraduate studies, have enhanced my writing and research skills. I have also garnered teaching strength, especially in Biochemical Pharmacology, Advanced Enzymology, Clinical Biochemistry, Carbohydrate Metabolism, Membrane Biochemistry and Biochemical instrumentation. Additionally, I am inclined to active involvement in all aspects of academia: design of appropriate teaching and assessment methodologies, development of individual teaching materials as well as motivating students to attain their full academic potentials. I am physically and mentally stable, even if under pressure.
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (M.Sc Clinical Biochemistry 2018)
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (B.Sc Biochemistry 2012)
Courses Assigned to Teach
- BCH 307: Membrane Biochemistry
- BCH 403: Advanced Enzymology
- BCH 407: Bioinorganic Chemistry
- BCH 411: Industrial Biochemistry
- BCH 505: Seminar/Project
Technologist II (Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike) January 2016- June 2017.
Biochemical Pharmacology with interest in Genomics.
- Godfrey, O.C, Okafor, P.N, Nwankpa, P, Ibeh, R.C et al. Assessment of the Weight Reducing Potentials of Ethanolic Seed Extract of Cola lepidota K Schum in High Fat Fed Female Albino Wistar Rats. American journal of phytomedicine and clinical therapeutics. 6.3:14
- R. C. Ibeh*, G. C. Ikechukwu, S. N. Ijioma, A. K. Singh, M. Asadi-Samani, C. I. Nwankwo, E. U. Ejiofor, S. O. Onoja, G. S. Aloh. Antispasmolytic and Antidiarrheal Activity of NewbouldiaLaevis, Cola NitidaandAcanthusMontanusLeaf Extracts on Gastrointestinal Smooth Muscles. Journal of pharmacology and toxicology.14:1-8
- G.C. Ikechukwu, S.I. Egba, R.C. Ibeh, E.G. Helal, E.U. Ejiofor and P.N. Okafor. Assessment of Sub-chronic Effect of Two Artificial Food Additives on Selected Biochemical Parameters in Wistar Rats. Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology. 12:180-190.
- Ejiofor U. Emmanuel, Ebhohon S. Onagbonfeoana, Nwuke P. Chinedu, Atasie O. Chibuike, Oriaku C. Edith, IneamaChioma, AjahObinna, Ikechukwu C. Gavin, Ibeh C. Raymond, Omeh Y. Ndukaku (2017). Ameliorative effect of methanol extract of Telfairiaoccidentalis Hook. andAmaranthushybridus Linn. against cadmium-induced oxidative stress in rats. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol. 7 (09), pp. 109-115
- Ibeh R.C, Aloh G.S, Ikechukwu G.C, Edward U.I, Azubuike-Izah I.O, Ijioma S.N, Ejiofor E.U and Njoku C.J(2017). Phytochemical Analysis and Anticholinergic Properties of Methanol Leaf Extract of Arachis Hypogea on Isolated Rabbit Jejunum. Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medical Research. 2(4):1-7.
- Ibeh R.C, Aloh G.S, Ikechukwu G.C. (2017). Anti-inflammatory and Hepatoprotective potential of methanol Leaf Extract of Arachis Hypogea. British Journal of Pharmaceutical research. 16(6): 1-12
- Ijeoma S.N, Nwachukwu O.N, Ede N.E, Ibeh R.C, Ngwu E. E. (2016). Erythrocyte Osmotic Fragility and Haematological Profile of Rats Administered Graded Doses of TetrapleuraTetrapteraFruits and GongronemaLatifolium Leaf Extract. Contemporary Journal of Empirical Research. 2(3): 79-97.
- Omodamiro O.D and Ibeh, R.C (2014). Evaluation of antidiarrhoeal activities of leaf and fruit of psidiumguajava L. (Myrtaceae) In experimental model. Peak Journal of Medicinal plant Research. Vol 2(5): 58-62.