Assistant Lecturer, Department of Biology
Mr Chikezie F. Ezeanowai
Mr Ezeanowai, Chikezie Franklin is from Isiekenesi in Ideato South, Local Government Area of Imo State. He bagged a Bachelor of Science Degree in Applied Biology from Ebonyi State University in 2015 and a Master of Science Degree in Genetics from the University of Benin in 2019. Mr Ezeanowai’s research is focused on plant epigenetic mechanism under stress condition, plant breeding, molecular cytogenetics and transposable elements.
- Master of Science Degree Genetics – 2019
- Bachelor of Science Degree Applied Biology (Second Class Upper Division) – 2015
- Health, Safety and Environment 1, 2 and 3 – 2016
- Certificate of First Aid/CPR – 2016
- Certificate of Merit Award – 2016
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Biotechnology Society of Nigeria
Course Assigned to Teach
- BIO403 and BIO 413
2019 till date – Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO)
Job post: Assistant lecturer
- To support the design, development and production of learning and teaching material and deliver either across a range of modules or within a subject area.
- Delivery of teaching programmes in accordance with the University’s strategy, policy and procedures.
- Lead on all aspects of this work including publicity, briefing of participants and ensuring student payments, to evaluation and dissemination of activities both nationally and internationally.
- Support the Head of Student Engagement and other members of the team in other related activities such as welcome week, student surveys and module evaluation.
2017 -2018 – Npower volunteer
Job Post: Biology Teacher
Main duty in the above post includes
- Develop and initiate biology teaching materials and course content as well as deliver lectures to students on living organisms and things.
- Teach students how cells function in relation to their environments.
- Teach and encourage students to conduct experiments in biology.
- Develop and integrate illustrative concepts in biology teaching methods.
- Design and develop classroom assignments and programs in biology.
- Provide stimulating learning experiences to students in biology.
- Conduct examinations and grade students in biology.
- Assist faculty in their daily tasks and activities.
- Maintain appropriate records, materials, equipment and facilities.
2015-2016 – Niger Delta University, Department of Pharmacology
Job Post: Research Assistant (NYSC Posting).
As a corp member, I functioned as an Assistant Research Scientist. I was attached to Professor, Hope Obianwu in carrying out laboratory research. Main duties in the above post include to
- Prepare samples for testing using various laboratory equipment.
- Maintain all laboratory records.
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
- Conduct laboratory tests, analyze results and document your findings.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Document all activities, results and report back to management.
- Clean and sterilize equipment and work area.
- Collect and prepare research and information needed for studies.
- Classify and label samples.
- Undertake basic administrative tasks such as filing and answering telephones.
Plant epigenetic mechanism under stress condition, plant breeding, molecular cytogenetics and transposable elements.
- Nneamaka, Chiegboka, Ezeanowai, Chikezie F. and Oguzie, Emeka E (2020) Plasmid Profile Of Bacteria Isolated From Painted Concrete Walls From Parts Of Southern, Nigeria, International Journal Of Creative Research Thoughts Volume 8:(2)720-724.
- Chiegboka Nneamaka Alice And Ezeanowai Chikezie F (2020) Plasmid Profiling Of Antibiotic-Resistant Organisms Isolated From Hospital Efuents Discharged Into Nworie River Imo State Journal Of Clinical & Experimental Immunology Volume 5:(1)32-37
- Ukaoma Adanma A1, Nwachukwu M. O.2, Adjeroh Laurencia3, Ezeanowai Chikezie F, Iwu Irenus C.5, Duru M C (2019) Comparative Study on Microbial Loads of Fermented Castor Oil Seeds (Ricinus communis) and Melon Seeds (Citrullus vulgaris) International Journal of Science and Research, Volume 8:(8 ) 83-89
- Onwe Chikaodia and Ezeanowai Chikezie (2019) Identification of Mosquitoes Species Diversity in South Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, Nigeria. International Journal of Social Sciences: Current and Future Research Trends Volume 1:(1) 32-37
- Chiegboka Nneamaka A and Ezeanowai Chikezie F (2020) Heavy Metal Effects on Dehydrogenase Activities of Providencia vermicular. Accepted for publication in Applied Ecology and Environmental Sciences.